• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

cicero79

Reaction score
Hey City, I recently got a pair of Eliasson's for a great price. I won't need a new prescription and don't want to drop major bones on my lenses with the fixins till i need to. I have the OP Eliassons in storm and debating on whether to make them the reading glasses or the day to day long distance. I also was debating on getting the Pirroni's in a couple months in the light brown crystal. I've tried both on in person but just at a crossroads as to keep these Eliassons or go for the Paul Smith. Having 2 pairs of high end glasses seem a bit excessive to me at this point. What do you think? They both suit me best because of their sizes which are between 50-51 w/ bridges between 18-20 For reference, here's what it looks like when I was sporting my Shuron ZYL's. These were 50 in width, 20 bridge and 145 for the arms.
12135_1188975758359_1047270085_30501616_3828977_n.jpg
ps_pirroni_sycbecr.jpg
Eliasson-CHA_STRM.jpg
Much obliged.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
Hey City,

I recently got a pair of Eliasson's for a great price. I won't need a new prescription and don't want to drop major bones on my lenses with the fixins till i need to.

I have the OP Eliassons in storm and debating on whether to make them the reading glasses or the day to day long distance.

I also was debating on getting the Pirroni's in a couple months in the light brown crystal. I've tried both on in person but just at a crossroads as to keep these Eliassons or go for the Paul Smith.

Having 2 pairs of high end glasses seem a bit excessive to me at this point. What do you think? They both suit me best because of their sizes which are between 50-51 w/ bridges between 18-20

For reference, here's what it looks like when I was sporting my Shuron ZYL's. These were 50 in width, 20 bridge and 145 for the arms.

Much obliged.

Personally, judging by your previous pair and you're apparent style, I would say go with the first one. The brown one. I think you will get bored of the 2nd one too fast. It is a bit boring compared to the brown ones. I really like that crytal brown. It gives it a bit of flavour. Ultimately it is up to you, but I say go for the brown one if you want something unique and go with the metal ones if you want something very different from what you have. Best of luck hunting!

phongho

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread is still open!

I was wondering if you knew whether Oliver Peoples' Denison and NDG-1 were the same model. I believe I tried on the NDG-1 and loved them... though I was looking for some Clubmaster type eyeglasses. I couldn't find any that fit my face. I'm currently wearing Oliver's Grayson that are a size 51mm? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phongho
Hopefully this thread is still open!

I was wondering if you knew whether Oliver Peoples' Denison and NDG-1 were the same model. I believe I tried on the NDG-1 and loved them... though I was looking for some Clubmaster type eyeglasses. I couldn't find any that fit my face. I'm currently wearing Oliver's Grayson that are a size 51mm? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

This thread is always open! hahaha...

Sorry, what is your question? Just general suggestion? I would need to know more about your facial features and what kind of style you want to have. Show us a pic of you wearing your current frames and maybe we can throw suggestions at you.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Here's the pair of glasses I just bought early last month - Bevel 'Chateauneuf'. The front is a black that fades to a crystal dark gray and the sides also have the retro diamond but are a dark blue that appear black until hit by the light perfectly. Very happy with them I just need to get them adjusted to sit tighter on my face since you can see them slip a little bit on my nose in the picture.

glasses005.jpg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
Here's the pair of glasses I just bought early last month - Bevel 'Chateauneuf'. The front is a black that fades to a crystal dark gray and the sides also have the retro diamond but are a dark blue that appear black until hit by the light perfectly. Very happy with them I just need to get them adjusted to sit tighter on my face since you can see them slip a little bit on my nose in the picture.

I like the style. The bridge seems a bit wide in this picture so that might be a reason why they slide down a bit. But I like the black to crystal fade. Looks good!

phongho

Reaction score
Photoon2010-03-05at11572.jpg

Ah, sorry new to this haha.
Here I'm wearing my Oliver Peoples Grayson frame in black. The size is 51-17-140.

1. I was wondering whether you knew if Oliver People's Denison frame is the same as the model number NDG-1.
2. I was wondering if you knew of any frames similar to the Rayban Clubmaster eyeglasses. I really love that style, but the rayban's only come in a small size that doesn't fit my face.
3. General suggestions would be nice!

Bang for my buck is wildly desired. Poor college student. haha.

Thanks

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, sorry new to this haha.
Here I'm wearing my Oliver Peoples Grayson frame in black. The size is 51-17-140.

1. I was wondering whether you knew if Oliver People's Denison frame is the same as the model number NDG-1.
2. I was wondering if you knew of any frames similar to the Rayban Clubmaster eyeglasses. I really love that style, but the rayban's only come in a small size that doesn't fit my face.
3. General suggestions would be nice!

Bang for my buck is wildly desired. Poor college student. haha.

Thanks

I would suggest to pick something up a bit on the square-er side and smaller in general. It will compliment your face shape. Your face is on the rounder side so a square-ish shape will make reduce the amount of round in your face shape. Also, don't go with a frame that is too wide because it will make your eyes look cross-eyed. But like I tell everyone, try on a bunch and see what you like and dislike. Some frames look better "in theory" and not so well on the face.

phongho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
I would suggest to pick something up a bit on the square-er side and smaller in general. It will compliment your face shape. Your face is on the rounder side so a square-ish shape will make reduce the amount of round in your face shape. Also, don't go with a frame that is too wide because it will make your eyes look cross-eyed. But like I tell everyone, try on a bunch and see what you like and dislike. Some frames look better "in theory" and not so well on the face.

Hmm this makes a lot of sense. I think I'll throw out the dream of the Clubmaster type of frame. Thanks!

NeurotRP

Reaction score
These might work, thanks! Are these only sold by them? Or do they sell to places that I can try them on?

If you email them they will send a few different pairs for you to try on, and you can send back the ones you don't like.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm this makes a lot of sense. I think I'll throw out the dream of the Clubmaster type of frame. Thanks!

I didnt mean to offend you or change your opinion. Also, if you grow out your hair, I'm sure my opinion would change as well as yours.

phongho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
I didnt mean to offend you or change your opinion. Also, if you grow out your hair, I'm sure my opinion would change as well as yours.

Oh, no offense taken. I think it makes sense, I see think my face is round too :p.
Now I've just gotta find out whether OP's Denison is the same as OP's NDG-1. I think I'll give them a call later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads