• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone has the alden roy boot from context. i need a plaintoe boot. so i am close to pulling the trigger on the pre-order. so anyone who has these please post a fit pic or any pic thanks.

racknac

Reaction score
Just received my JCrew Alden Indys in 10.5 D. I normally wear 10.5 in other shoes. Just wondering how tight the boot should feel like the first time? Currently its not super tight, but not loose either, I can wiggle my toes but don't know if I should go down to a 10 D with the expectation that these boots will loosen up?

Sorry if these questions sound stupid, but I've never worn boots living in Southern California... thanks in advance.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Size down 1/2 from your true size. I've heard of people sizing down a whole size for Indy Boots or other Trubalance shoes, but in my experience go down one half. You're talking about the regular brown Indy Boot, right?

Well I'm not sure what my true size is? I wear 10 in sperry 9.5 in clarks and 9 in chucks? Chucks run a size large so I'm assuming my true size is 10? or is it 9?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
edit: Sorted out crazy customs charge, just as suspected, they'd put the decimal in the wrong place.

Received the shoes, went half a size smaller than my usual size as it was the only one they had in stock other than a 7 month wait.

They fit *just* a little tight around the area where the tongue meets the vamp. Any advice on how to open up the leather a little, stretch it out a bit? Would using shoe trees at a slightly larger size help?

edit2: Now with photos. Sorry for slight blur, damned iphone.

side.jpg

side2.jpg

i thought alden of carmel was getting a full size run of af79 in april at least thats when mine is done being made. can't wait to get mine i love the current alden cigar longwings i have now.

Arizor

Reaction score
Adam at AoC said they wouldn't be getting any more AF79 until October, but at the time I was asking after my size, so perhaps he just meant more in 10D.

Either way, these 9.5Es are slightly tight around the vamp/tongue area at the moment, but I'm told this is common with the Leydon last.

It's already softening up and stretching out nicely.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your description says "cotton duck" for the lining, i thought all the new Indy boots were leather lined. Are these really cotton lined or is that a mistake? Great looking boots either way, may need to get a pair of those...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Your description says "cotton duck" for the lining, i thought all the new Indy boots were leather lined. Are these really cotton lined or is that a mistake? Great looking boots either way, may need to get a pair of those...

Oh, good call - these are indeed leather lined. Got cut n' paste crazy for a second. I'll fix that now.

cthip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys,

Just a quick note - after long last we just received a box of the Indy 403's (Chromexel). Sizes 8.5D through 12D, available now. Plus, our usual huge-ass studio pics!

Indy%20403%20Lo.jpg

403 Indy Boot Chromexel: $395

for a second i got really excited and thought you were gonna tell us the officer indy restock came early. . . .

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
Adam at AoC said they wouldn't be getting any more AF79 until October, but at the time I was asking after my size, so perhaps he just meant more in 10D.

Either way, these 9.5Es are slightly tight around the vamp/tongue area at the moment, but I'm told this is common with the Leydon last.

It's already softening up and stretching out nicely.

It is not uncommon for people to be on a wait list for a certain size. 10D is a popular size.
teacha.gif

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, More Alden. brand new Cigar side bye side with brand new Ravello. I am waiting for a pair of brown calf longwings from Tom before I wear the cigar. I have been wearing my Darlton's until then:

cigarnravello2.jpg

cigarnravello1.jpg

cigarlongwing2.jpg

cigarlongwing1.jpg

ravellolongwing1.jpg

I picked the Ravello up this week from the DC Alden store. I traded in this pair of Whiskey for them which I had never even tried on once I got them home. They had another order of these in the store as well so if someone wants the Whiskey or Ravello just call them. My pics of the Whiskey do not do them justice.

whiskeyq.jpg

whiskey1.jpg

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
^^ very nice, that bottom picture is..
drool.gif

HEH! Those are the Whiskey I traded in for the Ravello. The DC Alden store has the Whiskey Wingtips in stock in several sizes.
devil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads