• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn kelvin that is fine looking.

It is good to see some quality in this thread, now that the rest of SF has gone to ****.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Individual julius pieces are nice enough, it's really derivative though. Look at the runway (FW10 was hilariously bad) and then look at the pieces in a store. So much better when they don't pick the styling
laugh.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got 3 pairs of dior jeans and 2x of the OMG tshirt (black on white, black on black) and the RAISE YOUR VOICE (black on black)

really excited

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Individual julius pieces are nice enough, it's really derivative though.

Look at the runway (FW10 was hilariously bad) and then look at the pieces in a store.

So much better when they don't pick the styling
laugh.gif

I wasn't very fond of their FW10 collection when I saw the show, but seeing the pieces individually really changed my mind. There are a few nice pieces in there. It was almost as if I was looking at a completely different collection which is unfortunate.
eh.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were do you kop dior jeans cheap.

I want a few pair of the raws.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
yurius leather is caca IMO. suit yourself.

leather or design? I think some of them can be a bit overdesigned but the leather has been pretty amazing on the one's i've handled.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
rick > ccp > julius

yeah, i'd put rick over julius when it comes to overall design and brand direction. when it comes to leather i'm not so sure I agree, I've been somewhat underwhelmed with some rick leathers (possibly because of high expectations due to the praise they usually get on these boards). Note that i'm seriously peasant status so i've actually only handled rick and julius leathers in stores, never owned one myself.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the worst season of rick leathers but typically the design is top notch even when the leather is not.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang

Do they have raws?

I might set up a proxy.

Your in NYC right?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
I wasn't very fond of their FW10 collection when I saw the show, but seeing the pieces individually really changed my mind. There are a few nice pieces in there. It was almost as if I was looking at a completely different collection which is unfortunate.
eh.gif

Yeah thats pretty much what I was trying to say. Looked through all the pieces of the collection over on the Julius threak in SZ and the individual pieces are really great looking, he totally nails the details. For me what makes it really derivative is that he can't tie it all together, styled, as a collection. Rather it's kinda like W+H, were you go "lookbook? lol." and just pick out the individual pieces. Liked quite a few pieces though. The coated knits were nice, and the denim / trousers are always good. Not liking the basic T's, a couple were nice.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m00ba77
I just got this Apolis CPO from a user here on SF.
Brand new, still with tags... but I think it might be too big.
I'm not sure, I'm just wondering what the general consensus is:
Too big?

It looks too big, unfortunately. I have the same shirt and wound up taking it in on the sides. The shoulders are still a little wide, but it fits me well in the body.

Unfortunately, Context seems to have measured this way small.

m00ba77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
It looks too big, unfortunately. I have the same shirt and wound up taking it in on the sides. The shoulders are still a little wide, but it fits me well in the body.

Unfortunately, Context seems to have measured this way small.

What size did you get?

This is a L, which I thought might be too large, but the deal was pretty good and I wanted it... so I took the risk according to the measurements.

Do you remember how much it cost you to have it taken in?
I'm trying to decide whether I want to try and sell it off and just buy a smaller size, or if I should try to have it taken in a bit and keep it. The shoulders are pretty much fine for me as that I have large shoulders...

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fwiw Kunk, i've been scouting the internet for a rick leather for about a week, either molino / high collar / asymmetric. R.O. easily has my favorite leathers (from my very limited experience) , and i love how the leather is treated. I have heard that julius has better leather quality and the specific pieces that me and snake bought are bad ass so
boxing[1].gif
(prob still copping r.o. one day)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads