• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
v nice

when did prices go up?

I got a notification a few weeks ago. We had good stock on things like the Snuff Chukka & Shell Longwings, so we're able to keep them at the same price for a while. But the new stock items that we bring in have all gone up a bit - like the Indy boots have.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to deicde between the 403 Indy Boots in Brown Chromexcel or Tobacco J. Crew waxed longwings.
I need a new pair of brown shoes and only have enough loot for one pair.

Thoughts???

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Indy price went up again? How much is it now?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Trying to deicde between the 403 Indy Boots in Brown Chromexcel or Tobacco J. Crew waxed longwings.
I need a new pair of brown shoes and only have enough loot for one pair.

Thoughts???

Probably depends how versatile you need these to be. If you want something you can wear with a sportcoat and tie, as well as on weekends, then the longwing is the way to go; if this is strictly for denim/chinos, my vote would be for the 403.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cid
Finally received my pair of suede unlined chukkas from theshoemart - size 11.5 B/D, but they fit narrow. Has anyone else experienced the same? Do they stretch much? My Barrie lasted shell chukkas fit great in size 11 B/D.

IMG_1855.jpg

I find them to fit quite narrow as well compared to other shoes. They will stretch but only as much as your feet make them. Ultimately I think you should be comfortable from the beginning.

If anyone prefers the fit of the Barrie instead of the Leydon, we have these chukks on the Barrie now.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cid
Finally received my pair of suede unlined chukkas from theshoemart - size 11.5 B/D, but they fit narrow. Has anyone else experienced the same? Do they stretch much? My Barrie lasted shell chukkas fit great in size 11 B/D.

I found the same, slightly narrow, but not so much that they are uncomfortable. Nice shoes..

racknac

Reaction score
just go my Alden Indys from Jcrew. Should I be coating these with something before I start wearing them to protect them? If so, what should i use?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
just go my Alden Indys from Jcrew. Should I be coating these with something before I start wearing them to protect them? If so, what should i use?

I would just start wearing them. The pull-up leather is meant to be worn hard. After a while (several wearings) you should probably polish with a cream (Meltonian or Saphire, for example).

JonB27

Reaction score
I bought the unlined chukkas and returned them, too narrow and uncomfortable for me...

shasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac

Mike from Epaulet suggested I treat mine with Kiwi Mink Oil - picked up a handle of it from Target for under $5.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Just in case some of y'all don't keep track of Tom's blog:

rw1.jpg

rw2.jpg

rw3.jpg

Great stuff!

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WatchGuy
Those are great Ahab. Where did you get them?

Are those Leydon?

OK, I ignored you at first and I apologize. These are actually seconds from Shoemart.

snuffsuedeboots6.jpg

Not even sure of what is wrong with them. They are on the Barrie last.

Originally Posted by makewayhomer
v nice.

I'm hoping to snag something like it as a second. there is one I've been looking at but it has a huge commando sole and I don't want that.

This is certainly possible if you are patient. See above boot. I was looking for something like it but it was not in stock anywhere when I was looking.
Originally Posted by glimmertwins
Funny - I just looked at my pair I got from Leffot and I have the same thing as you - only on the left shoe though. So weird. Can't believe I missed that earlier.
Damn, I have already worn my shoe every day for two weeks. What happened when you talked with Steve about it?

I am not sure I would care. Especially if you were wearing it for two weeks and did not notice yourself. The chance of someone else noticing in infinitesimal.
Originally Posted by Cid
I am returning a pair today. I am not sure if they were narrow or being unlined does not sit well with me. I do not like the way they fit at all.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Probably depends how versatile you need these to be. If you want something you can wear with a sportcoat and tie, as well as on weekends, then the longwing is the way to go; if this is strictly for denim/chinos, my vote would be for the 403.
Listen to him.
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
I find them to fit quite narrow as well compared to other shoes. They will stretch but only as much as your feet make them. Ultimately I think you should be comfortable from the beginning.

If anyone prefers the fit of the Barrie instead of the Leydon, we have these chukks on the Barrie now.

Curse you Tom! A little late for me.
Originally Posted by JonB27
I bought the unlined chukkas and returned them, too narrow and uncomfortable for me...
+1
Originally Posted by imatlas
Just in case some of y'all don't keep track of Tom's blog:

Great stuff!

Thanks imatlas! I am all shoed out at the moment but I need to see fit pics of that shoe.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cid

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

Cid, They look great.I love mine. I had the same issue and ordered a 6E and they still seemed narrow for a supposed wide shoes. After a wear or two they are perfect now and I can't wait to get my dark brown pair in that I was just informed will be another 3 weeks.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
rw3.jpg

Great stuff!

Interesting, but these are a shoe I would need to see IRL before I'd buy them. That red sole is either going to blow me away or make me puke, and it's hard to tell which from a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads