• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for mentioning the Revolve discount, I had never heard of that before. New pair of black 1000 miles boots ordered for $227.50 delivered. I checked these out in person (thankfully because they run HUGE...I'm normally a 12, an 11.5 in Alden Indy and White's but a solid 11 in the 1000 mile) and didn't feel quite ready to drop full price on them, but at $227.50 I couldn't pass them up.

Great service from Revolve too...emailed them my order number and within 5 minutes I had a response with the 30% credit on my card.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the quality of these boots? Being made in the USA, using Horween leather and Goodyear welting I would think that these would last up to their name, but talk is cheap.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with these and how they hold up. I've been thinking of picking up a pair, as I prefer this style over the Red Wing GT and the Alden Indy. I just dont want to shell out a few hundred bucks for these and have them only last a year or so.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks gents.

arrow

Reaction score
Plenty of nice detailed reviews in the past couple of pages.

I've owned the RW GT and Alden Indy. I tried on the 1000 mile boots but didn't feel "solid" to me.
Great looking boots but in terms of comfort, my vote goes to the Indy Trubalance last.
I'm sure the Wolverines will last for a good couple of years with resoling.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arrow
Plenty of nice detailed reviews in the past couple of pages.

I've owned the RW GT and Alden Indy. I tried on the 1000 mile boots but didn't feel "solid" to me.
Great looking boots but in terms of comfort, my vote goes to the Indy Trubalance last.
I'm sure the Wolverines will last for a good couple of years with resoling.

I'm just not a huge fan of moc toes, if the Indy was a plain toe I would probably go for that. Also I love the heel and the overall lines of the 1000 mile boot.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
thanks for mentioning the Revolve discount, I had never heard of that before. New pair of black 1000 miles boots ordered for $227.50 delivered. I checked these out in person (thankfully because they run HUGE...I'm normally a 12, an 11.5 in Alden Indy and White's but a solid 11 in the 1000 mile) and didn't feel quite ready to drop full price on them, but at $227.50 I couldn't pass them up.

Great service from Revolve too...emailed them my order number and within 5 minutes I had a response with the 30% credit on my card.

Do you happen to know what size you are in Red Wings?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 1000k boots own. The leather is much better than that stiff GT stuff and they are more comfortable imo. They will last much more than a couple years unless you make it a point to treat them badly

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
The 1000k boots own. The leather is much better than that stiff GT stuff and they are more comfortable imo. They will last much more than a couple years unless you make it a point to treat them badly

Do you own them? If so how well does the leather break in/age? Some boots develop terrible looking creases and I'm wondering if these do.

But yea, I was hoping they would last me more than a couple years, they should for their price tag
laugh.gif

Thanks for the help.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My GT's are 11.5 but they are a little narrow and a little long. My 1000 miles are 11 and the fit seems pretty spot on. My Alden Indy size is 11.5 as is my White's Semi Dress size. I have all the boots mentioned above, so far I really like the 1000 mile boot. Leather quality is amazing...thick chromexcel leather is hard to beat. Overall construction looks very good. Definitely a solid step up from the Red Wing GT. I think the Indy is a more polished and refined boot though. If you are going to spend $300 plus on a boot and don't already have one the Indy would be my choice. At $227.50 that I paid for my 1000 mile though it's an amazing deal and a great buy. Even at regular price I think it's of reasonable quality for the price if you prefer the look to the Indy or already have the Indy. In my oppinion the hierarchy is (best to worst): White's SD Alden Indy Wolverine 1000 mile Red Wing GT Which strangly enough mirrors the price hierarchy too....shocking
wink.gif
The Wolverine and Indy are pretty close though for different reason. Aldens are a little more finished and refined but the leather on the 1000 mile is nicer by a good margin.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
My GT's are 11.5 but they are a little narrow and a little long. My 1000 miles are 11 and the fit seems pretty spot on. My Alden Indy size is 11.5 as is my White's Semi Dress size.

I have all the boots mentioned above, so far I really like the 1000 mile boot. Leather quality is amazing...thick chromexcel leather is hard to beat. Overall construction looks very good. Definitely a solid step up from the Red Wing GT. I think the Indy is a more polished and refined boot though. If you are going to spend $300 plus on a boot and don't already have one the Indy would be my choice. At $227.50 that I paid for my 1000 mile though it's an amazing deal and a great buy. Even at regular price I think it's of reasonable quality for the price if you prefer the look to the Indy or already have the Indy.

In my oppinion the hierarchy is (best to worst):

White's SD
Alden Indy
Wolverine 1000 mile
Red Wing GT

Which strangly enough mirrors the price hierarchy too....shocking
wink.gif
The Wolverine and Indy are pretty close though for different reason. Aldens are a little more finished and refined but the leather on the 1000 mile is nicer by a good margin.

Great info! Thanks a lot for this. I think you just sealed the deal for me. One more question about the 1000, how wide are they? Do they look nice on? Hard to tell from pics of the boot, if you could post a pic of you wearing yours that would be fantastic.

Thanks again for the help.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't had the chance to wear them much..Will let you know tonight and get some pics if possible.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
Do you own them? If so how well does the leather break in/age? Some boots develop terrible looking creases and I'm wondering if these do.

But yea, I was hoping they would last me more than a couple years, they should for their price tag
laugh.gif

Thanks for the help.

Yeah I have them in black. They really don't have a "break in" period as far as comfort. The Horween chromexcel leather is so well treated it's really supple. They aren't big or clunky at all either. The creasing on mine isn't anything that I think looks bad. I mean the creases all look pretty natural. There was another thread about the 1000k that I put some pics in if you can find it

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are wider in size 11 then my 11.5 GT's are. These actually may be the best fitting boots I've ever had from the short wearing around the house. Just really comfy right out of the box. I'd say they are a pretty true D width (I find the Red Wings narrow, my Alden's true, and my White's a little wide).

Also, after having a chance to look these over closely I must say the details are very nice. Finishing along the welt and the stitching is very clean and well done...better then my Alden's, White's or Red Wings to be honest. The leather has the typical small marks here and there that I think you find on most Chromexcel leathers...that is part of the character of Chromexcel in my opinion and in no way a negative. Also the laces are really nice thick waxed cotton and have a nice feel to them....a small issue but a noticeable one.

(will add pics to this post shortly)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
Yeah I have them in black. They really don't have a "break in" period as far as comfort. The Horween chromexcel leather is so well treated it's really supple. They aren't big or clunky at all either. The creasing on mine isn't anything that I think looks bad. I mean the creases all look pretty natural. There was another thread about the 1000k that I put some pics in if you can find it

I am thinking I may get them in black at some point. I really like how the sole looks next to the black leather.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like them. Supper comfy and the weather well.

They are supper prone to scuff but you get over that after like the first 1 or 2.

leather is supper cool too

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn it...I spoke too soon. I found a loose stitch where the upper was attached to the vamp. Thought it might be fine and it was just a loose thread but a small pull started it coming apart in that spot. Small flaw, but one that I could see leading to bigger issues down the road. These are going back to Revolve.

May just get a replacement pair but may just return...for some reasons issues like that often turn me off an item for no good reason. also, close inspection of the fit shoes that I have skinny ass ankles....the top speed hooks bring the sides completely together and still aren't fully tight around my ankle. Partly the cut of the boot (my White's, Alden's and RW's all come really close together as my foot is just very low volume...but these are the worst). Would be a great choice for someone with a high volume foot though.

Still, I think if you get a pair without the flaw they are a great boot, overall quality was excellent minus this one issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads