• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody Got Their Chan Clothes Yet?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an e-mail this morning from Mr. Kok at Chan saying that my blazer would be shipped to their agent on Tuesday, and I should be getting it within the week.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I got an e-mail this morning from Mr. Kok at Chan saying that my blazer would be shipped to their agent on Tuesday, and I should be getting it within the week.

Sounds good. What happened to Poon? I no longer have any correspondences with her.

Chan is pretty good at meeting early delivery requests. I have a wedding to attend in about a couple of hours and asked if my suit ordered in November can arrive before today. Got it about 3 weeks ago. Not sure if that's a good thing because now I have to see Patrick again in March to address my divots!! On both sides!! I was hoping by the 5th suit at least that issue would be taken care of. And...i received 2 button instead of my requested 3-roll 2. Ughh. Would have preferred a late jacket to one with no issues. Oh well...

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Kok has replaced Ms. Poon, which was the occasion of some puerile humor back when it took place a year or so ago.

Sorry to hear about your problems. These screw-ups do occur occasionally. I think language may sometimes be a problem. On the summer tour I ordered two jackets: one a 3-roll-2, the other a two-button. Both arrived as 3-roll-2s. Actually, this is fine with me. Patrick has decided 3-roll-2 suits me better and decreed my coming jacket will be a 3-roll-2. I am planning to order a tan tropical style suit on the March visit and want it to be a 3-roll-2 with patch pockets.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
I am also using Davies and Henry Poole at the moment. Need to get around if I'm going to have things to write about.

I use Mahon for DBs, and Chan for warm weather clothes. Plenty of photos of both on ASW.

How did you go about making this decision - Mahon for DBs and Chan for warm weather? Or will it be another blog post?

One reason I'm hesitant to try someone else is b/c it takes repeat commissions for the best results and the GBP is pricey.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Sounds good. What happened to Poon? I no longer have any correspondences with her.

Chan is pretty good at meeting early delivery requests. I have a wedding to attend in about a couple of hours and asked if my suit ordered in November can arrive before today. Got it about 3 weeks ago. Not sure if that's a good thing because now I have to see Patrick again in March to address my divots!! On both sides!! I was hoping by the 5th suit at least that issue would be taken care of. And...i received 2 button instead of my requested 3-roll 2. Ughh. Would have preferred a late jacket to one with no issues. Oh well...

This is really inexcusable to me, while I have some leeway with Chan in fixing fit issues, there is no excuse for getting the order wrong. I would make them change it.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order in December for an overcoat, for which I'm to have a fitting on the March tour. Yesterday, I received an e-mail that it will be sent FedEx on March 2nd.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
This is really inexcusable to me, while I have some leeway with Chan in fixing fit issues, there is no excuse for getting the order wrong. I would make them change it.

They're good about fixes, and I give more leeway since I asked for an expedited order and have the tendency to change other minor details via e-mail after my meetings with Patrick. But the 3 roll 2 vs. 2 was just an error, but first real one I've had.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
I placed an order in December for an overcoat, for which I'm to have a fitting on the March tour. Yesterday, I received an e-mail that it will be sent FedEx on March 2nd.

Arrived today.

JT82

Reaction score
^ great news! I'm still waiting for my fresco blazer. Hopefully today or tomorrow. What, generally, does Chan run for an overcoat?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JT82
^ great news! I'm still waiting for my fresco blazer. Hopefully today or tomorrow. What, generally, does Chan run for an overcoat?

I used a herringbone from Minnis (#JJ2010), and it ran $1,554.00 plus an additional $100 for the fitting.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Mr. Kok has replaced Ms. Poon, which was the occasion of some puerile humor back when it took place a year or so ago.

I missed that 1st time around.
laugh.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
I used a herringbone from Minnis (#JJ2010), and it ran $1,554.00 plus an additional $100 for the fitting.

Do you mind sharing a picture of the coat?

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear when they will send my jacket order to their US agent. I decided not to meet withi them this month since I don't think I will receive the jacket in time.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my jacket today. It's a summer blazer made from Harrison's Frontier. I just gave it preliminary steaming and am letting it hang out for awhile. Then I'll see where especially to steam it some more. Being a lightweight fabric, it was more wrinkled than many of the Chan items I have pulled from the FedEx boxes. Overall, very satisfactory for fit and workmanship, as always.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads