• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pregnancy Entrapment - What are your legal rights, if any?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
So you all use condoms with your girlfriends?

It's stupid not to. Given typical use (not perfect use), you have a 5% chance of getting a girl on the pill pregnant. I'm definitely not comfortable with those odds.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
It's stupid not to. Given typical use (not perfect use), you have a 5% chance of getting a girl on the pill pregnant. I'm definitely not comfortable with those odds.

Typical people are marsupialed...my girlfriends have always let me know when they've missed a pill or taken one much later than the usual time.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess you're more trusting than I. To me, it's just not worth any risk, even 1-2%. My feelings would be different were I planning on marrying the girl anyway.

Milpool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Typical people are marsupialed...my girlfriends have always let me know when they've missed a pill or taken one much later than the usual time.

I had a girlfriend that could never remember to take her pill on time. Really no choice with her.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

5%? I don't think so. My wife is on the pill and has been for the past 3 years. We've (obviously) had sex hundreds of times and she has never gotten pregnant.

I think the % chance of getting pregnant on the pill is more like 1%. Of course I have no real proof (but you provided none either!).
teacha.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
5%? I don't think so. My wife is on the pill and has been for the past 3 years. We've (obviously) had sex hundreds of times and she has never gotten pregnant.

I think the % chance of getting pregnant on the pill is more like 1%. Of course I have no real proof (but you provided none either!).
teacha.gif

SHE'S BARREN!!!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
5%? I don't think so. My wife is on the pill and has been for the past 3 years. We've (obviously) had sex hundreds of times and she has never gotten pregnant. I think the % chance of getting pregnant on the pill is more like 1%. Of course I have no real proof (but you provided none either!).
teacha.gif

With perfect use and depending on what pill you're on, they're 98-99% effective. Many women miss pills, or don't take them at the same time every day on occasion, which is why the TYPICAL effectiveness is lower. CDC says between 92-99% Anyway, thanks for proving my point about the ignorance that surrounds these issues.
teacha.gif

aKula

Reaction score
Remember those figures are usually for a year of typical use not ********** just once.

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Vasectomy FTW. Best $750 I ever spent.

this.

nicad2000

Reaction score
Yeah, any young guys getting vasectomies these days? I've seriously thought about it as I have no intention of ever having children.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ A lot of guys say that in their 20s. Vasectomies are reversible but like anything, there are no guarantees, which is obviously why doctors don't recommend them to men that haven't had children.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
It is not!

Child support payments are non dischargeable in a bankruptcy. Sort of like student loans.

He's screwed.

Originally Posted by Thomas
Ehm, I know of two people who have dodged work in order to not have income, which means no child support garnishments (cause ya can't get blood from a turnip). One kept switching jobs as soon as the garnishment order arrived at his workplace.

FWIW - One of these two has since become a decent father, some 8 years after this epidose.

Originally Posted by Ataturk
That's a how-to for getting thrown in jail for contempt. But don't worry, the judge will probably let him out for a week or so every couple months to try to find a job.

Originally Posted by Thomas
Jeez, now you're reminding me of another friend who had a hellish time trying to get money from her ex. I'm a bit dodgy on the details, but as I'm told the guy was not legal (in Texas???) and got paid in cash. Always four-figures behind, and his wife would haul him into court - every time they'd negotiate something for maybe 10 cents on the dollar and call it even until next time.

I'd be more indignant about it all but she is a bit of a shrew at times so I don't think she's entirely blameless.

Bottom line is as I said.

Child support is similar to student loans.

It cannot be discharged in a bankruptcy. Sure, someone can try to dodge payments indefinitely or live on a cash basis and claim poverty ( while risking jail time for non payment ) but generally it will bite you ********** at one point.

I remember recently reading that former Houston Rocket, Vernon Maxwell ( who made many millions in his career ), went to jail for non payment of child support. A sad and recurring problem.

One way to avoid payment of child support would be to commit suicide! But if your estate has any funds in it, then the family courts could go after it
frown.gif

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
No judge would actually force a guy to pay child support if it was clear he was tricked into it.

Wrong.

Welcome to America.

Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Mother sat me down for a similar talk in my early teens. Scared the daylights out of me and left a lasting impression.

Same here, at least one of her best friends growing up did this to a guy to get out of her town/situation.

The guy in the OP's situation is fucked. Especially since he's in Ga; from what I've seen, the courts are heavily skewed towards women and mothers/children. Even if she's completely in the wrong, they will rule in her favor to protect the child. Not saying that bringing in a dozen guys that swears she's a conniving ***** won't help him in any way, but he should be practicing how to grab his ankles right about now...

Funny thing, too: I've had two crazy bitches try this on me. The first was a long-term girlfriend that wanted to start a family way too young. Second was a smoking hot freak that was bi, married, and claimed she had her tubes tied. That was a hard one to think clearly with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads