• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting engaged tonight - am I missing anything?

Incman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
GTL baby. If you dont know, you dont know. Dont hijack OPs thread... I assume its done by now... Congrats I hope?

Actually, the fellow you quoted was merely continuing the joke. Vinny's answer to Pauly and Situation's GTL was to was devise his own schedule, consisting of Basketball Pool Beach.
teacha.gif

Also, congratulations to the OP. Hope it goes (went?) well.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
"He went to Jared..." I hate those ******* commercials.
+
fc_infinity_41717_lg.gif

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Prenup.

celticgent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
"He went to Jared..."

I hate those ******* commercials.

one thing that makes those commercials bearable:

She doesn't realize that "Jared" is a well dressed young guy who works in accounting that her new hubby went on a 'business trip' with last month.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celticgent
one thing that makes those commercials bearable:

She doesn't realize that "Jared" is a well dressed young guy who works in accounting that her new hubby went on a 'business trip' with last month.

laugh.gif
good one I like that.

Soooooo..... how did it go?
bounce2.gif

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
excited to hear how it goes. I am doing it in about a month. Just finished designing the ring last week.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
excited to hear how it goes. I am doing it in about a month. Just finished designing the ring last week.

way off track to the OP, but where did you go (hopefully somewhere in the Metro D). i want to start that process soon.

jrobjr

Reaction score
Great success!!!

Everything went off mostly according to plan. She was, however, able to open the box - so I put my hands on it and went to a knee as smoothly as I could manage. My voice became a bit softer than I would have hoped when I asked for her hand, but she said "yes"people clapped, and all was well with the world.

On the way home from the restaurant, she told me (with some prodding on my part) that I was the 5th person to ask her - but the first and only proposal she had or ever would accept.

I R Happy Guy!
bigstar[1].gif

Thanks for all your help, suggestions and support!
worship.gif

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrobjr
On the way home from the restaurant, she told me (with some prodding on my part) that I was the 5th person to ask her - but the first and only proposal she had or ever would accept.

^^^^ WTF?????

Congrats, regardless.

jrobjr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
way off track to the OP, but where did you go (hopefully somewhere in the Metro D). i want to start that process soon.

I live in Eastern NC, so this is unlikely to assist you, but I went to a wonderful restaurant called The Chef and the Farmer in Kinston, NC. They had a beautiful bouquet on the table, took pictures, and brought Champagne upon acceptance.

And to the person who said we would not have any appetite after the proposal... you were 100% right! I couldn't even finish the Champagne.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrobjr
Great success!!!

Everything went off mostly according to plan. She was, however, able to open the box - so I put my hands on it and went to a knee as smoothly as I could manage. My voice became a bit softer than I would have hoped when I asked for her hand, but she said "yes"people clapped, and all was well with the world.

I R Happy Guy!
bigstar[1].gif

Thanks for all your help, suggestions and support!
worship.gif

Congrats, man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads