• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highly Underrated/Unknown Movies

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody remember The Legend of Hell House? Is it as good as I remember? I bet I haven't seen it in twenty or more years.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Does anybody remember The Legend of Hell House? Is it as good as I remember? I bet I haven't seen it in twenty or more years.
With Roddy McDowell? If so, is awesome. I get all the variants/sequels/remakes confused.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Streetsposterart.jpg

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
With Roddy McDowell?

If so, is awesome. I get all the variants/sequels/remakes confused.

Yes, that one. Maybe I'll have to check it out again...assuming I can find it around here, of course.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if its been mentioned but I thought 'Little Ashes' was a great movie.

PITAronin

Reaction score
John Sayles' Return of the Secaucus Seven (made for peanuts and a great contrast with The Big Chill which came a few years later and addresses the same basic concept but with a slicker and more amoral sensibility) And, for that matter, Sayles film Lone Star is well worth checking out as well (as is Matewan and several of his other films including The Secret of Roan Inish). Yeah - there's a reason this guy has gotten a McArthur genius grant.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Streetsposterart.jpg

oh Diane...
inlove.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
oh Diane...
inlove.gif

Seriously hot. As hot as she was, I thought it was really weird that she was singing Meatloaf songs.
smile.gif

The Sorels were badass though. And of course, the only actual band in the movie, The Blasters!

Simon Templar

Reaction score
With Roddy McDowell?

If so, is awesome. I get all the variants/sequels/remakes confused.

The 60's were the high point for the horror genre. Hammer, Amicus, Tigon, British Lion etc.

There will never be anything like it again even though there is talk that Hammer will be resurrected and start releasing feature films.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Seriously hot. As hot as she was, I thought it was really weird that she was singing Meatloaf songs.
smile.gif

The Sorels were badass though. And of course, the only actual band in the movie, The Blasters!

it broke my heart to find out the song the sorels were singing was actually sung by the dude who did the disco classic 'instant replay', and he's white!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
it broke my heart to find out the song the sorels were singing was actually sung by the dude who did the disco classic 'instant replay', and he's white!

I don't think the acapella on the bus was, but I could be wrong.

kodos

Reaction score
Hi.. im new here...
But I am ABSOLUTELY STRUGGLING trying to figure out this movie that i watched in the 80s when I was a younger kid.. This is the description someone PLEASE reply if you have ANY idea of what it is. It is a comedy... might even be spoof movie.

There 2 main characters... they are heading to this castle to save someone... The get this flying carpet that answers to the words YA WANNA POO POO... They summon witches by doing a song and dance. but they keep doing the wrong one and summon the bad witch.. I blieve one of the characters is a jester... They get to the castle where everything is GIANT SIZED and see a giant shaddow warning them to leave.... They eventually find out this giant was an old man behind a curtain with a light and cut out cardboard giant and used a megaphone type device to sound loud.

PLEase help me out here! thanks. I know it sounds ridiculous. but was a part of my childhood. lol

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
This thread begins, and mostly ends, with Dark City

Not really. It is appropriately rated and known.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man on Fire

duration

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Infernal Affairs ... the original HK movie that Brad Pitt later optioned, that became The Departed. Excellent buddy movie, if you don't mind subtitles.

Yeah... what's up with the Hollywood remake? I think Infernal Affairs 1 was good. 2 and 3 was kinda strange and drawn out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads