• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nope! make sure it fits well and dont look too stuffy, you'll be fine

MrNick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
nope! make sure it fits well and dont look too stuffy, you'll be fine

I need to have it taken in, thank you!

GloryField

Reaction score
Can anyone take a look at the style and fit of this combo of chukkas/jeans and give me recommendation on whether to keep, exchange for different size/color, or return the shoes and/or jeans?

http://img717.imageshack.us/g/levis51433342.jpg/

The shoes are Aldo chukkas, and the jeans are a pair of levi's 514 slim straight, size 33-34, in a very dark indigo color. It might be raw/dry, I'm not sure, there was a tag that said to not wash if I want the color to remain "dark and clean" and that the dye used may transfer.

BossTweed

Reaction score
^^^ wtf is up with your jeans?? The waist seems to extend about an inch out to the left, a good indication that they're a couple sizes too large. Chukkas look decent, but you need to fix the jean waist first.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted this in the APC thread but didn't get a response....

I thrifted these New Standards and I believe they have been soaked once. They are size 30. Based on pics, do these look like they're the correct size for me? They are pretty much painted on in the seat, and they are pulling apart just a bit at the buttons up front. Too small, or will they stretch to a decent fitting?

mrbojangles928

Reaction score
I've been looking real hard for a raw or one-wash denim jacket that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I came across some of the old Marc JacobsxWrangler jackets on ebay and I am thinking that might be the way to go. Just wondering if anyone has one and could comment on the quality and sizing (the ebay seller does not accept returns). If anyone has any other recommendations for a denim jacket thats not super expensive, I'm all ears.
Thanks!

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp

I thrifted these New Standards and I believe they have been soaked once. They are size 30. Based on pics, do these look like they're the correct size for me? They are pretty much painted on in the seat, and they are pulling apart just a bit at the buttons up front. Too small, or will they stretch to a decent fitting?

Did you try posting in the "I have a jeans..." thread?

click here

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp

Have no experience with APC's but I can tell those jeans are definitely too small for you

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by click here
Have no experience with APC's but I can tell those jeans are definitely too small for you

Thanks, but how can you tell if you have no experience with APC's? (esp. given that APC's are supposed to stretch more than virtually any denim around)?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Did you try posting in the "I have a jeans..." thread?

Good suggestion - I'd forgotten about that thread.

telemark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by telemark
Where might I find a similar, summer weight, cap to the one below. Actually, where can I find the one below itself if at all possible.

SASC23.jpg

A little bump on this if you will.... (sorry otter, leather ain't my bag)

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What can I wear with a deep v-neck? I ordered a shirt from ASOS and didn't know it'd be so deep..think this looks stupid?

I don't think it worked well with a full sleve white shirt either

img00275201003092359.th.jpg
[/url]

promise7

Reaction score
I know Dr. Marten's are known for their yellow stitching, but I was wondering does anywhere sell a all black version? Black stitching, black rubber sole, and black pull tab.

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
What can I wear with a deep v-neck? I ordered a shirt from ASOS and didn't know it'd be so deep..think this looks stupid?

I don't think it worked well with a full sleve white shirt either

img00275201003092359.th.jpg
[/url]

I actually ordered a similar shirt from ASOS and sent it back immediately.

Stitch77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by promise7
I know Dr. Marten's are known for their yellow stitching, but I was wondering does anywhere sell a all black version? Black stitching, black rubber sole, and black pull tab.

They did a monochrome series a while ago. I've seen them mentioned on a few sites, but no idea if they're still available to buy. This link's a year and a half old:

http://www.selectism.com/news/2008/0...tion/#more-374

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics