• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I've spend more time than I care to admit envisioning Tagut in some dark little pool hall, leaning over a table and slowly sliding that pool cue through his strong, sensitive fingers.
redface.gif

SF fanfic thread, anyone?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917
Nice weight man. What are your other lfts looking like?

I weigh 155-160 and only my squat is pretty nice. I suck at deadlifting so it's a little LESS than my squat, bench is a little more than 2 plates, military press is 1 plate. I think as long as people eat enough calories and protein, getting up to those numbers within a couple years shouldn't be a problem.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I've spend more time than I care to admit envisioning Tagut in some dark little pool hall, leaning over a table and slowly sliding that pool cue through his strong, sensitive fingers.
redface.gif

Oh dear, yet another SFer has fallen madly in love with me!

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between joining the squat conversation or the socal/kix debate.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
SF fanfic thread, anyone?

What's creepy is that some random internet stranger inserted my full name into a Roswell fanfic.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewt...=7879&start=50

"Class! When everyone is talking, no one is talking. One at a time. Mr. Parker," he said, addressing Peter. "What are you going to be for Halloween?"

The entire class held its breath, waiting to see if Peter would answer. One's costume was generally a closely guarded secret, known only to one's closest friends and revealed no earlier than Halloween night. Unless someone spilled, of course, which happened all the time.

Peter, it turned out, was a 'spiller'. "An alien," he answered promptly, to general gasps from the class. Anthony shot Dee a look, then quickly returned his eyes to the front of the classroom.

"I'm an alien too!" Robert Caponi exclaimed.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Duh. Exactly.
I'm paying a slightly higher premium for my costumes than the other's here who want to look like a fisherman, lumber jack or "regular" guy.

What's your costume though?

"fashion whore"? I wonder what's mine...

seany

Reaction score
I was thinking of posting a fit pic, but relized I would much rather read about squats and kix/socal arguement. =/

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
crackup[1].gif

Though it's closer to the truth than I care to admit. Also, your last WAYWT was ACE. I loved that series of photos.

The other day:

DSC_0005-3.jpg

Marc Jacobs collection top coat
Lanvin double collar shirt
Ann Demeulemeester virgin wool pants
Fiorentini & Baker boots

This is good.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I'm torn between joing the squat conversation or the socal/kix debate.

Combine them. Better yet, imagine a squat competition them. I think there would be a tie at which point they would collapse onto the floor next to each other. Contemporary and Flamboyant men glistening with sweat, staring into each others eyes across the hardwood gym floor.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
Great, why don't you be his date to the next BUTT party in NYC.

http://www.****-neurotic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/011.jpg

Butt is an excellent magazine and it's not like I'm into the main trust, so to speak, of the publication. There has been some excellent work that came out of there and was later published (photography).

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
open your fuckin eyes man.

Can we PLEASE divide "Streetwear" into two directories? One for Flamboyant dressing, the other for Contemporary Masculine dressing?

Contemporary: socal's fits are recent
masculine: he's a dude and mostly wear typical masculine pieces (leather jackets, pants and jeans, boots, some tees) skirts are the exception.
dressing: well he's not naked.

The colour he wears are also relatively neutral most of the time.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Butt is an excellent magazine and it's not like I'm into the main trust, so to speak, of the publication. There has been some excellent work that came out of there and was later published (photography).
What do you think about Fantastic Man?

I have often thought of producing my own magazine. Every issue would have solid copper covers.

dls6128

Reaction score
The last thing this forum needs is more groupthink. I'm not going to dress like Uncontrol, SoCal or sq4you but at least I get to see a fit with something other than J.Crew workwear lookbook pics. Even for people who wear relatively conventional clothing (myself included) there's a lot to learn from those alternative styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads