• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
They actually did have a minor buzz on this forum as the better alternative to APCs as an entry level raw denim. Their one tapered fit, the name of which escapes me, specifically. I never saw a fit of it I ever liked though; it always seemed rather awkwardly cut/sized.

yeah. i havent seen anything spectacular out of them though, denim wise. i like my CvsFs but mostly for the cut, the denim is cool too but it isn't a monster when it comes to fades

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
They actually did have a minor buzz on this forum as the better alternative to APCs as an entry level raw denim. Their one tapered fit, the name of which escapes me, specifically. I never saw a fit of it I ever liked though; it always seemed rather awkwardly cut/sized.
I blacklisted that **** when Mauro started sackriding them

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junebugmm
Why do I see a sudden explosion of things worth purchasing from B&S and Supermarket?

I know man I've been on a roll recently with footwear purchases. Better stop it there.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
Revised per editor's suggestion.

the only connection i make between mauro and crate is the cvsf and even that he was clearly not too happy about with all the fuckups, i dont remember any sackriding

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for once we all agree. I thought the CvF looks crap from the get go. The fit pictures were always strange, the the denim was streaky in a bad way.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never fully understood what happened with Crate, CvsF, etc... would someone enlighten me?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
I never fully understood what happened with Crate, CvsF, etc... would someone enlighten me?

A giant clusterfuck. Busted seams and random holes in the seat of brand new pairs. From what was said, it appears Crate was primarily responsible for overseeing the manufacturing of them and did piss poor, scratch that, no quality control at all.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a crate resurgence. The greentone denim on my Jacksons is very cool. And much love for the September Shirt, which needs to be made again. Crate might not be as awe inspiring as other more expensive labels, but it certainly has had promise.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember epic hype regarding Crate. It was ultimate, etc.

Then grundleholes appeared, and the whole hype machine fell apart like a wet burrito.

One of the finer examples of SF hype cycle, with the time frame even shorter than usual.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
for once we all agree. I thought the CvF looks crap from the get go. The fit pictures were always strange, the the denim was streaky in a bad way.

the only fit i can think of in the CvsF besides mine is warlok's and his looks good too. i don't think there is any issue with the cut.. and i wouldn't call the denim streaky. are you thinking about the right pair of jeans?

Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway

Originally Posted by Nil
A giant clusterfuck. Busted seams and random holes in the seat of brand new pairs. From what was said, it appears Crate was primarily responsible for overseeing the manufacturing of them and did piss poor, scratch that, no quality control at all.

pretty much. a bunch of people got theirs and there were the "grundleholes" as they came to be known in the seat where pocket rivets had been placed and then moved. stitching was way off in some spots, there were a few people with missing pocket rivets... Mauro did what he could to make reperations for everything but it was really a fuckup on Crate's side and they kinda shirked it off

edit: my pair is totally fine. stitching is good, no issues. theyve got the holes but they were patched up. one of the patches came off and i let it go to see if anything would happen... its been probably 3 months without it and the hole is still just chillin. only see it when i hold it up to the light

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of Crates.... vvvvvv
spam[1].gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NYT ran a story yesterday alleging that the following looks are current NY clubwear. this is more eccentric than our most eccentric SF member. excerpt from article: "Despite their devotion to fashion, the party hoppers of the last decade who went to club nights like Misshapes were pretty low-key; their signature look was skinny jeans, a designer T-shirt and bangs in their eyes. Now, with even middle-of-the-road young people dressing more smartly, that look is changing. The last year saw rumblings of a return of club-kid finery and the kinds of madcap outfits that were a mainstay of the 1980s and early 1990s nightclub scene." http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/25/fa...CODES.html?hpw
33571063jpg.jpg
33539626jpg.jpg
33753460jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads