• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, it's the end of February and this thread already has 134 pages. Why JCrew does not have an official spokesperson in this thread, i'll never know...

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bought the cadet jacket today. One of the best non-collab jackets J Crew has done in a long while.

Alito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Bought the cadet jacket today. One of the best non-collab jackets J Crew has done in a long while.

Can you post pictures of the cadet jacket?

kaizoku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
though, for some reason jcrew insists on having like ten different cuts and four to five colors for each.

You are complaining that jcrew offers a wide variety of items. Really?

dunelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Wow, it's the end of February and this thread already has 134 pages. Why JCrew does not have an official spokesperson in this thread, i'll never know...

i linked jack to this thread, he's probably LURKING

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
By saying "mostly leg", did you mean large thighs?
If so, that's my concern with patterned pants too.

My thighs are a little on the thick side, but not too thick. I was more referring to having relatively long legs, and thus there just being more plaid there as a result. I tried the pants on today and liked them, but have to go to a different store for the right size.

racknac

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the Red Chambray and another Madaras shirt.... i swear i've bought almost half of their shirts this season.

Guus

Reaction score
UPDATE:

A couple of weeks ago, a poster asked how well the Cotton Surplus sweater held and I can say it does very well. It has not piled up and I suspect it won't.

Foblander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
The Mens Shop was packed as hell when I got there. It's a very small J.Crew but there must have been about 8- diffrent workers there all helping people. The extra small red sun-faded chambray fits me perfectly. Very happy with the purchase.

What are your measurements? Thanks

synovoid

Reaction score
I've bought 10 j crew shirts since last fall. ..

Originally Posted by racknac
Just pulled the trigger on the Red Chambray and another Madaras shirt.... i swear i've bought almost half of their shirts this season.

synovoid

Reaction score
the coastal plaid shirt does look different in store, but it's still a nice shirt and I bought it.

Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
The coastal plaid looks nice but I can't pull the trigger especially you mentioned they are somewhat different from online images.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
I've bought 10 j crew shirts since last fall. ..
Nah, I resent to remember how many I've purchased since last fall.
It's just a number, you know, like age.
bounce2.gif

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
My thighs are a little on the thick side, but not too thick. I was more referring to having relatively long legs, and thus there just being more plaid there as a result. I tried the pants on today and liked them, but have to go to a different store for the right size.

Having long legs is not an issue at all compared with having large thighs that even regular fits sometimes actually don't fit. So I have to avoid any patterned pants.
That sucks.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the wool university coat? What is the fit like?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads