• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

suiturself

Reaction score
Crappy cell phone pic from this weekend. Forgot the camera
baldy[1].gif

waywrn_2010-03-06.jpg

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Just because I feel like I should beat this to death. They painfully remind of missing on the great RLPL sellout of three months ago.

Well,if it is any consolation to you,I hated Narvells, they are pointy and looked clownish on my feet. I would take Saviles over Narvells at a heart beat. Plus Saviles are Handgrade so they are must be on par with G&G Narvells.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
mar10001.jpg

Great combination here. Not so sure about some of your others this week.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
8-56.jpg

Wouldn't normally be my sort of thing at all... but that car does have a certain something.

Originally Posted by maomao1980
P3017712.jpg

I'm late to the circle jerk but would you mind my copying this? I already own all the ingredients...

Originally Posted by niidawg3
00eba109.jpg

Nice. You do these odd jacket based fits very well.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
20100311_portrait.jpg

Vintage Suit

Love the look of the fabric. Really nice. I'm not terribly keen on the overall fit, but can't pinpoint why... I think it might be because the pattern's vertical alignment is quite "bowed" outwards in a convex fashion, which seems to fight the concavity of the waist suppression. It creates a slightly confusing optical effect. But clearly a nice find!
My reaction was the same as Holdfast's... I think it's the shape of the chest that's bothering me - it seems bulgy, like there's too much material there (or is this what they call 'drape'?). I also agree the jacket is too long (though I tend towards the other extreme of course). Still, I'm sure a good alterations tailor could work wonders on it.

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Boo.
Welcome back!

You're returning in spirit-form?
wink.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
The tie would be perfect without the red stripe... overall I really like this look.

Exceptionally nice colours & textures, and well worth a requote.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
for as long as i've been here - this could arguably be one of your best weeks yet. Please dont disappoint me with "Scary Casual Friday"

Thanks.

Originally Posted by dv3
Really outstanding Vox. The cut of the trou and jacket are perfect IMO.

Is there something going on with the sleeves? The D&S sleeves look just slightly short, while the jacket sleeves look just slightly long.

Originally Posted by UpperWestie
B - I prefer a higher collar on you. I vaguely recall this being mentioned before.

Originally Posted by fritzl
collar looks a bit tight, but this seem to be a sf thing...

great look all the way. kiton's look great.

Based on this first shirt from Dege, the rest of the order will have:

- Longer sleeves...maybe 0.5 to 0.75 inches.

- A collar that is a bit taller, bigger, and that sits higher on the front of the neck.

At least, those are the two major things I'll ask Whittaker to do when I see him later this month. There'll be some other, minor changes as well.

- B

ajv

Reaction score
Boo.
WAYWT3-6.jpg
WAYWT2-16.jpg

LTNS Neo, just for that reason the requote is worth it (imo) welcome back........ Adrian

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Nice. You do these odd jacket based fits very well.

Great combining
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ld111134
Nice play between the PS and windowpane pattern, Nii.

Two really nice colour-plays; very nice indeed!
bigstar[1].gif

Dawg great look today.

thank you, thank, you thank you ... y'all far too kind.

Boo.

Look what the wind blew in ... Welcome back Neo.

Originally Posted by suiturself
Crappy cell phone pic from this weekend. Forgot the camera
baldy[1].gif

from the little i can see not a bad start ... keep at it!!

Enforcicon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
There is absolutely nothing that I would change about those photographs.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido

- I love your snark humour

lol8[1].gif

Alright then. I'm usually better at picking up on sarcasm.
facepalm.gif
Glad I could help stem the tide of "everything is great, you look superb, blah blah blah. At least you guys have an opportunity to offer advice rather than just drool on each other.
laugh.gif
As nearly all of my posts indicate, I am new at this. Seems like a still have a lot to learn.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Well,if it is any consolation to you,I hated Narvells, they are pointy and looked clownish on my feet. I would take Saviles over Narvells at a heart beat. Plus Saviles are Handgrade so they are must be on par with G&G Narvells.

Yes now I feel slightly better.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
Divots?!
patch[1].gif
I thought divots were the new sprezz
teacha.gif

It looks like you gained 50 pounds from your first pic to your second pic.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

That's alot of meat.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When are you cutting down that beard of yours? What was the deal anyways?I would make a pay pal contribution not to see that.

BBC

Reaction score

That's the infamous sack cut in "full" effect - when I get tired I just crawl inside for a nap.

- B

lol8[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads