• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The dollar v the pound

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Depressing.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 1.92890 USD United States Dollars, Live mid-market rates as of 2005.03.08 20:52:15 UTC.
sad.gif
There goes my H&K purchase. J/k I'm still gonna buy the shirts, even at $90 each they are more than worth it. Jon.

marc37

Reaction score
The Australian dollar has appreciated alot relative to the U.S dollar (especially) and the pound. Your bad news is my good news. Things are much cheaper to buy o/s than they have in years.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Hooray, lets hope the yanky dollar continues to decline.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Australian dollar has appreciated alot relative to the U.S dollar (especially) and the pound. Your bad news is my good news. Things are much cheaper to buy o/s than they have in years.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Hooray, lets hope the yanky dollar continues to decline.
Maybe for a while, but don't count on it in the long term, the Fed will eventually put a halt to the relaxed monetary policy. Jon.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But these are better times (for us)...

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This demands a new poll. How far do you think the pound will slide vs the dollar?

Mountains

Reaction score
Originally Posted by manofstyle
Those were good times.......

Just wait for inflation to kick in here. The Fed has what, more than doubled our monetary base since September 2008? Fun times ahead.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mountains
Just wait for inflation to kick in here. The Fed has what, more than doubled our monetary base since September 2008? Fun times ahead.

What really scares me is that the financial world (still comprising mainly the same "experts" who led us into the mess we're in now) seems to have the same blind confidence in the Fed's theoretical abilities to soak up liquidity now that it had in the Fed's ostensibly magical ability to keep interest rates low indefinitely in the '90s.

I'm considerably less bullish than the current financial industry consensus on the matter. Sooner or later, the inflation chicken is coming home to roost. I don't care how good Bernanke is, and generally speaking, I think he's quite good. He has planted seeds that are probably going to bear some ugly fruit. The question is not whether inflation will kick into overdrive, but rather, to what extent and for how long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads