• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was more referirng to all the ''collabs'' left and right though, unless Quoddy has become some big ass manufacturer overnight.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yep quoddy seems to forgotten they were nearing extinction and have become money hungry.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man the UO collaboration / sellout really ends the SF honeymoon every time
laugh.gif

bsyde82

Reaction score
Does anyone know if quoddy can make a custom order? not in terms of size, but material. I noticed that suede is an option for their chukka, but not for their blucher. I really wanted those SW suede bluchers w/ the brick sole, but I slept on em and my size is now gone.

I'm desperate if you can't tell.

monkeywannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
So does anybody know if the chukka boots run true to size or a half size big?
People on here are saying half size big but SW is saying true to size.
I may just order and return if necessary.

you probably have the answer by now, but in case others are wondering: true to size.

mickeymickey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
Does anyone know if quoddy can make a custom order? not in terms of size, but material. I noticed that suede is an option for their chukka, but not for their blucher. I really wanted those SW suede bluchers w/ the brick sole, but I slept on em and my size is now gone.

I'm desperate if you can't tell.

I was wondering this myself. It says right on their website to contact them if you have any requests. Give them an email and see if it can be done.

b-ill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Yep quoddy seems to forgotten they were nearing extinction and have become money hungry.
How dare they try to turn a profit!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b-ill
How dare they try to turn a profit!

Silly noob not knowing anything about business focusing on short term profits not long term repercussions.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Silly noob not knowing anything about business focusing on short term profits not long term repercussions.
+1 The Americana market will go here, but will stay in Japan. They are ontop of the moc game and really should be planning long term to get over there, rather then derivative brands that have make believe history. Too bad they are just trying to milk it for all its worth while they can.

Ry'on

Reaction score
I too would question some of Quoddy's moves in the last year, but they are obviously trying to take advantage of the market and the current "trend" and who can really blame them.

The fact is, even with UO collaborations, lame new soles available and copying other brands designs - coming up with simple combinations on the classic models like the Bluchers, Canoe Mocs, Boat shoes, Ring Boots etc can't really go wong. The leathers are great, they are super comfortable and as long as you order yours from a real shop you'll get them fast and be happy.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All fair points, however are the people that are going to stick with Americana when it isn't a big trend in a years going to get 'burnt' by Quoddy?

I think that's what Jet was meaning, and I was getting at.

The prices rises are kinda crazy. It's not as if the quality is getting better (correct me if I'm wrong) just that people suddenly want it more. When billykirk did collabs with UO it really soured it for alot of people.

I think what Alden has done will be much more sustainable long term, building great relationships with retailers and the fans, allowing custom orders and facilitating them well etc etc

I believe alot of people will still like Alden as they 'grow up' and get out of the fashion game.

constantine.

Reaction score
I think some of you guys might be reading too much into the UO thing.
If UO orders 30 pairs of a Quoddy shoe in custom style, how is that any different than when South Willard or Blackbird does the same?
They won't really be introducing Quoddy to a larger audience (most UO consumers buy cheap ****), much like the Filson collab didn't change anything.
Quoddy doesn't have a brand cache that's marketed as an "exclusive" brand (even if it is a pain ********** to buy them sometimes), so I can't image long term repercussions here, assuming the quality stays the same.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't care what stores Quoddy chooses to sell to - that has almost no bearing on whether I buy them or not. It just bothers me that the prices have doubled. In a couple years, when the former dunk collectors move on to something else, are old school New Englanders gonna spend $200 on a pair of mocs? At this point, I'd just as soon get a pair of $45 mocs from Minnetonka.

bsyde82

Reaction score
So I emailed Quoddy and they got back to me within 20 minutes surprisingly. Anyways, according to this customer service rep, they CAN make a custom order...i.e. make a blucher w/ suede despite it not being listed as an option on their website.

anyone know then if the south willard collabo added anything else? besides the imprint of their name? was it a custom suede color?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads