• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys wearing chick's jeans...

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Maybe you should be more accepting of the fact that some of us enjoy being skinny and don't buy into your stereotypical image of what a man is.

I've seen dozens of posts about people telling the skinny members of the forum to "BULK UP" well maybe we're just not that insecure about our bodies to feel a need to do such a thing.
facepalm.gif

Also, last time I checked men have been dressing what you would call "effeminately" forever... Kilts? Tights? Togas? Let's not even get started on the way royalty has dressed throughout the ages.
Is having an open mind considered effeminate these days?

I applaud your effort in retailation, but this is the USA. Nobody ever wore kilts here. And I don't want to be compared to any kilt-wearing pussies.

sabvinnie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
I find that, in general, guys on this site are 1) Too skinny 2) Too effeminate. I propose that you all (1) hit the gym and (2) MAN UP. This is a men's fashion forum. Dress like one! Thanks for listening.
Nice!

There are loads of spray on dudes jeans out there, no need to borrow your girlfriends.

joeinnj

Reaction score
I wear girl jeans no one ever knows the difference . In-fact most women comment on how good they look , Womens jeans do not constrict anything as some of you think . They fit 100 times better

They have a stretch material that fits and feels better , i do not wear them tight . I would suggest trying them before you knock it , I do realize some of the guys in those real skinny jeasn look silly but a good fitting pair of women jeans is way better than any guy jeans

Try one of these but be sure that they are the ones with low cotton content
like 80 % cotton 19% polyester and 1% spandex

the first pair would be womens straight levis like the 552
they look totally guy when on a guy but they fit and feel so so much better
the second pair
The flirt from old navy wonderful jeans for a guy or a girl

I am willing to bet any guy who tried either of these in the right size would not want anything else !

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joeinnj
I wear girl jeans no one ever knows the difference . In-fact most women comment on how good they look , Womens jeans do not constrict anything as some of you think . They fit 100 times better They have a stretch material that fits and feels better , i do not wear them tight . I would suggest trying them before you knock it , I do realize some of the guys in those real skinny jeasn look silly but a good fitting pair of women jeans is way better than any guy jeans Try one of these but be sure that they are the ones with low cotton content like 80 % cotton 19% polyester and 1% spandex the first pair would be womens straight levis like the 552 they look totally guy when on a guy but they fit and feel so so much better the second pair The flirt from old navy wonderful jeans for a guy or a girl I am willing to bet any guy who tried either of these in the right size would not want anything else !
531f2s.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
god why are 99% of noobs idiots

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
531f2s.gif

Willy is that... a Gossip Girl gif? Really?

Originally Posted by joeinnj
I wear girl jeans no one ever knows the difference . In-fact most women comment on how good they look , Womens jeans do not constrict anything as some of you think . They fit 100 times better

They have a stretch material that fits and feels better , i do not wear them tight . I would suggest trying them before you knock it , I do realize some of the guys in those real skinny jeasn look silly but a good fitting pair of women jeans is way better than any guy jeans

Try one of these but be sure that they are the ones with low cotton content
like 80 % cotton 19% polyester and 1% spandex

the first pair would be womens straight levis like the 552
they look totally guy when on a guy but they fit and feel so so much better
the second pair
The flirt from old navy wonderful jeans for a guy or a girl

I am willing to bet any guy who tried either of these in the right size would not want anything else !

I wore girl jeans when I was in... freshman year of high school? I can safely say that if I want "stretchy" jeans, I could go to Lucky or 7 (ugh) or Nudie (meh) and find men's jeans that stretch. In fact, I wore some Nudie Tight Long Johns that stretched more than my girlfriend's 7s.

Second, and this is probably just me, but why would I want jeans that are only 80% cotton?

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
A guy I work with used to share jeans with his then-girlfriend. He's built like a 5 year old girl so he can pull it off.

If you're comfy and feel good doing it...give 'er I guess. I can't wrap my head around the concept of how androgynous 'style' has become (but I wear some stuff from AA, so I've fallen into it too) but to each their own.

I like my men big, mean, burly and manly looking (a la The Art of Manliness).

Also, last time I checked men have been dressing what you would call "effeminately" forever... Kilts? Tights? Togas? Let's not even get started on the way royalty has dressed throughout the ages.
Is having an open mind considered effeminate these days?
Kilts are about as manly as they come. Has no one seen Braveheart?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about doing it. Not because I can't find skinny regular jeans - but try finding skinny motorcycle-specific jeans - it is impossible. I think it is because most motorcyclists are either big cruiser dudes or leather-wearing sportbikers.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Its just funny to imagine a dude in chicks jeans... when I think of chicks jeans, I automatically envision cute tight asses... and when I superimpose that on to a dude in my mind's photoshop... lol. Not knocking the doing it, I just think its funny to envision it.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
I am thinking about doing it. Not because I can't find skinny regular jeans - but try finding skinny motorcycle-specific jeans - it is impossible. I think it is because most motorcyclists are either big cruiser dudes or leather-wearing sportbikers.
really? it's impossible? wow i just found some in 30 seconds http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=408

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki

What are motorcycle-specific jeans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads