• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

krisxone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylenoob718
is that style a standard look? I'm really interested in getting something that looks identical/similar to that..
The jacket was made about 5-6 years back. They're quite hard to find, you might be able to grab one off of ebay. If you're talking about the style of the jacket, I believe it's just styled like a standard moto racer jacket. Check out the TOJ Moto for something similar.

kvnknrd

Reaction score
Me in my ol' faithful. It was THIS CLOSE to being replaced by the Surface 2 Air jacket listed above... but I suppose she'll do. I am very much in love with this jacket, it couldn't be more perfect for me.. esp with the detachable hood. Purchased @ ZARA in Liverpool, UK during the summer ironically. Amazing cut, nice and short. Leather cuffs... almost looks like they took some styling cues from Dior.

Last edited:

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what I was thinking but I just ordered this off Bluefly. Hopefully it will suck and I can return it. . .

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a brown aviator jacket with a detachable fur collar on Saturday. I'll post pictures at the end of the week. In the meantime, is there anything I should do condition the leather? This jacket seems like it could be 40-50 years old and is in good condition, but has a couple cracks here & there.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
^ It's a cool jacket but 1200 is some serious purchasing power and you should look around for Rick or MMM on sale if you're willing to drop that kind of coin.
Would love MMM 5 zip, deff would instakop at a good price.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Would love MMM 5 zip, deff would instakop at a good price.

I almost cried when I found one in suede at C21 for under $400 and then the 48 on the tag turned out to be an American 48.

ffffuuuu.gif

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take any Aero front quarter horsehide jacket.

kvnknrd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Not sure what I was thinking but I just ordered this off Bluefly.
Hopefully it will suck and I can return it. . .

Wow man for that price you could have gotten the real thing, why didn't you since that is a straight up copy of the S2A jacket.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I almost cried when I found one in suede at C21 for under $400 and then the 48 on the tag turned out to be an American 48.

ffffuuuu.gif

Wow an American 48, thats massive.... Thats like XXXL or something. Would love a light to medium grey leather or suede. Suede would be nice. It's definitely a grail kop.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kvnknrd
Wow man for that price you could have gotten the real thing, why didn't you since that is a straight up copy of the S2A jacket.

I'm pretty new to leather jackets.
What's an S2A?
There's a 60 day return policy so I'm not too worried.

stelack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
I'm pretty new to leather jackets. What's an S2A? There's a 60 day return policy so I'm not too worried.
S2A is Surface to Air Paris... This is the jacket he's talking about I think:
STA-KOL-LeatherJacket-1B.jpg
This is a colab they did with Kings of Leon although you wouldn't know if you didn't read the label as it is exactly the same as the normal ones they do.. Really soft leather and will last a life time. http://www.goodstead.co.uk/shop/KOL_Leather_Jacket.html You can get 25% off at the moment by using "LAUNDRY" in the coupon code when checking out so it makes it a pretty good price for a leather jacket.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting.
From the pictures I actually like the look of the PRPS one better though. . .

kvnknrd

Reaction score
I was referring to the one by ppllzz. You can also see the rapper Kid Cudi wearing it in his video for Day N Nite.. just look it up on Youtube and it's on his shoulders within the first 20 seconds.. He's wearing it very small. The coolest part of the jacket is that the inside pockets are colored leather, I think red/orange.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads