• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Psyren

Reaction score
Still haven't played it it'll have to wait for next weekend. But I've heard nothing but good things.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ssnyc
Bought Heavy Rain on Tuesday (for $59), finished it on Wednesday (with a couple different endings), sold on eBay on Thursday ($55).

Didn't expect the sex scene.

+1 didn't expect it either, but then again, I did a lot of things in that game I didn't expect to do. Overall I really enjoyed it, couldn't put it down.

Just got bioshock 2, will probably play around with it this weekend.

TotesMcGotes

Reaction score
Just got bioshock 2, will probably play around with it this weekend.
I beat that recently, a lot like the first but with improvements where needed. I really enjoyed it.
There are some really strange achievements in the game though, I think they are the secret ones.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend I fired up my old Xbox. I haven't really played it since the Spring of 2004 (when I started up an MMO, everquest).

I popped in my favorite game - Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Game of the Year ed.)

Now I remember what a true and fun RPG is supposed to be like, lol

I was very disappointed when Oblivion came out, because to me they took a lot of the fun out of the game, including customization.

I think I'll enjoy playing Morrowind again and plan to do tons of sidequesting because I can't recall a game that really draws you in as much as Morrowind (unless we get into MMOs which is a whole different ballgame).

Anyone else love to play TES3: Morrowind? And more importantly, do you like it more than Oblivion?

Other people hate on me when I tell them I like Morrowind more, but I think many of them never really played Morrowind much, or tried Morrowind after Oblivion and discredited it due simply to poorer graphics.

I remember the first days I played Morrowind back in 2004: I was barely out of college and had a few weeks free, so I played that damn game for about 15 hours a day

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I remember about Morrowind was running around killing guards in Vivec.

YOU N'WAH

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahahaha this will be glorious. I can't imagine the majority of the XBL community using this new privilege responsibly.

Just picked up FF13. Will go home early to play, and will post impressions later.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pickep up a copy of Civ IV this weekend. Damn that game is addictive.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Just finished Zelda: Spirit Tracks for DS. Was a pretty solid game.

The train travel system is annoying as hell (i hated the sailing in windwaker and phantom hourglass). I just feel like it's a way to stretch a shortish game into a longer one. I didn't do almost any of the sidequests because it involved talking to someone, having him ride on your train and taking him across the land to another place. It'd open up new tracks allowing you access to new treasure, rabbits (collect all 50 for the ability to shoot beams from sword with full health) and like 2 extra dungeons. I dunno. I did like 5 of the 20 sidemissions but got bored with them.

The dungeons themselves were pretty decent though. None of it that challenging from an action standpoint but there are plenty of times where you have to stop, scratch your head and figure out the puzzles. Was enjoyable and fun with the exception of the train stuff. Not as good as lttp or oot but definitely worth a play especially since on the DS it's a great way to spend a train/plane trip

Gotta pick up FF13 sometime this week now

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Played several hours of FF13. First impressions:

This is the Mass Effect 2 of Final Fantasy. It's linear, yes, but you never feel lost. You also don't spend time searching for hidden treasures and all that nonsense. The lip synching is well done but could be better in some areas, although I was being anal-retentive and looking for mistakes on purpose. The battle system is awesome; it feels much more like an action game than a turn-based RPG.

Oh, and Lightning is hot.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ watched my buddy play this for a couple hours this weekend. We were both a little iffy about how supposedly linear the game is, but it didn't even end up being an issue. the battle system is great, the customization is cool, and the cut scenes are implemented really seamlessly

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody getting God of War 3? I know, I know, it's a button masher, but it looks epic.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
Played several hours of FF13. First impressions:

This is the Mass Effect 2 of Final Fantasy. It's linear, yes, but you never feel lost. You also don't spend time searching for hidden treasures and all that nonsense. The lip synching is well done but could be better in some areas, although I was being anal-retentive and looking for mistakes on purpose. The battle system is awesome; it feels much more like an action game than a turn-based RPG.

Oh, and Lightning is hot.

Originally Posted by dibadiba
^ watched my buddy play this for a couple hours this weekend. We were both a little iffy about how supposedly linear the game is, but it didn't even end up being an issue. the battle system is great, the customization is cool, and the cut scenes are implemented really seamlessly

Damn it, you guys are going to force me to go buy a PS3 this month... I am trying to finish paying **** off, and I'm already thinking about if I can get away with not paying the IRS back for another few weeks. I hate you all.
smile.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I don't know why people were so afraid of the linear thing. Final Fantasy X was the same way pretty much till the end when you can choose to waste countless hours getting the "ultimate weapons" that are annoyingly time consuming and difficult (and random). I guess for "completionists" it's important but get tired of that stuff.

I like exploration and freedom but i miss how older JRPGs you could discover sidequests and secret stuff on your own by talking to townspeople or something like that. With a lot of the newer ones unless you check online walkthroughs or messageboards it's impossible to find certain things or accomplish certain sidemissions. I wish we could just do away with all that crap or at least save it all to the end of the game like before the last boss where the completionist people can waste 30 hours fighting an enemy for a 1/2000 drop chance item. I just don't like not being able to find or do certain things because i didn't "tap 3 times ont he off colored brick no one mentioned in the first dungeon of the game" or something like that.

/rant

Definitely looking forward to FF13 though. I think i have an old giftcard from reselling old games to gamestop, eb or one of those places. Gotta find it though. I've always liked JRPGs more than the modern/US ones or ones that resemble mmos. This and Dragon Quest IX will be good times for me this year

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads