• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

seany

Reaction score
Dls6128, this is my fit pic....too much J.Crew workwear?
1969176.jpg
1969160.jpg
1969158.jpg

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
The last thing this forum needs is more groupthink. I'm not going to dress like Uncontrol, SoCal or sq4you but at least I get to see a fit with something other than J.Crew workwear lookbook pics. Even for people who wear relatively conventional clothing (myself included) there's a lot to learn from those alternative styles.

well said

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, you've got to be wearing a half-zip sweater over that chambray with a pair of relaxed cargo shorts to make it into their catalog these days. (0)

seany

Reaction score
laugh.gif
Good looks snake.

I don't really hate the J.Crew look, I just hate flannel + raw denim + boot look now. It's overdone IMO.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lol, a lot of fierce tempers in this thread today, good reading

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
uhhhh
1 plate = 135, 1 plate on each side of a 45 lb bar.
Originally Posted by seany
Dls6128, this is my fit pic....too much J.Crew workwear?
1969176.jpg

casual/tie (not casual tie) fail. tuck in the shirt or lose the tie. Try using it as a garrote to kill Kent Money. (Or if you're going fanfic, use it as a gag while you hold him down on the loading dock floor with your muscular forearms)

reprehensible

Reaction score
The last thing this forum needs is more groupthink. I'm not going to dress like Uncontrol, SoCal or sq4you but at least I get to see a fit with something other than J.Crew workwear lookbook pics. Even for people who wear relatively conventional clothing (myself included) there's a lot to learn from those alternative styles.

I'd take a slightly different line, and say that it's always interesting/enjoyable to see contributions from anyone with a definite vision, reasonable ability to pull it off, and decent photographs.

It's perfectly fine to see contributions from those lacking in one or two of those areas (hi), as well, even if it's not very notable. Looking at pictures doesn't take very long, and I like the idea of people posting pictures as a natural part of participating in the forum. Provides context.

I mean really, what's the harm people posting whatever they feel?

The only thing that I think is actively bad are things that are just across-the-board lame. The why-are-you-here pictures. Cell-phone shots of badly-sized J. Crew, taken in a dirty mirror.

otter

Reaction score
The last thing this forum needs is more groupthink. I'm not going to dress like Uncontrol, SoCal or sq4you

especially sq4you

saelan

Reaction score
First waywt since I migrated over here from sufu a while back.

4396864133_3467008fca.jpg

4396865553_1c9409ac71.jpg

h&m toque
W+H mk-2
NDG scarf
EG chambray
dunderdon sweater
hope chinos
vintage RL moc-toes

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thks snake and sq4you

Originally Posted by Eason
lol, a lot of fierce tempers in this thread today, good reading

the **** is hilarious

the random thoughts thread has also gotten unusually random today. The latest page is a gold mine of free association lunacy.

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I only remember one of his fits (black margiela knit and lanvins) but it looked pretty nice to me. Don't know the hate
confused.gif

valid point

maybe its the residual resentment as my wife is depriving me of backdoor romance lately

seany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
1 plate = 135, 1 plate on each side of a 45 lb bar.

casual/tie (not casual tie) fail. tuck in the shirt or lose the tie. Try using it as a garrote to kill Kent Money. (Or if you're going fanfic, use it as a gag while you hold him down on the loading dock floor with your muscular forearms)

It's impossible to pull off a tie w. a shirt untucked ? Just asking, cause for the most part I hate tucking in my shirts and thought the chambray should be given a more relaxed look. Thanks for the info though Eason. Your looks are always spotless.

otter

Reaction score
seany, its always best to avoid the use of flash as it makes great fits look mediocre

saelan

Reaction score
i'm also pretty opposed to a tie with an untucked shirt. i think you can get away with undoing your top button from time to time, but if the collar's a BD and you're wearing a tie, I think you'll want to keep it buttoned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads