• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
UK size +1 = US size.

I like the kirks. They are really expensive at forward though.

does this work for trickers as well?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
grensons fit tts in my experience. and they are made on a generally wider last. the SS10 samples were all G (subtract 1 letter width for UK to US along with sizing conversion)

mas_cerveza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I'm considering these because there really isn't any reliable retailers for Grenson, Church's, Trickers, etc... in the U.S.
I'm not sure if all do, but you should check if your local Bloomingdale's carries them. I bought my Grenson Oscars from the Bloomingdale's in SoHo for 70 bucks on 70% off. One of my favorite shoes and best purchases ever. And they run pretty big so I would go down an inch or half.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For that matter, I saw some okay looking but incredibly light flimsy feeling Grensons at Nordstroms the other day.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have never seen Grenson in the Bloomingdales or Nordstrom in my area. The closest one I've seen is a Ferragamo wingtip boot sin tan, which retail to close to $1k.

Originally Posted by kelvinsense
cop some c&j's rfx

I'm not sure I'm on that level of sophistication yet.
blush.gif
Maybe when their on sale.
I did try on some Lobbs at Neimans but damn they are all too narrow. If C&J fits similar, it'll be ruled out right away.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Just stay clear of the Rushden line (they have a red insole with something that looke like a flower embossed in it). The quality is very poor and the price is too high - and it is made in Portugal. So not the English craftmanship and the materials used are just lousy.
If you can get hold of shoes from either the Rose or Masterpiece collection, you should be good. I have the Bleasdale boot from the Rose collection and I really like it.

baba booey

Reaction score
I am pretty happy with the Grenson's I have from the Rushden collection, then again I do not have any from the Rose collection. I have the Stanley, Hayden and Ellis boot. Paid around $100 and $150 for the boots.

tooshay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
I am pretty happy with the Grenson's I have from the Rushden collection, then again I do not have any from the Rose collection. I have the Stanley, Hayden and Ellis boot. Paid around $100 and $150 for the boots.

I'll agree with fa-fa-foo-hi and say that it's disappointing that they're made in India, but I have the Archie's and the leather, craftsmanship and overall quality are all simply superb.

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
I'll agree with fa-fa-foo-hi and say that it's disappointing that they're made in India, but I have the Archie's and the leather, craftsmanship and overall quality are all simply superb.
laugh.gif

So, the entire Rushden line is made in India? The Grenson Ellis boots I have say made in England. I also did not find made in India anywhere on the other two pairs I own (in fact I believe the say made in England as well)?

cmsmith

Reaction score
laugh.gif

So, the entire Rushden line is made in India? The Grenson Ellis boots I have say made in England. I also did not find made in India anywhere on the other two pairs I own (in fact I believe the say made in England as well)?

I have the "Brown" aviator boots and they are made in portugal I believe.

Generally speaking the quality is good, some of the leathers on some of the other ones I've tried on, the Otis shoe in particular, seem a bit cheap, but the nice thing is Grenson can be had for relatively cheap, and given the options in the same range, they are great value.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
grensons fit tts in my experience. and they are made on a generally wider last. the SS10 samples were all G (subtract 1 letter width for UK to US along with sizing conversion)

I have to revise one of my answers above. Shahanshah is right, my boots just arrived and they are G width. So if you have a wide foot, you will be fine, just buy your regular size.

Comments regarding the quality are perplexing. I don't know if they have changed over time, but the boots that I just received look and feel great. Goodyear welted, nice leather, clean stitching, quality sole...I don't have any complaints. I've been around the block, and I know many of you have too so I respect your opinions, but I think they are a superb value for the money. I don't expect the finishing or construction to be as good as the handmade dress shoes I own, in some cases, those shoes cost three times as much! For around $300, you could do a lot worse than Grenson. I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey ta-ta toothy - where did you pick up the Ellis boots so cheap?

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Hey ta-ta toothy - where did you pick up the Ellis boots so cheap?
I got them off ebay uk http://www.ebay.co.uk/

Just got them yesterday and have them on now...nice construction and comfortable with no break in needed. The boots were $135 and shipping pushed me to around $170.

Here is a link to the sellers store http://shop.ebay.co.uk/stretch290458...&_trksid=p4340

Don't you be bidding on any of those black wingtips...
laugh.gif

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Nice - thanks buddy! No worries, those wingtips are not my size. Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads