• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that an oxford's sleeves can be rolled in the proper context. But a Brooks Brothers lavender slim fit oxford looks "proper" and rolling the sleeves ruins it. Sambas are pretty ugly imo, if you were wearing them with slim jeans and a t-shirt I'd say no harm no foul, but with chinos it's just no no no.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Yo Dawg

I heard you like sneakers, so we put some sneakers in your BR steeze fit so that when your flossin the BR, you can wear sneakers all the time, even though they look out of place, and well, kinda wack.

Sup jet

Sambas are like ***** repellant, guaranteed to make you go home empty handed night after night.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
kixself your pants fit horribly
I find these refreshing compared to the usual hip hugging denim fits.
Originally Posted by Kent Money
Brace yourself.
Most appropriate comment you've contributed in a while. Now these are "just clothes" and awful at that. Insipid!
Originally Posted by Eason
WTF is this
I don't mind the simplicity of the jeans and tee, they fit well but the cuffing is "wank"
Originally Posted by jet
Sambas are like ***** repellant, guaranteed to make you go home empty handed night after night.
Many an English geezer would disagree!

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the new haircut, similar to what I had some 6 weeks ago - reminds me, I need a trim.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TIME TO SHUT IT DOWN WITH THAT SWAGGER

IMG_1469.jpg

SUP
EG usn
gitman denim shirt
our legacy tee
steven allan bag
KMW rockers with dat hem
newish jacks

ahahaha

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
IMG_2290.jpg

this looks terrible. but what's new. your jacket is salvable. your taste in fashion, however, may not be.
Originally Posted by Joshmotron
Bizcaz-monday-thru-friday I'm lazy and am trying to find stuff decent enough for work and flexible enough to wear at not-work.
qqbo0z.jpg
BB Extra Slim Gap - not sure what's up with the flare on my left leg. Sambas since I have no good shoes.

why do you keep posting pics with those sambas if you know they look terrible with your outfits? the pants are save-able if you take them to a tailor and have them tapered. you could even leave them a tad longer so you can roll them and wear them with summer shoes (assuming they are narrow enough after the tapering). keep your shoes for indoor soccer. unroll your sleeves like everyone else said if you are going to wear your shirt tucked in. maybe sell your couch and buy some aldens or something. i feel like those might actually make the outfit look good if you do the other suggestions. finally, buy a dark colored (like grey), fitted trench coat and you should be good. you + tapered pants + alden steez ---v you + tapered pants + alden + prorsum steez --------------------------------v
qqbo0z.jpg
trench.jpg
Originally Posted by cbusguy
new shoes
915.jpg
t-shirt kmw 1950 yuketen

shirt and jeans look good. the jeans are actually really cool. the color and fading seem perfect. I really dislike the pant roll and those shoes (at least with those pants). i think those jeans would look much better hemmed with some stacking (if it's possible, dont know how stiff they are). otherwise just do a double roll. the shoes seem like they are not versatile at all. kind of native-americanish but they are blue with a white sole which leaves them in this sort of WTF-am-I limbo state. trying to visualize them with khakis, or shorts, or satin blue pants, or white jeans, or white pants.....nothing seems to work. white jeans maybe. if they are expensive enough
mwa6f9.jpg
aeglus for some reason i really like this picture. i think its the angle and the fact that you are doing a catwalk style walk catwalk for the ******* win

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't have an imagehosting service account...
kostym blazer
dockers (
frown.gif
) sweater
hilfiger (
frown.gif
) belt
PRPS ramblers
docs
detail pic shows seiko SNK805, plus two scraped white spots on my jeans that I haven't figured out how to deal with yet

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blazer's too short in the body and the docs are way too chunky for that fit

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
TIME TO SHUT IT DOWN WITH THAT SWAGGER
IMG_1469.jpg
SUP EG usn gitman denim shirt our legacy tee steven allan bag KMW rockers with dat hem newish jacks ahahaha

sorry to hate but this looks boring as hell. same old. you need decent shoes. and when i say nice i don't mean CdG Play.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
same old stuff, new haircut click for no shoes indoors asia concept
there you go, that haircut = magical cred
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Love the new haircut, similar to what I had some 6 weeks ago - reminds me, I need a trim.
... and cred gone
frown.gif
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I find these refreshing compared to the usual hip hugging denim fits. Most appropriate comment you've contributed in a while. Now these are "just clothes" and awful at that. Insipid! I don't mind the simplicity of the jeans and tee, they fit well but the cuffing is "wank" Many an English geezer would disagree!
the normal laws for most humans don't seem to apply to chavs and footballers

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Blazer's too short in the body and the docs are way too chunky for that fit
point taken, although I think the blazer is meant to sit that way if you look at where the arms end relative to the hem. I like the chunkyness of the docs in contrast with the slimness of the blazer. Any opinions on the jeans, esp. what to do about that unwanted fading at the knee? Pix are obviously not idea, taken via photobooth

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
keep your shoes for indoor soccer.

i always thought that's what people wore sambas for...but anyway for what it's worth they are terrible indoor shoes, copas are much better for that if he wanted adidas (kangaroo leather, more support, toe cap etc)

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i always thought that's what people wore sambas for...but anyway for what it's worth they are terrible indoor shoes, copas are much better for that if he wanted adidas (kangaroo leather, more support, toe cap etc)

i liked suede uppers for indoor more. you can do much fancier things since the ball isn't so prone to sliding around/off your foot as it is with leather uppers.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
sorry to hate but this looks boring as hell. same old. you need decent shoes. and when i say nice i don't mean CdG Play.

thats fine man, you don't have to wear it. and i have other shoes, i have cp's and margiela sneakers, my shoe game is on hold for a little bit longer until next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads