• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Boat Shoe/Related Shoes Thread

Henryyy

Reaction score
http://www.zappos.com/sperry-top-sid...2-eye-red-navy Thoughts? I don't want to go generic with black/navy/brown... thought I'd pick something with more "pop" Those red RL's are still very nice, though.
frown.gif
Too bad I can't find them anywhere!

Guus

Reaction score
Anyone watch "How to make it in America" tonight? If so, did you see the boat shoes the store owner was rockin? Hilarious!

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
Second. I never break my topsiders out until I can wear them comfortably without socks (read: temp is high enough). A friend of mine, however wears them throughout the winter
facepalm.gif

I try not to say this more than a few times a year, so as not to be tedious: the notion of wearing shoes without socks really freaks me out. Your foot just rubs around on the inside, without a soft, comfortable cotton covering. It's like... I don't know, like wearing a denim jacket without a shirt under it or something.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
I try not to say this more than a few times a year, so as not to be tedious: the notion of wearing shoes without socks really freaks me out. Your foot just rubs around on the inside, without a soft, comfortable cotton covering. It's like... I don't know, like wearing a denim jacket without a shirt under it or something.

Different strokes, man. I think that wearing topsiders with socks, esp. when you're wearing shorts, just looks foolish. I don't find it uncomfortable at all
peepwall[1].gif

dmass1

Reaction score
which boat shoes look the best with shorts? I think the lower/sleeker the profile, the better they will probably look with shorts, but what do you guys think are the most versatile colors for wearing in the summer?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brown/burgundy ish timberland (very nice quality leatherz)
bean blucher mocs´
bean camp mocs

is where im at. Wouldnt minde some crazy red shoes either, but bland brown is easy.

jaac

Reaction score
just kopped grey version of those ^, not to worried about the suede, they aren't dress shoes just beat them up abit.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dznqbit
these blue suede sperry's caught my eye but I have a feeling that suede & boat shoe has some functional distortion I just love the red sole wit da blue suede
cool.gif

quoddy-masleet-oxford-main.jpg
probably better put together and you won't have such a dilema either

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads