• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
RRL people tend to have a bit of the pretentious snob in them. What's that dude doing wearin a white t-shirt under that? Ugh.

seany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
RRL people tend to have a bit of the pretentious snob in them. What's that dude doing wearin a white t-shirt under that? Ugh.

He doesn't look too bad, very relaxed spring look. Raw denim, chucks w. no socks, red chambray and white t.shirt is pretty basic stuff just a lil bit modernized.

You know what I think it is, people hate the fact that J.Crew does a lot of what other higher brands do, but for a cheaper and more popularized audience. They do it well also, and they add their own touches. Hidden collar tab buttons ? check Mixing linen with chambray ? check Making the chambray a lil more fitting ? check

Chris Nosnah

Reaction score
if i soaked my chambray in hot water then dried do you guys think there will be some noticeable shrinkage?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Did I mention that I like my new red chambray shirt?

PM me your address. I got a nice pair of used sneakers to mail you.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey I think this was asked once, but do the vintage slim cords run any shorter then the straights? Thinking of getting a pair on sale, but need to know if they will fit me. The straight 34L where just barely long enough and if the slims run shorter I can't get them.

Guus

Reaction score
Looks like the white Lightweight chino cargo short is getting no love or they have a ton in stock. Every other color is sold out.

YoPete525

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Utility Jacket alternatives? I'm thinking about picking it up in Shadow, but I'm on a super-budget. I'll probably pick it up anyway, because there isn't a thing about it I don't like, and it's relatively inexpensive at the moment.

(Looking for a slim-fitting, utility-type jacket of medium weight.)

Adam_Lee

Reaction score
deveandepot1;3033647 said:
The camper watch is still much bigger than what they wore in Nam and WW2.[/QUOTE

I've seen some that looked like this; they were pretty decently sized.

DickWinterswatch.jpg

img_8884.jpg

cure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Nosnah
if i soaked my chambray in hot water then dried do you guys think there will be some noticeable shrinkage?

I hot soaked for 20 mins and chucked it in the dryer on hot/high for about 40 mins then hung dry. not much of a diff

matsuya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoPete525
Does anyone know of any Utility Jacket alternatives? I'm thinking about picking it up in Shadow, but I'm on a super-budget. I'll probably pick it up anyway, because there isn't a thing about it I don't like, and it's relatively inexpensive at the moment.

(Looking for a slim-fitting, utility-type jacket of medium weight.)

Don't forget EXTRA30 til 3/12.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
Lucky Brand has a red chambray for $70:

http://www.luckybrand.com/Military-S...efault,pd.html

Anyone know how it compares to the J. Crew version? (which is now not even listing small, damnit! should have gotten it when it was)

i tried the lucky brand one on...

and u def need to size down like 2 on that....i tried on a small and i wear a small in most shirts..and it was huge..they didnt have any smallers sizes on hand to test out

i havent tried on the jcrew one yet

jayce030

Reaction score
can anyone offer any advice on the their "urban slim" fit chino's? how do they compare to their classic fit?

BossTweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jayce030
can anyone offer any advice on the their "urban slim" fit chino's? how do they compare to their classic fit?

+1. Specifically, I was hoping someone who owns them could give an estimate on the front rise. Cue Robert posting 4 times about why J. Crew > RRL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads