• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I knew it, my is pushed back again and scheduled to ship March 6 now.

I would be complaining now man, that's whack. Start charging them 20% interest on your money, compounded weekly.

nonissue

Reaction score
Ah, oh well. It's still pretty ******.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, no charge until it ships but maybe I can coerce them into giving me a 20% discount on my next order? I do like want that new white dress shirt they have.

wysiwyg

Reaction score
Anybody have the p2p, shoulder, and waist measurements for a 15-33?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I will when my shirt arrives tomorrow.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, just spoke to one of the worst customer service.

I asked her about the delay and she said it is normal. I understand that but when I ask if they have a more solid date she tells me (with a *****-ass attitude) that she only reads it off her computer. So I ask if there is a chance it could keep getting delayed and pushed back and she said yes. I sarcastically said "so I could possibly receive my shirt by June?" and she replies that it would be great to have a new shirt for summer and that all I could do is cancel or wait. I then explain that it is a pretty heavy cloth and that it isn't a summer shirt and she proceeds to tell me that I should have ordered a thinner shirt. So I told her I ordered it in December and expecting to wear it during January and February when they said it was suppose to ship and she just continues to act like it is my fault for ordering the shirt. At that point I just politely said good bye and hanged up. If i wasn't at work trying to keep my cool I would have bombarded her for being an asshole.

Alright, venting done...

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Anybody have the p2p, shoulder, and waist measurements for a 15-33?
15-33 white broadcloth shirt measured across the back, shirt pulled tight. Shoulder: 17" P2P: 20" Waist: 19" Very nice.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Finally received my extra slim fit shirts (2 out of 3 shirts) and the fit isn't as bad as I expected. In size 14.5/32, the collar and sleeve length practically perfect. The fit isn't bad at all, P2P is 19" and tapers to 18" in the torso. If the torso tapered to 17"-17.5", it would have been better. The chest isn't bad at 19" because the really high arm hole somewhat pulls it a bit for a tighter look but slightly bunches up in the back, not necessarily bad I guess, gives room for a mroe comfortable movement. The arm holes are extremely high though. The length is fine, perfect for tucking in.

Overall, it's not bad for the price I paid (around $35-$45 each) and if I really need to make it fit better, I'd probably just have it darted for a better fit in the torso.
bb_110.jpg

bb_210.jpg

I think it looks good but the shoulders are wider than what I'd want.

wysiwyg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
15-33 white broadcloth shirt measured across the back, shirt pulled tight. Shoulder: 17" P2P: 20" Waist: 19" Very nice.
Damn, they weren't kidding. I wouldn't have expected BB to produce something so aggressive. Time to go to the store and try it on. Thanks for the numbers.

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Do all the extra slim fits have the BB logo on the chest?

mmm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes
Do all the extra slim fits have the BB logo on the chest?

Not the dress shirts, only the sport shirts.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
I think it looks good but the shoulders are wider than what I'd want.
these shirts fit me badly. The shoulder was the problem. To get the shoulder in the right spot, I had to downsize until there was weird bunching in the back. They are a step in the right direction but will not work for all people seeking a fitted shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads