• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Scooba, those look awful. You're too big for New Cures. If you must stick with APCs, NS's or Rescues would work better with your body type.
If he's big, wouldn't he look better in bigger cut jeans?

Burr130

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
If he's big, wouldn't he look better in bigger cut jeans?

NS and Rescues are a bigger cut jean than NC. But sometimes APCs just don't fit some people well.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burr130
NS and Rescues are a bigger cut jean than NC. But sometimes APCs just don't fit some people well.
I think I might be one of those people. If Levis would get off their ass and make the 514s STF I wouldn't be in this mess
frown.gif

dragonxking

Reaction score
does anyone know when apc's summer line will drop?

stelack

Reaction score
Round about now... some of the women's APC has been posted out already so I guess they guys collection is not far behind. They generally blend the Spring and Summer deliveries a bit but it could take another 4 weeks for it to be complete...

Motorsport226

Reaction score
New to APC's, my raw denim experiments have been limited to Levi's so far.

I've never had to hem jeans, I'm 6'1 and for the type of break I like on my jeans, 32 inseams work perfect.

So my question is do I hem these before I wear them? I would assume so, I just dont wanna **** up my first pair.

Thanks!

taco

Reaction score
I would let them settle before hemming. The inseam may shrink slightly when you wash them. In the meantime, you could cuff them to see how it changes the stacking.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taco
I would let them settle before hemming. The inseam may shrink slightly when you wash them. In the meantime, you could cuff them to see how it changes the stacking.

Yea thats a good point, I considered wearing them cuffed, so now I might just go for that.

Also, how quickly do APC's take to develop nice fades? Levis 501's can look great in a little as 4 months. But i'm thinking APC's might take a little longer.

Thanks!

bma

Reaction score
alright, i got my first pair of ns a week ago in size 29 and have been wearing them pretty much e'erday since then. however, when i tried them on at the store i could only button them up when they were up to the middle-ish of my waist, which is higher than how i'd like to wear them (hurts the nads). so now that they've gotten looser i've moved them a couple inches down but the thighs have stretched out to according to how i wore them before so they look kind of weird. i was just wondering if i soaked them in really hot water or something would they shrink back to what they were when new?

CuffEm

Reaction score
How should I size the APC Petit Standard if I want them to fit like this?

3228188c.jpg

taco

Reaction score
He's sagging so I imagine he sized up from his true waist size to get them to fit like that. Measure your hips where you want to wear them, then buy tagged size -3 that corresponds (2 to account for vanity size and 1 for some stretch).

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bma
alright, i got my first pair of ns a week ago in size 29 and have been wearing them pretty much e'erday since then. however, when i tried them on at the store i could only button them up when they were up to the middle-ish of my waist, which is higher than how i'd like to wear them (hurts the nads). so now that they've gotten looser i've moved them a couple inches down but the thighs have stretched out to according to how i wore them before so they look kind of weird. i was just wondering if i soaked them in really hot water or something would they shrink back to what they were when new?

Not sure they'll shrink that much, and then you'll just be right back where you were before. Have they truly stretched too much, or are you just noticing creases in weird places? If the latter, I'm sure another month of wear will take care of that.

Burr130

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
Not sure they'll shrink that much, and then you'll just be right back where you were before. Have they truly stretched too much, or are you just noticing creases in weird places? If the latter, I'm sure another month of wear will take care of that.

What if he soaked them while wearing them sagged so the waist would be at the right size? I was also wondering about this since i have a slight hip flair going on.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burr130
What if he soaked them while wearing them sagged so the waist would be at the right size? I was also wondering about this since i have a slight hip flair going on.

I'm not sure, that seems complicated/uncomfortable. Thinking about this a bit more, if true stretching (instead of creasing) is the issue, the OP should soak them, then wear them where he wants to leaving a couple buttons open and holding them up with a belt. As he wars them a bit more, everything will fit as it should and he should eventually be able to close the waist. If the soak doesn't work and he just gets a new pair, this would be my break-in strategy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads