• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do need to get a watch I can use those straps on. The straps look great.

I'll counter the bad CS story with a good one I had yesterday a little later when I have time.
smile.gif

a-rock

Reaction score
Caved in and bought the red chambray yesterday. I'm call it my sockeye shirt as that's really the best way to describe the color. Yeah it bugs that the shirt is far baggier but I'm wearing the shirt right now and it's about the most freakin' comfortable shirt I own.

The 25% linen does not make it scratchy and if anything I hope it means it'll shrink a bit when I wash and dry it.

Great little details like the selvage redline on the gussets, under the tabs where the hidden button-downs are, and under the buttons on the placket.

Maybe I'll get it tailored but maybe not because it's nice and comfortable as is. Hell, maybe it's meant to be worn this way. Geez, I feel like I'm in PJs.

They need to come out with pants in this material!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody verify if the new madras shirt not listed online is red, white and black or red, white and navy. The buttons look black but the shirt looks navy.

ruslev

Reaction score
Anyone own that waxed pea coat? how is the sizing on it? Need help. Thanks

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Can anybody verify if the new madras shirt not listed online is red, white and black or red, white and navy. The buttons look black but the shirt looks navy.
I know of at least 3 that aren't listed online at the moment. white button, regular pocket. has buttons like regular JCrew dress shirt. white buttons and camp pocket. different type of buttons though... like the ones used on some of the lightweight utility shirts. black buttons and camp pocket. same buttons as above. if this is the one you're referring to, I've got it and it's definitely red-black-white. [pics from Staver's FS threads] Btw, there's also a red-white-black plaid shirt in the lightweight line that might be in-store but not online yet either. Has white dress shirt buttons and button down collar if I recall. Cheaper option than the madras, which was $72.50 ($3 more than the other madras... why???). The lightweight was the standard $59.50.

synovoid

Reaction score
the first one was listed online, guess sold out online now.

synovoid

Reaction score
my retail store has these 1 for $20, damn.

they usually do price match?

Originally Posted by Robert
Dave, my retail store has the bands on sale 2 for $20. You should ask why some store have them for that price.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the last one. Thnx for the clarification.

Originally Posted by a-rock
I know of at least 3 that aren't listed online at the moment.

white button, regular pocket. has buttons like regular JCrew dress shirt.

white buttons and camp pocket. different type of buttons though... like the ones used on some of the lightweight utility shirts.

black buttons and camp pocket. same buttons as above.
if this is the one you're referring to, I've got it and it's definitely red-black-white.

[pics from Staver's FS threads]

Btw, there's also a red-white-black plaid shirt in the lightweight line that might be in-store but not online yet either. Has white dress shirt buttons and button down collar if I recall. Cheaper option than the madras, which was $72.50 ($3 more than the other madras... why???). The lightweight was the standard $59.50.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
What do people think of this as an alternative to the JCrew cadet and utility jackets?

Haven't had any experience with Rugby and there's no stores nearby so if I buy it and want to return, I have to pay for the ship. They don't take returns at RL.

http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?...340&cp=3768060

I think Rugby does free return shipping?

It's nice, but I don't care for the epaulets.

a-rock

Reaction score
Nah they deduct $5 if you use the included return label. RL does the same.

I'm sure the material is more substantial than the JCrew version but I'll probably pass for the time being. If anyone knows they fit Rugby small, that seems to be a great deal.

Alito

Reaction score
Did someone try the regulation peacoat?
I dont know if better buy it on xs or s.

Guus

Reaction score
Hey deveandepot1, how about telling us where that store is located so none of us go and waste our time there.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
if anyone owns the nailhead shirt and red chambray in a M or L, could you please post the shoulder to shoulder and pit to pit chest measurements? i'm trying to figure what size would work best for me, i don't own any jcrew shirts.

i need something with a 21-22" p-t-p and around 18" shoulder measurement

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads