• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sander! Should I have lied and called them another brand? :^) Totally agree on Seven being overhyped. I was in the mood for darker jeans and these are the darkest I have right now by a slight shade. Need a pair of raw denim at some point. For whatever reasons, jeans are one of the most difficult RTW items for me to find that work.

PS - you should post more in this thread! You always have great looks.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
A bit of a cross-post from my HK tailor thread, but here goes...

jacket - W.W. Chan in Breanish shetland
shirt - Peter Lee
jeans - Seven
belt - Trafalgar vintage
square - random white linen
socks - Marcoliani from Howard Yount
shoes - Edward Green Newmarket Chelsea boots in dark brown suede

Chan_PL_3-7-10001-1.jpg

Looking great Slewwie. The Chan is rocking. Well done!

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Looks good. I'm hoping it will warm up enough here to dig out the white trousers eventually...

Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Great watch, shoes, fillet of sole...Deets on pants?

The pants are by WW Chan. Fabric is Holland & Sherry cotton. HK got a little cold and wet over the weekend but these held up fine.

Originally Posted by earthdragon
'The Pawn'? How was it? Had one great meal (Dover Sole) and one totally underwhelming there last year.

Not too bad. The Fish & Chips were very good as was the strip loin. Servings were massive. Want to try the Sunday Roast next. Will be posting something on the Sydney Tarts Blog shortly.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike540
+1 I like the scarf Alan, what are the details?

It looks to my eye like Howard Yount. I have what appears to be an identical one made in orange.

Thanks. The scarf is actually a no-name Made in Italy wool scarf I picked up this past week on clearance at a local high end shop. It wasn't even store branded. It originally sold for $55, I think. I fell in love with it when I saw it. It does resemble this one, though, doesn't it?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

looking good D! this cloth looks great congrats

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
jeans - Seven

There are a lot of fantastic Japanese denim that would work perfectly on you. In fact, pretty much all of it except maybe some of the full-cut Sugarcanes.

In reality, you only need one or two, so the outlay is not that much. In fact, you might just require one great pair.

- B

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sander! Should I have lied and called them another brand? :^) Totally agree on Seven being overhyped. I was in the mood for darker jeans and these are the darkest I have right now by a slight shade. Need a pair of raw denim at some point. For whatever reasons, jeans are one of the most difficult RTW items for me to find that work.

PS - you should post more in this thread! You always have great looks.

Why, thanks - are you sure you're not mistaken me for someone else? I think I posted only two outfits so far.

mike540

Reaction score
It looks to my eye like Howard Yount. I have what appears to be an identical one made in orange.

Originally Posted by AlanC
Thanks. The scarf is actually a no-name Made in Italy wool scarf I picked up this past week on clearance at a local high end shop. It wasn't even store branded. It originally sold for $55, I think. I fell in love with it when I saw it. It does resemble this one, though, doesn't it?

Thanks guys. It's on sale too!

Montesquieu

Reaction score
20100306tuxq.jpg

Dinner jacket, trousers, vest, and tie: Attolini, midnight blue
Shirt: Finamore
Shoes: C+J

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
RL
Nice plaid with a great fit - tie and shirt work perfectly.
Originally Posted by Vitaly
ManofKent, very well! The jacket is perfectly combined with all both on colour and on materials!
Thanks.
Francisco;3026643Your photo always reminds me of movies like " Silent Hill" and "I am Legend" by Will Smith . Nobody is in the town but just you.. So U have to hide in the night as the zombies will be out is it? No wonder didn't get to see your night photo... [IMG said:
Some of the residents are much scarier than zombies
smile.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Camera went caput couple weeks ago ... but managed to get a pic with a friend's cam after church today:
I wondered why you hadn't been posting fits for a while. Looking good.

Originally Posted by jordanp56
Hi there, well, this is my first post on this forum, so HI
smile.gif

I am 15 years old, with a MASSIVE interest in 1960's fashion, and this weekend I had some suede Chelsea Boots with Cuban Heels delivered to my door, So I whipped on a Collarless Beatles style jacket and some Primark (cheap budget clothes shop for all you non brits) girls black and white doogtooth jeans and some (fake) rayban wayfarers and away I went
smile.gif

I can see what you're going for, and it's not a bad attempt, although I think the jacket needs to be a little closer fitting. Look out Hardy Amies ABC of Men's Fashion on Amazon - reprints are quite cheap, it's written in around 1964 and has a few good photos.

jacket - W.W. Chan in Breanish shetland
shirt - Peter Lee
jeans - Seven
belt - Trafalgar vintage
square - random white linen
socks - Marcoliani from Howard Yount
shoes - Edward Green Newmarket Chelsea boots in dark brown suede

More love for the jacket - good fit and gorgeous fabric. I won't pile on over the jeans
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AlanC

Thanks - it's a great find.

Originally Posted by Sander
Why, thanks - are you sure you're not mistaken me for someone else? I think I posted only two outfits so far.
They were well recieved. More would be very welcome.
Originally Posted by Montesquieu

Dinner jacket, trousers, vest, and tie: Attolini, midnight blue
Shirt: Finamore
Shoes: C+J

Superb. I can't imagine me having cause to wear the full rig, but it's great to see it so well done.

Enforcicon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
What a great outfit... if it weren't for the jeans. Seriously, they ruin the outfit. Seven for jeans is like Hugo Boss for suits. Hyped, but bad.

I can't speak for seven jeans at all but, what is wrong with Hugo Boss suits?

Sonny1983

Reaction score
Nice fit. How do you rate the shoes? I have a belt I really like from Fratelli Rossetti and always wonder how the shoes hold up.
The shoes are built like tanks. They seem a tad bigger for me than others, say Bruno Magli's, in the same size. I have three Fratelli Rossetti's. Stores are only in Chicago and NYC in America.

Sonny1983

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Nice fit. How do you rate the shoes? I have a belt I really like from Fratelli Rossetti and always wonder how the shoes hold up.

sorry for the double post. I'm new. Obviously. I posted a reply to this previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads