• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conne's food log

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It is amusing to me to witness all the people trying to "help" Conne. It's like watching people lecturing a dog in a cutesy baby voice.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SField, good points and thanks. I'm already ahead on one thing: I don't use butter and haven't for several years. Olive oil is 10x better.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
occasionally a glass of orange juice in the morning (I don't really drink stuff with sugar in it).
Ounce for ounce, orange juice is more caloric than Coke.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it is?!
ffffuuuu.gif

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is?!
ffffuuuu.gif

don't know about that but most juice are full of sugar...OJ nots too bad but I had somethig the other day I think grape it was like 39! grams of sugar.

But a glass of OJ or apple now and then is not going to kill you

There's nothing wrong with butter, I eat my eggs in butter. 1 TBS of butter is not going to make you fat and certainly OV is not 10Xs "better" (tasting) than butter especially with eggs...Id rather have real butter than margerine any day.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SField, good points and thanks. I'm already ahead on one thing: I don't use butter and haven't for several years. Olive oil is 10x better.

You're clearly not 'ahead', since you missed his general point by focusing on an overt but inconsequential detail. Try making bechamel with olive oil.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
don't know about that but most juice are full of sugar...OJ nots too bad but I had somethig the other day I think grape it was like 39! grams of sugar. But a glass of OJ or apple now and then is not going to kill you There's nothing wrong with butter, I eat my eggs in butter. 1 TBS of butter is not going to make you fat and certainly OV is not 10Xs "better" (tasting) than butter especially with eggs...Id rather have real butter than margerine any day.
I cook my eggs in EVOO, they taste great IMO.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mannaggia la marosca.

kakemono

Reaction score
This is a shot in the dark, but if you have an iPhone (or possible other phones with apps), you should check out the app called LoseIt. It is extremely comprehensive in the range of foods it covers. The best thing is that it lets you add your own foods to the database and the volume of consumption is done very well (say you only ate 2/3 of that BigMac, you can enter that).

I guess that may take away some of the responsibility you feel towards eating better since you created this thread as a sort of self-check mechanism so you get feedback if you don't cooperate.

That said, good luck.

SField is spot on when he says that you will acquire a new taste for food when you eat different.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get people who drink orange juice.. Just eat the ******* orange.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
I don't get people who eat tomato sauce.. Just eat the ******* tomato.

I don't get people who eat chicken soup.. Just eat the ******* chicken.

I don't get people who drink tea.. Just eat the ******* leaves.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those clearly aren't comparable.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Dear Connemara,

Even before I started posting here, I noticed multiple threads and posts where you were saying you wanted to do something. You'd last like a day. Instead of berating you, which would be easy, I'd instead like to encourage you and offer my sincere hope that this truly will be the point that changes your life for the better. I've seen people around me changing their diets and habits with enormous benefits and I also realize that with my genetics I'm a bit luckier than most, although I rarely ********.

The key is to become much more of an epicure. Find food that tastes phenomenal. Fritos, ding dongs and all that **** doesn't even really taste good. The textures are disgusting, the flavor lacks in any sort of depth, it's all extremely artificial tasting. You need to learn about all the different kinds of flavors that food can have, not just fat and salt and sweet. I think that acid is something that helps a lot of people lose weight, because using lots of tomatoes, lemons, vinegar etc... in your cooking is very good for you and gives you a large impact of flavor without taking on a lot of calories.

Don't skimp on fats, just make sure it comes from really good olive oil and things like avocado and almonds. You really can eat quite sumptuously without ever really using butter. You've been used to eating fake, ****** food for a while, so it's going to take a little time before you think a spinach salad with an amazing vinaigrette tastes as good whatever other **** you usually go for, but you'll learn and it will effectively change your lifestyle. You need this to last forever, and for me, you have to learn how to eat in such a way that you never, ever feel like you're giving anything up.

//thread

Honestly, we could all go on and on about the benefits of cleaner eating. But doing the above would make the transition easier and provide more than "just" health benefits. You'd be eating better not necessarily because of the positive things it would do to your body, but because these foods actually taste better.

We're definitely a fast food culture and not just with the drive-thru joints, either. Our taste buds have been bitchslapped by bastardized "food" that swaps out genuine flavor for intensified saltiness or richness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads