• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
weren't Paolo's fits pretty bad before? This looks pretty good, proportions are right and the patterns mix without clashing. small spread collar + FIH is my favorite combo

eh theyre whatever. hes like a teenage kitonbrioni

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
weren't Paolo's fits pretty bad before? This looks pretty good, proportions are right and the patterns mix without clashing. small spread collar + FIH is my favorite combo

well he cropped out the terrible jeans that he's likely wearing (top is decent though)

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
well he cropped out the terrible jeans that he's likely wearing (top is decent though)

It was a full suit, don't you worry. I just didn't have time to take it of the whole body

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kelvin, that jacket looks great man. Can't wait to get my hands on mine. still a bit hungover... MofM twisted seam tee IH denim F+B 745 boots FH leather bracelet

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otter
snake, please iron that shirt

the twisting of that tee is ******* up your proportions

its good that you are experimenting, but its giving you the dreaded ''girly hips''

Maybe you should worry about your boobs first?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looks, kelvin and snake. THe hair's a big improvement, kelvin.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
when you misspell my name it makes it harder to find posts about me when i vainly search myself on SF nightly
cool.gif

I think snake looks fine. It's fun to have a variety of stuff to wear. No shame in mixing it up.

Kelvin- That jacket looks real nice on you. I think it still looks good on that and julius doesn't have to be supertight. Otter is definitely right about the tshirt though. The high crewneck collar with the thick collarribbing isn't doing you any favors. Doesn't have to be a deep uneck or anything like that. Just a looser crewneck with a thinner collar. The hair looks better but i think with that updo kinda thing i'd like it better with much shorter sides

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jacket came in last night, trying it out

dsc04280j.jpg

the jacket is a size big on you. the shoulders clearly don't fit, but even so i think the fit looks pretty decent

chronoaug

Reaction score
My hair is always fine when i actually get it cut. The problem is i rarely get it cut. So it looks good for like 2 months, decent/hipster messy for a month then too long for another month before i finally cut it again. It's a fun ride

I dunno. I've seen those ts look good a fair amount. I think part of it is the angle but you're right that being tall and skinny helps or maybe the shirt having a bit more length. I think it still looks fine. Every single thing doesn't have to be an attempt to achieve perfect flattering proportions and whatnot. Not that big a deal. I guess there is probably a balance to achieve. I dunno

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
the jacket is a size big on you. the shoulders clearly don't fit, but even so i think the fit looks pretty decent

The sleeves don't look long though, I think the fits fine on him, it's just not skin tight which tends to be the current trend.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otter
i agree, i do look at fits differently to others, doesnt mean i am right i just think those tees are very hard to pull off, and i can only trust my initial reaction and that was that he was playing dress up there is a difference imo between antift and looking like its ill fitting...and trust me, i have been guilty of that too i also think that ppl with less than ideals proportions can treat their body like a blank canvas, its just a matter of know what works for them, which i guess is where forums like this come in handy
Well, unless you are in great shape (but slim not buff) and have nice proportions like a braidkid, saucemaster, gravitas, etc... it really is huge how big a difference little details in fits make. It's not all about shoulder to shoulder and the pittopit measurements. More subtleties in the fits that can make an average guy look sharp or kinda pudgy. Things harder to put your finger on until you see them/try them on. I definitely notice how powerful small clothing details can make when i'm like 10-15lbs heavier than i am now. At that point i'm still slim enough to look good in clothes, but i have to be a bit more careful. I know you have different goals with the clothes and that's fine. Not really saying one thing is better than the other but just, as 85% of people under the age of 20 say, conversating On a sidenote, kelvin's diors are pretty much perfect. I'm jealous and wish i had a pair now. Good slim but not tight fit, kinda slouchy, subtley faded and a good amount of stacking. My petite standards i like the fit of but aren't quite there. Maybe after more wear and a wash or two

chronoaug

Reaction score
I know it's cliche and i'm biased because i've hung out with him a few times but socal really does look much more normal in that stuff in person and is really cool and non-pretentious about it unlike some other "gothninjas". Actually, i think his balmain x ro looks he has been doing more of lately is actually really really good on him. Really impressed with those dual photos he posted awhile back.

Eason has good proportions but looks more early 2000s "metrosexual" than what most on SF think of in terms of well dressed, sorta stylish but accessible/casual like the braidkid/saucemaster/gravitas stuff (can put future kelvinsense in there as if he was 28 and just naturally filled and had a bit of age in his face he'd definitely be like that). Eason is cool and all and i think he'd agree with what i said. Not really a knock against him despite how sensitive a lot of guys on this forum are about the word "metro" (as i'm sure it's a comment of ignorant friends ragging on them for actually trying on a shirt before buying).

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
The sleeves don't look long though, I think the fits fine on him, it's just not skin tight which tends to be the current trend.

isn't it raglan sleeve anyway so i don't think the shoulder location really works? i like the fit of it alot kelvin, i knew julius leathers would look better with blue jeans, solid.

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads