• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Thinking about trying to cancel my Roy Boot order.

I paid for them in December and they're not due 'til June. Not their fault--I called in Feb. and changed my size after trying the Barrie last in a store, which of course set my order back. But it sucks having the funds tied up with nothing to show for it. Fine for a cigar indy, maybe, but not sure it's worth it for these Roy Boots.

i know what you mean i want the roy boot as well but don't know if i want them to hold my money, running into the same problem with some pre-order from winn perry which are not due until september. the catch 22 is if you miss out on the boots or shoes then your wait could be 1 to 2yrs if they make them again.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They require full payment up front? That seems...unacceptable. One more reason to do business with Tom at leathersoul. Speaking of, Tom, any word on the #8 jumpboot order from the fall?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Just in case some of y'all don't keep track of Tom's blog:

rw1.jpg

rw2.jpg

rw3.jpg

Great stuff!

Frankenshoe. A wholecut would have been better.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
They require full payment up front? That seems...unacceptable. One more reason to do business with Tom at leathersoul. Speaking of, Tom, any word on the #8 jumpboot order from the fall?

winn perry wants half, and yes full price for the roy boot.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
winn perry wants half, and yes full price for the roy boot.

That's right, $445 "non-refundable" bones for the roy.

I think they may give the refund anyway--hard to imagine them having any difficulty selling these, esp. since it's their last order. Context has mentioned in the past that they wish they could keep some on their shelves. But who knows.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
Originally Posted by sipang
Do you guys know any place online besides Blackbird where I can find shortwing bluchers (barrie last) ?
To the best of my knowledge, only theshoemart and shermanbrothers sell shortwing bluchers, but in Aberdeen last, which is a regular stock model:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html

I will appreciate if someone knows any other shortwing blucher model, regardless of last.

Thanks. The aberdeen last is a bit too sleek for my liking unfortunately, looks like Blackbird it is.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
tx. and I presume you wear #8 year round?
Any color shell besides the whiskey will do you year round. If you are in hotter climates like Texas or Florida the whiskey will do you year round. I doubt anyone would say anything if you wear the whiskey year around but you will find the color less versatile overall than #8 or Cigar.

socialdtk

Reaction score
Over the past few months my new Indy Boots have developed a few scuffs and some discoloration. I would like to continue to wear them to the office but I don't think mildly distressed boots are appropriate in that setting. How would you recommend that I clean them up? I would like to keep them as true to their original color as possible without staining the contract stitching.

o794cg.jpg

dnyqfd.jpg

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by socialdtk
Over the past few months my new Indy Boots have developed a few scuffs and some discoloration. I would like to continue to wear them to the office but I don't think mildly distressed boots are appropriate in that setting. How would you recommend that I clean them up? I would like to keep them as true to their original color as possible without staining the contract stitching.

Use some leather conditioner. That will usually pick up a little color and transfer it to the scuff.

socialdtk

Reaction score
Is there a specific brand of leather conditioner that I should use? I'm new to this.

Thanks

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crema Nubiana is a great conditioner, usually on sale from Franco's but they appear out of stock right now. You may want to send an email asking when they are getting it back in. It conditions leather, beeswax gives pretty good waterproofing, and it gives a quite nice and pretty effortless shine with a quick brushing.

Meltonian Leather Conditioner is not bad, and Obenauf's Heavy Duty Leather Protector is better, but both will darken the color of your shoes somewhat. Lexol does not darken much, but I don't think it does much, it dries out very quickly, and does not really cover scratches very well.

If you can find Crema Nubiana, it is worth it. It's good on shell cordovan as well.

Originally Posted by socialdtk
Is there a specific brand of leather conditioner that I should use? I'm new to this.

Thanks

Seafinch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
That's right, $445 "non-refundable" bones for the roy.

I think they may give the refund anyway--hard to imagine them having any difficulty selling these, esp. since it's their last order. Context has mentioned in the past that they wish they could keep some on their shelves. But who knows.

You won't get a refund. Just exchange or store credit
frown.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seafinch
You won't get a refund. Just exchange or store credit
frown.gif

Ah, well. I'll wait it out. I'll probably be happy that i did when they arrive.

mikesduc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
Any color shell besides the whiskey will do you year round. If you are in hotter climates like Texas or Florida the whiskey will do you year round. I doubt anyone would say anything if you wear the whiskey year around but you will find the color less versatile overall than #8 or Cigar.

+1 on this, BUT Whiskey is so nice I think its a great color to have. Can't wait to break out the chukkas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads