• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Mine, too, but oddly, I rarely reach for them when I'm looking for a shoe to wear.

cwh812

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blake686
A little before SF and after SF comparison. It has been about 6 months since I joined (and I have bought and sold about 5 pairs that didn't fit correctly). Sorry for the crappy pics, not the best photogropher or camera.

Before...Hide your eyes, a lot of Kenneth Cole
IMG_0632.jpg

After...
IMG_0640.jpg

Bottom (L to R): Barker Black Archdale in Antique Chestnut, Barker Black Archdale in Black, Barker Blake Harboros in Burgundy, Barker Bacl Harboros in Mahogany
Top (L to R): Grenson Masterpice for Paul Stuart Timothy in Cognac, Allen Edmonds Delray in Chili, John Lobb Ashley in A Chocolate Brown, John Lobb Towcester in Black

That's great. I've had a similar transformation, but over the course of 3.5 years.

I went from Kenneth Coles (probably the same models as yours) in '06 and '07 and then "updgraded" to Ferragamos studio line (I had probably 5 pairs) along with Cole Haan's and a pair of Gucci loafers - these are the shoes most people I work with wear. I found StyleForum about a year ago. I now have two pairs of EG's (and another on order), a pair of C&J's and a pair of Sutors for Borrelli - obviously still building my collection.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Where'd you score the Birmighams?

The Rack.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
wow.gif

See any size 12?

I don't recall...but that doesn't mean much.

I can check though, as I may be going this weekend....we'll see.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posted from Balmoral Boots:

My 2c (and counting).

All feedback welcome.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I like them, but they seem taller than most other high boots I see.

Blake686

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cwh812
That's great. I've had a similar transformation, but over the course of 3.5 years.

I went from Kenneth Coles (probably the same models as yours) in '06 and '07 and then "updgraded" to Ferragamos studio line (I had probably 5 pairs) along with Cole Haan's and a pair of Gucci loafers - these are the shoes most people I work with wear. I found StyleForum about a year ago. I now have two pairs of EG's (and another on order), a pair of C&J's and a pair of Sutors for Borrelli - obviously still building my collection.

Sounds great! Lets see pictures!

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CUSS! I think I may know why I had excess luggage..
8-23.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads