• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
I sized down one on my APC NS, no discernible hip flare.
Originally Posted by ppllzz
u probably just skinny. i thought the punk coat was very slim
I'm slim, but not skinny. I'm lower middle of "normal" BMI. My height (6'5") is what causes most sizing problems for me. Bear in mind I qualified it with "for tall and slim guys". The medium would probably fit slim on me, but it would be too short. The body fit was pretty much the same as most other size large coats I have/have tried on. The shoulders and arms are quite slim however. Most of my basis for comparison is European sizing, so that might also be why it didn't strike me as particularly slim in the body as opposed to your experience.

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what the benefit to dry cleaning APCs before the first wash is (as reccomended) as opposed to a soak? Does the dye come off differently?

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DesignerValet
Can anybody tell me what the benefit to dry cleaning APCs before the first wash is (as reccomended) as opposed to a soak? Does the dye come off differently?
uhh just don't do it

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can eliminate odor/get rid of dirt without actually losing discernable indigo... the downside..... it could royally screw up your jeans in the wrong hands.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no benefit

greens11

Reaction score

Prolong time before the first wash in hopes of increasing contrast of fades.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can vouch for that too

blacks barely stretch compared to the indigos

inoves

Reaction score
hey guys.

i need some help here since i can't seem to find any info on apc black NS. all i know is that the black NS fits tighter

i love the fit of NS indigo sz 28 and so i'll like to get the same fitting with the black NS. anybody can share their inputs? it'll be much appreciated!

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inoves
hey guys.

i need some help here since i can't seem to find any info on apc black NS. all i know is that the black NS fits tighter

i love the fit of NS indigo sz 28 and so i'll like to get the same fitting with the black NS. anybody can share their inputs? it'll be much appreciated!

Yep same size here, if you're sz 28 indigo then look for sz 28 black. Black is raw non-selvage and fabric is much thinner, also much harder to get fades...

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have some black apc ns in size 28 for sale in the B&S section if youre looking for a pair

CuffEm

Reaction score
Whats the difference between New Cures and Petit Standard?

New Cure= Levi 510
Petit Standard= Levie 511?

Scooba

Reaction score
I wear a size 34 in Nudie Slim Jims. I just ordered a pair of size 33 New Cures. Do you think they will fit ok? This will be my first pair of APCs. I wanted a slim fit but not too skinny. I figure they will be pretty skinny when I first get them but will stretch out to a good fit after a week or two. Thought and opinions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads