• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's College Baseball Season Boys

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Any other fans? Anyone? Anyone?

Yes, I know the aluminum bats go "ping", but if you live in a college town, there are few finer ways to spend a nice spring day than at the ballpark. And FSU will probably take the top spot this week. I know we'll flame out before we even get to the CWS, as we always do, but it'll be a fun road there.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy enough, I love MLB and hate college baseball. I hate the NBA but love college basketball.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan

Yes, I know the aluminum bats go "ping", but if you live in a college town, there are few finer ways to spend a nice spring day than at the ballpark. And FSU will probably take the top spot this week. I know we'll flame out before we even get to the CWS, as we always do, but it'll be a fun road there.

I'm a fran. Tech has a real nice stadium and is close to where I live. GSU (IIRC) may have a decent team this year too.

but if you live in a college town, there are few finer ways to spend a nice spring day than at the ballpark. And FSU will probably take the top spot this week. I know we'll flame out before we even get to the CWS, as we always do, but it'll be a fun road there.

There is so much wisdom and experience in this quote it is amazing.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
FWIW: LSU is tops in Baseball News and USA Today's rankings, UVA number one in Baseball America and FSU is either #2-3.

Wow, I guess a perfect record, including an absolute ass-hammering of Georgia this past weekend, isn't enough to improve our ranking.

Ga Tech always has a nice team it seems, good pitching. Didn't Nomar go there?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, I guess a perfect record, including an absolute ass-hammering of Georgia this past weekend, isn't enough to improve our ranking.

Yes.

What I love about college baseball is a team can be 9-4 yet ranked ahead of undefeated teams in the same conference. The rankings are such utter **** in baseball, more than in other sports.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a fan. I don't follow it as closely as other sports, but it's always a good way to spend an afternoon.

Great post.

Nominee for worst post ever.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This threak shows that all the Southern white guys on here are effing awesome.

FTFY

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Nominee for worst post ever.

Sorry, Mr.G, but Jacksonville University gave us a better game than ya'll.

This threak shows that all the Southern white guys on here are exactly alike.

No, not really. MrG and I are actually likeable.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
It's hard to get excited about summer sports being snowed out in the upper half of the country.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
It's hard to get excited about summer sports being snowed out in the upper half of the country.

You chose to live there. You're only hope is global warming. If I were you I'd be driving a hummer around.

laughwithm3

Reaction score
no

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, Mr.G, but Jacksonville University gave us a better game than ya'll.

Yeah, it was ugly. I don't get UGA baseball sometimes. It's like they're incapable of keeping up their intensity. They don't even play to their competition; they just take games, sometimes an entire series, off.

No, not really. MrG and I are actually likeable.
Haha. Burn.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads