• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I don't believe you mean this, it's a wind up and your being obnoxious, right? You're the master of purchasing head to toe outfits from the same designer, yes? I've said this before and I'll say it again you're unable to create your own style, only purchase head to toe looks from the same designer seasonally to mask your inability to step out and trust your own instincts. There's more style in Kix's shoe's and pant roll than your entire wardrobe homey
smile.gif

Can't say I agree with you. Wearing one designer head to toe doesn't equate to having a lack of style. If he were to throw a single piece of Raf in his otherwise RO fit, would that suddenly make him stylish? Both socal and kix are able to pull off their outfits well in completely different manners. There's no "better" but rather just "different". I will say however, that socals fits seem more natural and less costumey compared to kix's, if that makes any sense.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
Yeah i agree with you. i'm just saying why i disagree with rye.

aside from the extremely avante gard stuff like the heels, skirts and dress-like pieces that socal sometimes wears, id say he looks a million times cooler than kixslf. socal has swag. you can easily envision him waking up, pulling the yellow balmain jeans (that might have been partially hanging out of a drawer) onto himself, hopping in his boots, throwing on the grey hoodie, grabbing his wallet and phone from the bedside table which may or may not be littered with all sorts of parisian magazines, and heading out the door as he reaches for his leather jacket. kixslf is just over-engineering in front of the mirror....so much so that it starts to look ridiculous.

crackup[1].gif

hahahah

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
ive never gotten the love for kixselfs fits. a lot of stuff that fits badly/makes him look ridiculously disproportionate, and a lot of flavor of the month fashion trends produce by random streetwear brands.

im also not a fan of the kind of incestual relationship between some of the fashion blogs/brands and i think his stuff represents that. hard to remain objective when you're selling ****..

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
how tall are you? you're just a few pounds over what I weigh

nearly 5 '11

phildo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
I'm gonna have to disagree with you (for once) rye.

i would take hanging with this guy --v over this guy -----------------------------------------v any day of the week.

Great, why don't you be his date to the next BUTT party in NYC.

http://www.****-neurotic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/011.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
edit: ^^^ holy ****, look at those drumsticks.

WTF all of you are smaller/lighter than I thought. I thought pee was 185+, Aeglus, I thought you were 170+. I guess clothing forums are for smaller people.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Can't say I agree with you. Wearing one designer head to toe doesn't equate to having a lack of style. If he were to throw a single piece of Raf in his otherwise RO fit, would that suddenly make him stylish? Both socal and kix are able to pull off their outfits well in completely different manners. There's no "better" but rather just "different". I will say however, that socals fits seem more natural and less costumey compared to kix's, if that makes any sense.
It doesn't. Double
crackup[1].gif
So a TB skirt or yellow balmain jeans are natural and not contrived and less costumey......

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
man if I weighed 20 more pounds I'd be fuckin jacked

give me a few more years, still can't do much more than 4 plate squats

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
im also not a fan of the kind of incestual relationship between some of the fashion blogs/brands and i think his stuff represents that. hard to remain objective when you're selling ****..

One of your better posts in awhile.

This is a big sticking point for me, IMO ACL is the worst with those silly oxfords.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
It doesn't.

Double
crackup[1].gif

So a TB skirt or yellow balmain jeans are natural and not contrived and less costumey......

In the sense that socal looks more natural in his clothes than kix does in his, yes.

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
man if I weighed 20 more pounds I'd be fuckin jacked

give me a few more years

you have a totally different structure than me,

you have to avoid looking like a rectangle

otter

Reaction score
never gotten the love for kixselfs fits. a lot of stuff that fits badly/makes him look ridiculously disproportionate
i think the tapered jeans/pants plus the cuffs just exaggerate his potato like silhouette, saying that, i do like some of his fits

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
In the sense that socal looks more natural in his clothes than kix does in his, yes.
open your fuckin eyes man. Can we PLEASE divide "Streetwear" into two directories? One for Flamboyant dressing, the other for Contemporary Masculine dressing?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
ive never gotten the love for kixselfs fits. a lot of stuff that fits badly/makes him look ridiculously disproportionate, and a lot of flavor of the month fashion trends produce by random streetwear brands.

*Talks about Farinelli's*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads