• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey-where has TC been of late? On another suit-free tropical getaway?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
HF, I confess I liked the Pucci tie. The loudness suits you.

It was a bit in-yer-face, yes.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Peace my forumites.

_-10.jpg

laugh.gif

Looking great, too.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

Another great colour/pattern combo.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
L'Ã
00a9.png
tendard sanglant est levÃ
00a9.png
Tuesday:

I was always on Tyranny's side, esp. when it comes from Sulka...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by gazman70k
For those on the forum who over anal-lyse PG, here's something to knock your socks off....

No use of protractor & compass?

Other stuff I've liked:

Originally Posted by IST66
1-7.jpg

Originally Posted by Tibor
nickonabus.jpg

Originally Posted by gazman70k
standard.jpg

Feeling frivolous:

mar09004.jpg
mar09002.jpg

mar09001.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Ahhh yes. I know the one you mean. I almost went for that, but stuck with the straight fresco in a similar shade of blue. Glad you're enjoying it.

One thing that I'll say abou the Crispaire with mohair is that it sheds wrinkles like they're nothing...so, it might be particularly good for the warm weather road warrior who doesn't want to torture his suits in hotel laundries.

But, if you must have a luxurious handle, forget it. It puts the "sanitation" in "sanitation worker."

Originally Posted by JayJay
This is a terrific tie. Everything looks great.

Originally Posted by Neo1824
Very nice. I like this a lot.

Thank you.

- B

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing that I'll say abou the Crispaire with mohair is that it sheds wrinkles like they're nothing...so, it might be particularly good for the warm weather road warrior who doesn't want to torture his suits in hotel laundries.

But, if you must have a luxurious handle, forget it. It puts the "sanitation" in "sanitation worker."

- B

Nice. I don't buy suits that don't handle wrinkles well. The more sanitation looking the better!

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing that I'll say about the Crispaire with mohair is that it sheds wrinkles like they're nothing...so, it might be particularly good for the warm weather road warrior who doesn't want to torture his suits in hotel laundries. But, if you must have a luxurious handle, forget it. It puts the "sanitation" in "sanitation worker." , Thank you. - B
It has that Mohair lustre as well. I have a crispaire mohair, a grey one ***505 IIRC. It's a 2 ply mohair, a nice cloth which tailors very well and lends itself to a sharp, 'modish' look. I've always though of it as dressy cloth, not a summer cloth. Better on the younger man IMO though.
wink.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I was always on Tyranny's side,

Quand nos aÃ
00ae.png
00a9.png
s n'y seront plus,
Nous y trouverons leur poussière
Et la trace de leurs vertus

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
It has that Mohair lustre as well. I have a crispaire mohair, a grey one ***505 IIRC. It's a 2 ply mohair, a nice cloth which tailors very and lends ends itself to a sharp, 'modish' look. I've always though of it as dressy cloth, not a summer cloth. Better on the younger man IMO though.

Hmmm....on reflection, agreed. It is not as summery as a more loosely woven plain fresco, and I can see your point about its dressiness, in the flavor of a dinner suit fabric.

But Dormeuil Tonik for the mod win, though.

- B

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L'Ã
00a9.png
tendard sanglant est levÃ
00a9.png
Tuesday:

[click photo for larger photo if you wish]

MBTâ„¢ (Mystery Bespoke Tailorâ„¢) 3 hard roll 2 suit in Holland & Sherry Crispaire
Borrelli shirt, double cuffs
Sulka knit tie
Tiffany sterling and 18K links
Hober Macclesfield square
DorÃ
00a9.png
-DorÃ
00a9.png
socks
Vass Paris in Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last
Tiffany Etoile band in platinum
A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia (gen I) in white 18k, midnight blue face and band

Closeup:

806254806_zEXzW-L.jpg

- B

Nice,Vox.
Slightly short suit jacket and open quarters flatter you. How many inches are your lapels?Are you rocking 4"?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paper WorK Day At Work

010-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Shirt=PL
Belt=Tommy Bahama
Pants=APC NS
Shoes=RL
Watch=Accutron Chrono

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but Dormeuil Tonik for the mod win, though. - B
The original Tonik was a 3 ply. I have 4 suits made from that stuff, I used to get it from the mill shop of the mill that used to weave it. £40 for a suit length back in the early nineties, god knows what it was retail. My little Italian tailor at the time used to love tailoring it. The stuff they sell now I beleive is called Tonik 2000. doesn't fell like the old beast though. The only 3 ply I know of now is the Titan mohair from Scabal. You do get occasional bolts showing up at places like Bateman and Ogdens but not very often these days. My little Italian tailor always wanted me to get a suit made out of cloth from the old Reid & Taylor book, 18oz, Jesus! He said it tailored beautifully though, but the patterns were a bit fuddy-duddy as I recall. I believe the quality of Reid & Taylor is not what it once was.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Nice,Vox.
Slightly short suit jacket and open quarters flatter you. How many inches are your lapels?Are you rocking 4"?

Thanks. Yes, the lapels are 4".

The jacket lengths on the MBT™ and Steed are essentially the same...we're talking quarter inch or half inch difference depending on sample at most.

806492937_Er26U-O.jpg
806492942_uCERT-O.jpg

If I had to guess, the general impression that there's a big difference probably comes from the optical illusion that the more curved front makes for shorter jacket on the MBT™. Also, there tends to be a lot more shape to the jackets on the Steeds, with a curvier flow to the sleeves...this might make the waist look higher, and the jacket a bit longer. But, that is just conjecture.

People often think of Rubinacci jackets as short, and perhaps they are, but here's Poo and me in DBs, his from Ruby, mine from Steed (we are the same height):

784045107_rHfiu-XL.jpg
784049402_owHiR-XL.jpg

If there is a difference in jacket length, it is not a large difference. I'm long legged and shorter torsoed; Mattypoo seems to be the reverse, judging from his other pics; but, our tailors have basically divided us at the same point.

I hope that the digression was food for thought.

- B

Vitaly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
DSC_1157.jpg

DSC_1147.jpg

Fine and graceful look!!! Very harmonious combination of colours!
Today In the mood orange)
"-Стильный оранжевый галстук мне верным спутником стал")

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, the lapels are 4".

The jacket lengths on the MBTâ„¢ and Steed are essentially the same...we're talking quarter inch or half inch difference depending on sample at most.

806492937_Er26U-O.jpg
806492942_uCERT-O.jpg

- B

I definitely think that Steeds are better shaped and fit you better. MBT creates a better visual is all,I think slightly open quarters on MBT stray away from the more traditional English look and are more pleasant to the eye.
I liked the last windowpane bespoke suit from Steed,it had more open quarters but you said you sent it back so I have no idea how it is going to look afterwards.
I,however, retract my words that shorter suit jacket looks better on you,I think longer Steeds are better. MBT tends to make you look like a teenager with low rise pants and short jacket even though you are far away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads