• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Oscars Threak

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, if you're nominated as a pair/group, don't you think you'd discuss what you might say before you get up there? Like

"Hey Harry, if we win--and I don't want to jinx it but I also don't want to look like an ass on national TV--if we win, I'll go first and thank the academy, studio, director, and my wife. Should take about 10 seconds. Then you get like 10 seconds to thank whoever you want, just try to get the producer in there. That work for you?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

Instead you get one dude prattling on too long about his parents or whatever then before the last of his spittle even hits the mic they're playing them off and the second dude never gets a chance to speak. I appreciated that TBone Burnett just said thanks while his counterpart spewed some crap about love and rainbows. So folksy!

brlfvr

Reaction score
I thought Baldwin/Maritn were really good. Much better than other hosts in the past, especially Jackman from last year. How about Samuel Jackson's reaction to Monique's speach? I felt the same way.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Totally forgot they were on ... haven't watched in 20 years. Still don't know who/what won.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Sarah Jessica Parker looks great.
Always looks like a dead horse.
Originally Posted by JayJay
Tom Ford's tux is nice.
I disagree, Tom Ford looked like an amateur designer from "Project Runway" in that super-tight jacket with super-slim sleeves with padded shoulders and looooong pinched waist. Ridiculous! He looked like he was wearing the worst sample of Z-Zegna.
Originally Posted by whacked
9:42 pm by Brian R. Fitzgerald I've always found the "Remembrances" portion of the telecast moving but a bit distasteful. Some people get applause, some don't, some more than others. It's like some kind of macabre popularity contest. [/I]
Why did they skip Farrah Fawcett? Charley's Angel actress died in 2009, WTF?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
Why did they skip Farrah Fawcett? Charley's Angel actress died in 2009, WTF?
They skipped Bea Arthur too.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fawcett and Arthur were television stars, not movie stars.

Kind of odd that Michael Jackson was included.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Fawcett and Arthur were television stars, not movie stars. Kind of odd that Michael Jackson was included.
Farah's been in a number of movies. They just...kind of forgot her. I don't get how people criticize "Hurt Locker" for portraying bomb techs as "crazies." The entire introduction to the movie (with Guy Pearce) showed a methodical, procedural unit. Things only get crazy when Rennick's "crazy new guy" shows up.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kate Winslet, will you marry me?
inlove.gif

(yeah, yeah, yeah, married with two kids)

-Jeff

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Fawcett and Arthur were television stars, not movie stars. Kind of odd that Michael Jackson was included.
He was no movie star either. Both Bea and Farrah were in several films FWIW.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
He was no movie star either. Both Bea and Farrah were in several films FWIW.

CAPTAIN E.O., SON. and moonwalker!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
it was a great show last night. loved steve martin and alec. old school but fresh. no smarmy 'hot and current' host giving his or her stupid take on things.

so happy for Sandra Bullock. she deserved it.

i still dont like the ones who win and come up with some affected dramatic speech like that one black guy who won that one for documentary ? iforgot. the one where steve martin said afterwards that he wrote that for him. what an affected speech. i was like, blech.

and that one woman who won a second academy award, she went up there and dismissed it like it was nothing. no class. at least still have some humility in accepting it , as dismissing it like it was nothing just won't bode well for those who never won one.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
Kate Winslet, will you marry me?
inlove.gif

(yeah, yeah, yeah, married with two kids)

-Jeff

She looked fantastic.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This was during the first 1/2 of the show, but do you guys remember the woman who interrupted the guy talking and went rambling about something, then made reference to some old African woman sitting up in the balcony?

If you do, what the **** was that all about?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I was confused by that aswell. I didnt understand what the hell she was talking about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads