• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

mystillwater

Reaction score
i'm really interested in the Nailhead Utility Shirt. i'm just not ready to drop $98 on one.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mystillwater
i'm really interested in the Nailhead Utility Shirt. i'm just not ready to drop $98 on one.

That's how I have been feeling about the red chambray. I want it, but $98 is a lot of cash to drop on a shirt.

glimmertwins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mystillwater
I said it earlier, but this is one of the few pieces I would dare say is actually worth the price compared to the cost of similar items you might see sold at a place like Self Edge. Nice thick fabric, triple stitched seams, a nice pattern to the weave.... I mean it's debatable if any shirt is worth $98, but if you go by what other brands charge for workwear with those types of features, I think the $98 is fair....of course you could always wait it out until they offer some sort of discount. ....but I do think the red chambray is probably not worth $98. I have the vintage chambray(bought off ebay) and it's one of the most comfy shirts I own and I LOVE it, but I still don't think it's worth $98.

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
That's how I have been feeling about the red chambray. I want it, but $98 is a lot of cash to drop on a shirt.

Still cheaper than 99% of the other decent chambrays out there. It's amazingly soft after giving it a wash after getting it home.

Might not be worth the $98 but it'll be a great summer shirt.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eczerwonka
Still cheaper than 99% of the other decent chambrays out there. It's amazingly soft after giving it a wash after getting it home. Might not be worth the $98 but it'll be a great summer shirt.
Well I will prob still buy it, worth the money or not.
lol8[1].gif

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Well I will prob still buy it, worth the money or not.
lol8[1].gif

Yeah, this isn't a logical buy at all. I now have a closet half full of various workshirts... 4 of them Jcrew. It's not healthy, but you like what you like.
crazy.gif

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of folks said this about the blue chambray as well and I dont think that bad boy ever went on sale. Still stuck on $98 after at least a year.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
A lot of folks said this about the blue chambray as well and I dont think that bad boy ever went on sale. Still stuck on $98 after at least a year.

I snagged the BR blue chambray. I know a lot of you are haters of the brand, but it's nicely made, a good fit and was almost half the price with the coupon code I used.

If BR made a red one I would get it too, but it looks like JCrew is going to be my best option here.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I snagged the BR blue chambray. I know a lot of you are haters of the brand, but it's nicely made, a good fit and was almost half the price with the coupon code I used.

If BR made a red one I would get it too, but it looks like JCrew is going to be my best option here.

I'm with you, I bought the BR blue chambray for $34 after coupons. So, I guess I can justify $98 for the JCrew one. I'd rather pay full price for that (which probably won't go on sale) than full price for a secret wash shirt that will probably go on sale.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
I'm with you, I bought the BR blue chambray for $34 after coupons. So, I guess I can justify $98 for the JCrew one. I'd rather pay full price for that (which probably won't go on sale) than full price for a secret wash shirt that will probably go on sale.

There is usually a 20% off everything (except collabs) sale. So you can get that, at least. I doubt it will ever make it to the sale section and then further discounts, too.

And I have the BR chambray, too. It is growing on me. Really nice piece.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
How do you like the fit and quality of the BR ver? I'm just curious for someone else's opinion. EDIT: Wow, you only paid $34? Great job. Mine was discounted, but not to that point.
smile.gif

eczerwonka

Reaction score

Maybe they'll make a red outlet chambray, use non-selvage and knock the price in half like they did with the blue one?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like the fit and quality of the BR ver? I'm just curious for someone else's opinion. EDIT: Wow, you only paid $34? Great job. Mine was discounted, but not to that point.
smile.gif

I think the fit is nice. Better than the J Crew one. I also like that it has flap pockets, to make it a little different from the others. The only thing I might change is the buttons; it would have been nice to have something like MOP instead of plastic white. ... and it's not selvedge... Mine was not $34, either.

synovoid

Reaction score
I have the blue chambray, and I really like it. went to the store during the weekend, and my gf said she likes the red chambray, damn it's another $98.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For anyone who has tried on or owns the Red Chambray how do the arms run? I'm hoping a little on the long side...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics