• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to invite you but I was only playing a couple of a games and that was my last.

The ACR can be pretty damn weak with the silencer, but I've been using it a lot because I'm only like 350 kills away from 2500 with it, and I unlocked the fall camo with it. I figure having a silencer and less power > a loud ass gun with more power since I can remain concealed.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
who gives a **** about Fall Camo it's spring time!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah. i think i played 2 games, 1 being stupid ground war with me running around like a banshee with lightweight + marathon, and then it was off to dinner.

i should be online tonight.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, that was a joke. I went like 4-21 because I was the only one trying to capture the HQ while everyone just hid in corners with RPGs. Domination is a lot of fun though.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does Mauro have a ******* 30+% accuracy. jesus christ. i just noticed that last night. mine has been on a steady decline from about 15% down to 13%.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
how does Mauro have a ******* 30+% accuracy. jesus christ. i just noticed that last night. mine has been on a steady decline from about 15% down to 13%.

In my experience, the less you run-and-gun the more accurate you'll be.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is true. he does use the sniper a lot. me, on the other hand, i run around like an idiot

brimley

Reaction score
Also, hardcore sniper accuracy is even higher, since one shot kills anywhere (vs core sniper, leg shot + running target = empty clip).

Since we're flexing nuts, 1.78 K/D w/ 19% accuracy, almost all core TDM with FAMAS and UMP.

Silenced M4/ACR is brutal on core because it hits 20 minimum damage at short range (vs all other ARs with 30 minimum damage). 5 bullet kill with no stopping power/headshot, purely a camping weapon. It's playable on hardcore (2 bullet kill) but everything is playable on hardcore.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyf
Silenced M4/ACR is brutal on core because it hits 20 minimum damage at short range (vs all other ARs with 30 minimum damage). 5 bullet kill with no stopping power/headshot, purely a camping weapon. It's playable on hardcore (2 bullet kill) but everything is playable on hardcore.

Agreed. Really shouldn't silence any gun without above-average damage if you play core. UMP's a great gun to silence, and so is SCAR.

Eccentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Agreed. Really shouldn't silence any gun without above-average damage if you play core. UMP's a great gun to silence, and so is SCAR.

I've been experimenting lately with the silenced FAMAS with stopping power, to great effect. I play mostly core TDM.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eccentric
I've been experimenting lately with the silenced FAMAS with stopping power, to great effect. I play mostly core TDM.

Whoops, I'm always pairing Cold-Blooded and Silencer in my mind. How's your long-range accuracy with that setup?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand this business about the silencer. On the wep stats it says the silencer only changes the wep's range not dmg. Are you sure you guis aren't imagining a drop in dmg?

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
I don't understand this business about the silencer. On the wep stats it says the silencer only changes the wep's range not dmg. Are you sure you guis aren't imagining a drop in dmg?

Weapons have a defined min and max damage (assuming you don't shoot through a wall). Range can be thought of the distance where the damage transitions from max to min. A silencer decreases range in the sense that damage will fall off more quickly.

Ie, I can kill a guy with the FAMAS with two bullet hits out to 50 m, and then it takes three. With a silencer, I can kill a guy with two bullets out to 25 m, and then it takes three.

Eccentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Whoops, I'm always pairing Cold-Blooded and Silencer in my mind. How's your long-range accuracy with that setup?

I know what you mean, that seems a natural pairing, I just thought I would trade Stopping Power for Cold Blooded, and it seems to work very nicely. Long range accuracy is fine, but target aquisition is harder. Damage is slightly reduced, but with FMJ it is countered nicely.

It is perfect for close to medium range in areas where there is a lot of cover, as not appearing on radar when shooting proves to be a strong tactical advantage. Think storming the house on Estate. At those ranges, a single burst usually drops somebody.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads