• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

blairh

Reaction score
The weird thing about that store link is that all the CG coats are listed as having faux fur.

bure

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried on the Constable Parka?
I usually wear size Small/Medium clothing (closer to Medium) so I'm not sure whether to get a Small or even an Extra-Small. Any help? All I know is that Context says Small has Pit-to-Pit of 23" and X-Small 21.5"... but not sure how much that will help since these are somewhat bulky jackets.

Thanks!

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of those jackets, if you're usually a M go for the XS, as the small will most likely be HUGE on you, since the constable is less bulky than the expedition or chilliwack, and suggestion is to size down 2 on it.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
Personally I hate the brand and their image. It's all douchey, i.e what Ed Hardy kids wear over their graphic tees when it's too cold out. The only CG I'd wear is the Manitoba, after ripping off the patch on the arm.

So in other words, you've never owned a Canada Goose coat.
Sorry but your comments are needlessly harsh and unfounded.
Some questions for you, and a statement afterwards:
  • What 'image' are you talking about?
  • What specifically, do you hate about the brand?
  • By your reasoning should others feel free to hate your clothing chioces too?
  • When you see your peer group 'posing' (as you would have it), did it occur to you that they may have to travel outdoors for extended periods of time?
  • When was the last time you relied on Mississauga, Vaughan, Thornhill, Whitby, Brampton,etc. transit...or even TTC on a bad storm or -35 windchill waiting for a bus that never comes?
  • Did it occur to you that the people you resent have the sense to recognize a superior quality product (for once); a product made in Canada; and are willing to pay for that quality?
CG owners are enjoying a high quality product and supporting Canadian jobs.
Surely you can appreciate this?
Canada Goose products were designed to serve a legitamite function.
They are serious work gear, not pretty fashionwear.
And so what if a person wears with some pride of ownership?
Would you not do the very same thing with a nice pair of those John Lobbs you've drooled for?
Only recently has Canada Goose enjoyed some high profiling, and it is richly deserved.
Quite honestly I don't understand your hatred and I'm certain neither do you.
laugh.gif

I've worn various Canada Goose parkas for a long, long time and they perform flawlessly.
They are certainly not for mild winter. They are best for -15 Celsius or lower.
I've worn my CG parka in temperatures of -35 Celsuis where I have had to work outdoors for extended periods of time (all day long) and it is those extreme temperatures they were originally designed for.
I have worn CG parkas in Banff Alberta, Edmonton, Kingston (at the lake), Thunder Bay,
North Bay, Parry Sound, and a lot of other places, including metro Toronto.
I use my CG's when we have severe windchill and I know I'll be outdoors for hours or all day.
For those of us who choose to (or have to) take public transit, the CG Parka is our car.

I have every respect for anyone willing to buy a product made in my country (yours too) .
If you are not attracted to this brand you can at least respect the likes and preferences of others who do. There isn't much left 'Made In Canada' but I will gladly support what I can; especially for a product of pure excellence.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Kingston these days Canada Goose parkas are most often paired with Uggs or True Religion jeans. That's probably the image he's complaining about.

I have no hate for them, and support Canadian made products (especially W+H and N&F!) but the backlash against the product is somewhat understandable based on some of their current clientel. These kids are just buying them because of the price tag, not the craftsmanship. It's unfortunate, but it is true that many people just don't want to be lumped in with these types and are forced to buy other products.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yeap, so true, I sold my constable parka here early Jan as temps dropped and everybody started wearing a black chillliwack on the streets......

I since got a really nice lightweight jacket from them instead with the blacked out patch, this jacket is soo light and non-bulky, yet its still pretty warm, this is just a simple slim cut waist length jacket and the blacked out patch is great, no loud red/white/blue patch anymore and this model looks nothing like any of the other in the CG line, love it.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
  • When you see your peer group 'posing' (as you would have it), did it occur to you that they may have to travel outdoors for extended periods of time?
  • When was the last time you relied on Mississauga, Vaughan, Thornhill, Whitby, Brampton,etc. transit...or even TTC on a bad storm or -35 windchill waiting for a bus that never comes?
  • Did it occur to you that the people you resent have the sense to recognize a superior quality product (for once); a product made in Canada; and are willing to pay for that quality?
Would you not do the very same thing with a nice pair of those John Lobbs you've drooled for?
Only recently has Canada Goose enjoyed some high profiling, and it is richly deserved.
laugh.gif

I've worn various Canada Goose parkas for a long, long time and they perform flawlessly.
I've worn my CG parka in temperatures of -35 Celsuis where I have had to work outdoors for extended periods of time (all day long) and it is those extreme temperatures they were originally designed for.
I have worn CG parkas in Banff Alberta, Edmonton, Kingston (at the lake), Thunder Bay,
I use my CG's when we have severe windchill and I know I'll be outdoors for hours or all day.
For those of us who choose to (or have to) take public transit, the CG Parka is our car.

I have every respect for anyone willing to buy a product made in my country (yours too) .
If you are not attracted to this brand you can at least respect the likes and preferences of others who do. There isn't much left 'Made In Canada' but I will gladly support what I can; especially for a product of pure excellence.

Owned. But:

Originally Posted by Listi
In Kingston these days Canada Goose parkas are most often paired with Uggs or True Religion jeans. That's probably the image he's complaining about.

I have no hate for them, and support Canadian made products (especially W+H and N&F!) but the backlash against the product is somewhat understandable based on some of their current clientel. These kids are just buying them because of the price tag, not the craftsmanship. It's unfortunate, but it is true that many people just don't want to be lumped in with these types and are forced to buy other products.

Have to agree with this. I like the feel of CG jackets and they're obviously warm enough, but through no fault of their own they've been to some degree appropriated as a status symbol by the people who like to wear things with "D&G"/"LV"/etc. on them (including my trendwhore roommate, who bought a CG jacket the same month he paid $350 retail for a LV iPhone case). As much as I have nothing against the brand's quality, pedigree, or history, I do feel that I can no longer buy one of their jackets because I want to avoid the newer associations.

Originally Posted by canstyleace
^ yeap, so true, I sold my constable parka here early Jan as temps dropped and everybody started wearing a black chillliwack on the streets......

I since got a really nice lightweight jacket from them instead with the blacked out patch, this jacket is soo light and non-bulky, yet its actually warmer than the constable was (has 750 huterite down fill instead of the 625 white duck down fill on the constable), this is just a simple slim cut waist length jacket and the black out patch is great, no loud red/white/blue patch anymore and this model looks nothing like any of the other CG line, love it.

What's the model/name/whatever? Pics?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I custom ordered it from CG, it's basically a mens lodge model but in size XS, as they only make it down to Small which fits a bit boxy on me, I also asked for no chest pocket which I dont ever use and only takes away from the clean and simple design of the jacket, I also asked for a color matched linning around the collar and chest area instead of the default white linning all around and I asked for the patch to be blacked out, not a grey japan line patch but an actual blacked out patch as I've seen them before once when my boss took us to the CG building and they gave us a tour, its done mostly on other special orders for some tactical police forces, etc, seems its the same NA patch but its like overdyed in black.

The Company I work for also runs a RE Mgt Co that rents the main building to CG here in Toronto, so my boss has contacs on the inside and I asked him to ask them if I could custom order the and couldnt be happier with the results.

Suicmez

Reaction score
It was 5 degrees C today (41 F) and I saw a lot of people still wearing their CG jacket. One girl was wearing hers with the sleeves pulled up to her elbows, with knee high boots. One of the countless Canada Goose fails I've witnessed this winter. The whole function debate is stupid, most kids bought into it because of the trend, and haven't got a clue on the proper use of a down jacket. GQ ran a feature on Canada Goose a year or so ago. Look what happened.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suicmez
It was 5 degrees C today (41 F) and I saw a lot of people still wearing their CG jacket. One girl was wearing hers with the sleeves pulled up to her elbows, with knee high boots. One of the countless Canada Goose fails I've witnessed this winter. The whole function debate is stupid, most kids bought into it because of the trend, and haven't got a clue on the proper use of a down jacket. GQ ran a feature on Canada Goose a year or so ago. Look what happened.

I was going to buy one of these a few years ago but when I tried it on, I realised that if it wasn't lower than -10 C, it would be way too warm. They're really meant for much colder, northern places. I've seen a lot of them here around Toronto and Hamilton this winter. They must have been featured in every Canadian fashion magazine or something because it seems like every other girl has one. A couple of months ago, I saw 4 girls walking together wearing the exact same black Canada goose jacket.

ma1

Reaction score
In Kingston these days Canada Goose parkas are most often paired with Uggs or True Religion jeans. That's probably the image he's complaining about. I have no hate for them, and support Canadian made products (especially W+H and N&F!) but the backlash against the product is somewhat understandable based on some of their current clientel. These kids are just buying them because of the price tag, not the craftsmanship. It's unfortunate, but it is true that many people just don't want to be lumped in with these types and are forced to buy other products.
Yeah, and I'll stay away from this for the time being. It's the same reason I'm not going to buy abercrombie & fitch. And if I'm paying that much for a coat, frankly I want some exclusivity. Last time I was at a leaf's game I saw probably a hundred canada goose coats, all worn by assholes. I'm sure it's not such a problem in the united states and it's still got some cache.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who gives a **** about Kingston? You guys have a university and a prison. No one gives a **** about your city or what people wear there.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
laugh.gif

Well said though I dont have a Canada Goose.

Mississauga representttttttttttttttttttttttttt
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads