• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
**** i am in love with the olive daypack... dunno if i'd have any real use for it though. Boo. :/

Beautiful to look at but I def feel it is far too lux for me. I couldn't do it justice. Maybe fit pix will change my perception over time.

I'd probably get mugged for it in under a month, though.

pekklemon

Reaction score
come on people! please make the washed lamb backpack happen!
worship2.gif

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe this was said, and I know orders for MA-1s are being taken now, but what is the latest date that I can submit my order for this run of MA-1s?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
If I was still in college I would cop it instantly to style around campus. Getting caught in the rain would suck tho

you can always give these a spray with that suede shoe treatment that gives suede some water repellancy. I am enjoying the way my black suede sample is aging, I love the look of distressed, matted suede.

Originally Posted by Kent Money
maybe this was said, and I know orders for MA-1s are being taken now, but what is the latest date that I can submit my order for this run of MA-1s?

MA-1's are still being made and I don't know when I'll cut them off, he hasn't finished the first ones yet. He's really slow. I am not sure if you will fit in this one Kent Money, it's really slim, like the first TOJ jackets, it's based on the same pattern that I made 8 months ago when I just started everything, with some tweaks.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The suede daypacks are going out to their owners soon; it's a national holiday here tomorrow (Korea has like 5 independence days, and who said Koreans were obsessive) so they will go out on Tuesday. WHITE OCBDs are here and for order. Same size chart as before: http://graphr.net/toj Keep in mind they do shrink in a wash, the fabric is raw. Same as the black shirts, but we made the collars a bit smaller this time. We only have sizes XS, L, and XXL left in the blacks, full size run on the whites, but limited in quantity, over 30 are gone already. Plaid is up next, it'll be white and red based tartan. After that, back to oxford cloth.

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
The suede daypacks are going out to their owners soon; it's a national holiday here tomorrow (Korea has like 5 independence days, and who said Koreans were obsessive) so they will go out on Tuesday.

WHITE OCBDs are here and for order. Same size chart as before:

http://graphr.net/toj

Keep in mind they do shrink in a wash, the fabric is raw. Same as the black shirts, but we made the collars a bit smaller this time. We only have sizes XS, L, and XXL left in the blacks, full size run on the whites, but limited in quantity, over 30 are gone already.
Plaid is up next, it'll be white and red based tartan. After that, back to oxford cloth.

Any chance of a picture of the white ocbds?

c00kz

Reaction score
Are the lamb packs (if they're done) only black?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
stop it. Some prorsum trenches are rubberized silk too
wink.gif
the classic burerry trench though is a poly cotton mix and I love it because even if I get soaked, it dries off in like one night and keeps me dry. A 100% cotton trench would be useless.

It was a joke
facepalm.gif
If you do the messengers in the colored suede
bounce2.gif
I can only imagine how badass a teal messenger would be

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
you can always give these a spray with that suede shoe treatment that gives suede some water repellancy. I am enjoying the way my black suede sample is aging, I love the look of distressed, matted suede.

MA-1's are still being made and I don't know when I'll cut them off, he hasn't finished the first ones yet. He's really slow. I am not sure if you will fit in this one Kent Money, it's really slim, like the first TOJ jackets, it's based on the same pattern that I made 8 months ago when I just started everything, with some tweaks.

Is the original MA-1's that are back up for order the same one that willy cheesesteak posted a fit pic of? The mostly black w white cuff/hem trim? Or was that a diff revision?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Is the original MA-1's that are back up for order the same one that willy cheesesteak posted a fit pic of? The mostly black w white cuff/hem trim? Or was that a diff revision?
...That was a varsity. This is an MA1
wv1y01.jpg

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the TOJ10 was a varsity and MA-1 on the reverse side, they should be different.

You're breaking my heart Drew, no possibilities for a MTM blue one?

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, first I've heard of the oxford and I'm pretty excited, but wondering whether I'd be able to fit that black L. The pre-wash/diff p2p system is confusing me; anybody want to give me a quick sizing tip?

I usually look for shirts w/ at least 20.5" p2p measurements taken right at the bottom of the armhole. I'm a slightly chubby ~39" chest. Would M or L work better?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
how tall are you? I think our shirts run a tiny smidge long in the body and sleeves compared to the average shirt, but at the same time, they are not constrictingly tight. You could probably do the M if you like it fitted. I measure my p2p the same way btw, and shrinkage is more vertical than horizontal; it amounts to about a half inch in the height of the shirt after a shrink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads