• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1.
Anything more than 50% of retail is insane.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
What cracks me up are all of the people trying to sell RRL at retail on Ebay. I want a pair of those natural selvage straight leg jeans.
Makes no sense to me too. I am thinking about trying for a pair of the cream / bone slim straight as well. I might get a chambray as well at some point.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree on that.

What cracks me up are all of the people trying to sell RRL at retail on Ebay.

I want a pair of those natural selvage straight leg jeans.

Those Raws are hard to come by nowadays..

wiru

Reaction score
A lot of the full price stuff seems to move eventually, so I don't see what motivation the sellers would have to give 50% off. Especially when they're selling items from the current season.

Unless you're just talking about denim. In which case, yeah, it's flooded.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
where can i get a pair of full rise straights? I never see them

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
What cracks me up are all of the people trying to sell RRL at retail on Ebay.

I want a pair of those natural selvage straight leg jeans.

The best is those same people just buy older seasons RRL stuff at liquidation prices and try to sell at anywhere from 50% off to retail when they bought it for 1/4 of retail at liquidation from RRL at end of season or B stock goods and try to pass it off as legit items.

I have messaged a few people on Ebay asking to buy a pair of raw 34's they had up for 160 to do 90 and they scoffed at me when knowing full well they bought those things for 40-50 bucks.

To heck with them....I watch them post and repost and rerepost the same things over and over thinking someone will pay their huge mark ups. Ill wait it out till they finally give in.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of black officer chinos from mauro but they are too big. Would doing a hot soak shrink them up atleast an inch? I am probably gonna have to resell these so pm me if you are interested.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Not likely. They're aren't "raw" fabric. They might shrink some, but probably not an inch, and they'll likely stretch some over time as well. I went down two sizes on the ltd. edition chino. The chinos are almost as bad as APC for sizing!

What size are they, BTW?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol i joined then realized that no one else has -___-

machochino

Reaction score
That sizing sounds really off. I thought officer chinos were true to size? I'm on the verge of picking up a pair myself.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience the chinos are 2" larger than tagged.
I am a size 30 in RRL chinos which measure out to 32".

Hope this helps...

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nope, they're vanity sized about 2-3".

EDIT: Beaten.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads