• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conne's food log

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I just ate half a bacon, artichoke heart, and pesto pizza. But Conne is still a fatass!
Lucky you.
frown.gif
Originally Posted by StephenHero
And if you're going to insist on drinking alcohol because you're an alcoholic, sticks to clear 80-proof liquors with diet mixers and stand while you drink if you're at a bar. You burn quite a few calories standing for an hour relative to sitting.
I really don't drink as much as I used to. I haven't had a drop in over a week, may have some wine tonight, but I've been taking it easy. I hope that helps with the weight loss. Here's today's log, so far. 3/5/10 3 scrambled eggs w/pepper and a pinch of sea salt 1 cup black coffee 1 multi-grain toast w/unsalted peanut butter 2 humongous carrots 1 cup black coffee 1 apple Curried chicken salad, lettuce, tomato on rye bread Handful of potato chips 1 Kashi TLC cereal bar Half of a 1.2 oz. Lindt 70% cocoa chocolate bar

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you should take up smoking, it can really help with this sort of thing

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i mean imagine if you could just replace your lists with, like: 3/5/10 BREAKFAST 1 cigarette LUNCH 1 cigarette 1 cigarette 1 cigarette DINNER 1 cigarette, 1 cigarette 1 cigarette 1 cigarette

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
i mean imagine if you could just replace your lists with, like:

3/5/10

BREAKFAST

1 cigarette

LUNCH

1 cigarette
1 cigarette
1 cigarette

DINNER

1 cigarette, 1 cigarette
1 cigarette

1 cigarette

Add coffee and it's the best weight-loss diet ever.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Conne have to document ***** intake?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Does Conne have to document ***** intake?

Normally it's neglible, but in Conne's case he probably should.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
subscribed for the before/after pics.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I really want to order pizza.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

I will break your weak will by telling you what I eat and then calling you fat, like so:

Tonight, I had breaded olives and herb cream cheese, apple wood rotisserie chicken, fava beans and greens, bread, some goat cheese, and a gin and tonic.

Lard-ass!

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
You should be down 2/7 of a lb. already Conne! Are you sore from the gym?

ektaylor

Reaction score
You should join a club sport or a crossfit group.
Yea, I was going to reccommend Starting Strength. By investing ~4-6 hours of your week to the gym (squats), you can quite literally eat whatever you want. EDIT: For reference, I eat 3-4000 calories a day (mostly protein and fat). And I hover around 140-150 at 6'. I am too busy to eat more and actually make gains in the gym--it seems I have the inverse of your problem.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
go one step further and punch in your food intake in a calorie counter like myfitnesspal.com then you'll know what not to eat. (it takes literally 2 minutes) You can set a 'goal' to hit say 2000 calories at a 40/40/20 ratio meaning 40% calories are from carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. After a few months of doing this you won't need to count or keep track any more.

3 eggs, scrambled, pepper and salt
-1 slice multigrain toast w/unsalted peanut butter

-Pack of Hostess chocolate donettes

-Peanut butter and jelly w/ bag of Fritos (one of the "small" 99 cent bags)
-Half of a tuna melt w/cheddar cheese

-Five Guys french fries, regular size (I had about half of them)
-Can of Wolfgang Puck chicken & wild rice soup

This diet is schizophrenic...half good, half horrible. It should be obvious which is which

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I've really just had enough. I need to drop 10 pounds minimum and I have been totally undisciplined about weight loss. In this threak I will post what I eat on a daily basis. Basically, I'm hoping that you guys help keep me honest by providing tips and scathing criticism (when necessary!).

Upon looking in the mirror today, I realized I just didn't look right. I am back up to 169 lbs. (about 5'9") and it's obviously not a healthy weight.

So yeah, here it goes.

Starting weight: 169lbs.
Food for 3/4/10

-3 eggs, scrambled, pepper and salt
-1 slice multigrain toast w/unsalted peanut butter

-Pack of Hostess chocolate donettes

-Peanut butter and jelly w/ bag of Fritos (one of the "small" 99 cent bags)
-Half of a tuna melt w/cheddar cheese

-Five Guys french fries, regular size (I had about half of them)
-Can of Wolfgang Puck chicken & wild rice soup

Dear Connemara,

Even before I started posting here, I noticed multiple threads and posts where you were saying you wanted to do something. You'd last like a day. Instead of berating you, which would be easy, I'd instead like to encourage you and offer my sincere hope that this truly will be the point that changes your life for the better. I've seen people around me changing their diets and habits with enormous benefits and I also realize that with my genetics I'm a bit luckier than most, although I rarely ********.

The key is to become much more of an epicure. Find food that tastes phenomenal. Fritos, ding dongs and all that **** doesn't even really taste good. The textures are disgusting, the flavor lacks in any sort of depth, it's all extremely artificial tasting. You need to learn about all the different kinds of flavors that food can have, not just fat and salt and sweet. I think that acid is something that helps a lot of people lose weight, because using lots of tomatoes, lemons, vinegar etc... in your cooking is very good for you and gives you a large impact of flavor without taking on a lot of calories.

Don't skimp on fats, just make sure it comes from really good olive oil and things like avocado and almonds. You really can eat quite sumptuously without ever really using butter. You've been used to eating fake, ****** food for a while, so it's going to take a little time before you think a spinach salad with an amazing vinaigrette tastes as good whatever other **** you usually go for, but you'll learn and it will effectively change your lifestyle. You need this to last forever, and for me, you have to learn how to eat in such a way that you never, ever feel like you're giving anything up.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Dear Connemara,

Even before I started posting here, I noticed multiple threads and posts where you were saying you wanted to do something. You'd last like a day. Instead of berating you, which would be easy, I'd instead like to encourage you and offer my sincere hope that this truly will be the point that changes your life for the better. I've seen people around me changing their diets and habits with enormous benefits and I also realize that with my genetics I'm a bit luckier than most, although I rarely ********.

The key is to become much more of an epicure. Find food that tastes phenomenal. Fritos, ding dongs and all that **** doesn't even really taste good. The textures are disgusting, the flavor lacks in any sort of depth, it's all extremely artificial tasting. You need to learn about all the different kinds of flavors that food can have, not just fat and salt and sweet. I think that acid is something that helps a lot of people lose weight, because using lots of tomatoes, lemons, vinegar etc... in your cooking is very good for you and gives you a large impact of flavor without taking on a lot of calories.

Don't skimp on fats, just make sure it comes from really good olive oil and things like avocado and almonds. You really can eat quite sumptuously without ever really using butter. You've been used to eating fake, ****** food for a while, so it's going to take a little time before you think a spinach salad with an amazing vinaigrette tastes as good whatever other **** you usually go for, but you'll learn and it will effectively change your lifestyle. You need this to last forever, and for me, you have to learn how to eat in such a way that you never, ever feel like you're giving anything up.

Best post of this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads