• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kirkbross

Reaction score
I always buy Ray Ban Aviator, classic, gold frame sunglasses. As I do about every few years, I recently lost my pair and my girlfriend bought me a new pair for my birthday. I always get the large size, and so we ordered the large size (RB3026) online. But, for some reason they still seem ever so slightly smaller than my lost pair. I've done endless searching online and can only find two sizes. Either I'm losing my mind or my head is getting bigger...

Is there an X Large size by chance, and how do I get it?

Thanks for any help... Ray Ban's site doesn't go into too much detail, so I am turning to the forums.

Captain.Kia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kirkbross
I always get the large size
Big head?
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
Sorry, just had to do it.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a 55, 58, and 62. You probably got the 58. It's indicated on the inside of the frame. Though I'm unsure as to whether they continue to make the 55mm.

kirkbross

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
There's a 55, 58, and 62. You probably got the 58. It's indicated on the inside of the frame. Though I'm unsure as to whether they continue to make the 55mm.
The inside of the frame says:

Aviator Large Metal II L2846 62 14 3N

I'm assuming 62 is the largest? My new pair also looks slighly more curvy across the top edge, which is not how I remember my old pair. I wonder if it's the "Metal II" designation... is there a "Metal I" which is slightly different?

Thank you SO much for the info...

Marton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kirkbross
The inside of the frame says: Aviator Large Metal II L2846 62 14 3N I'm assuming 62 is the largest? My new pair also looks slighly more curvy across the top edge, which is not how I remember my old pair. I wonder if it's the "Metal II" designation... is there a "Metal I" which is slightly different? Thank you SO much for the info...
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have this same problem. I was given that same pair Aviator Large 62•14. A friend mentioned it might be different from the old one my dad had because it may not be made similar to the Bausch and Lomb Ray Ban Aviator 62 which may have been wider. Honestly I don't know, but I'm looking for a way to widen the one I have or something as these have sentimental value to me. My sun glasses ought to be 148-150mm temple to temple.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the Outdoorsman model since the 80s and have seen it only in two sizes - 58 and 62 (also called small and large by retailers). I think there is a 52 out there, but it is only available in the models without the brow bar and they have the straight arms (as opposed to the wire curved arms on the Outdoorsman ones)

You may want to look at eyesave.com - pretty good prices and range to compare.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
There must be an extra large size, because foo looks like he has bug eyes when he wears his, and his head is the largest in the known universe.

Rhodes

Reaction score
I think there is a 64 size, but could be mistaken!

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows what glasses brands and models are available with LONG TEMPLES, I'd sure like to know. Local opticians haven't been much help.
I need 155mm (or longer?) temples. I have one pair of Persols with 150mm temples and they're still not really right.

Anyone any help on this, as long as we're talking about big headed freaks?

junraf

Reaction score
Hello there . . . just want to put in my 2 cents. I am not an expert on Ray-Bans, but these are what I have gathered.

Basically, there are 3 types of Ray-Ban Aviator classics:

1) RB 3025 - Aviator Large Metal
2) RB 3044 - Aviator Small Metal
3) RB 3026 - Aviator Large Metal II

The 3025 is the original tear-drop shaped lenses. This model has about 30 or so variations including polarized lenses. There are 3 sizes, 55-14-135 mm, 58-14-135 mm and 62-14-135 mm.

The 3044 lenses is also the original shaped lenses. There are 4 models. Only one size is availble, 52-14-135 mm.

The 3026 is an inspiration of the original 3025. The lenses have a softer tear-drop shape. Two models are available. One size only, 62-14-140 mm.

Hope this helps.

jhanslem

Reaction score
for your information Ray-Ban Sunglasses, style RB 3025 Aviator Large Metal is a stylish and classic metal aviator frame. The RB 3025 is designed with plastic temple tips for maximum comfort. Featured on the temples and on the right lens is the signature Ray-Ban logo. The scratch/impact resistant 6-base Glass lenses ensure 100% UV protection & optical clarity. Size: 55-14-135 mm/ 58-14-135 mm/62-14-135 mm....try here : http://www.linklik2u.com

megapenfreak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by junraf
Basically, there are 3 types of Ray-Ban Aviator classics:

1) RB 3025 - Aviator Large Metal
2) RB 3044 - Aviator Small Metal
3) RB 3026 - Aviator Large Metal II

The 3025 is the original tear-drop shaped lenses. This model has about 30 or so variations including polarized lenses. There are 3 sizes, 55-14-135 mm, 58-14-135 mm and 62-14-135 mm.

Hope this helps.

Could you please help me to understand the size a bit more, does the first number refer to the horizontal width or the vertical hight? or are we saying that if you go from a 55 to 58 the whole lens is bigger all around to make it 3 mm bigger?

Thanks.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the first number is the width of the lens in mm, and yes, the whole lens would get proportionally larger as you size up.

Big T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain.Kia
Big head?
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Sorry, just had to do it.

Don't know about that! My daughters all wear these things and they buy the largest they can get. Quite comical looking (my daughters, not the OP).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads