• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BTW MA-1's are available for order, I decided to go with a black quilt lining on these and the first round of them is in production, so order if interested.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, Drew any chance of a few pics of the black horsehide?

Is it high shine like the calf?

Damn I want to kop hardcore....

Will think about it overnight and most likely send a payment tomorrow

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's low shine, quite different from the waxier looking calf. It's very solid looking, when put together as a jacket.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking drew has enough on his hands and is not looking for high volume sales right now, and instead focusing on designing. We are his test audience before he expands. He is not really doing any marketing of his brand. The man is thinking long term.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
I'm thinking drew has enough on his hands and is not looking for high volume sales right now, and instead focusing on designing. We are his test audience before he expands. He is not really doing any marketing of his brand. The man is thinking long term.
Basically. If he wanted to do that, it would have been easily done a while ago.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Basically. If he wanted to do that, it would have been easily done a while ago.

Seriously, all of these bloggers (Inventory, Selectism, etc.) check SF and SuFu. They're aware of the Jawnz.

splattered

Reaction score
Yeah i'd like to see some black FQHH pics as well... just ordered the black lamb but am still interested.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
How long until you get your sample whiskey fqhh finished and put up pics?

I dunno man, I brought together all the materials for that, but I have a few orders I need to clear through before I start working on that. It's gonna be a new but familiar style, to add on to the leather jackets. Might add one or two styles total here.

The whiskey color is like, it's the color of a good milk caramel, but it's got more dimension and depth, so it's definitely like looking into a glass of whiskey on the rocks, or the top of a nice old acoustic guitar. That kind of color.

I guess it will be a little bit. Fok's jacket in FQHH turned out really cool, we (including tailor) were all impressed, so FQHH is definitely a go, for at least our limited quantities of it. It's got a nice mix of graining and will most certainly take to a good beating, this one definitely needs to have the **** beaten out of it to even begin to bloom. We'll all be old men before we see a big evolution on that one, but it'll be worth it. I won't say bullets, but I think it could definitely give a blunt knife or object a hard time, it's a bar fighters jacket. I'll log back in around February 2020 to see evo pics.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Yeah i'd like to see some black FQHH pics as well... just ordered the black lamb but am still interested.

It's black leather, so a photo honestly won't really do it man. It's got a wider grain, a duller appearance than the unwashed lamb or calf, that's about it. Not much to see if you've seen my other black jackets.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam

yes my dude, pretty much. Being that I just woke up one day 8 months ago and decided to make clothes, I have been doing this as research, tearing down garments, consulting manufacturers, learning a lot. I still don't know tons, but I am working on it, so for now I am content to bring you projects that I've worked on, researched, tinkered with. Someday I'll be able to put together a more cohesive collection of clothing, but for now I like working piece to piece, building experience and seeing stuff come together. It's nice not to be too big, and know that what I put together is nice and quality and that I'm doing stuff for individual people. I'd rather that, than fake it and tell you guys stuff you want to hear and sell you junk.

Did more DB trench research the past couple days, has been interesting. DB trenches turn me on, they're really intricate and are full of details. Love that ****.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Did more DB trench research the past couple days, has been interesting. DB trenches turn me on, they're really intricate and are full of details. Love that ****.

Any word yet on details or color options for yours?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
not really decided, because I'm like 80/20 on a fabric decision still. I really like black and navy trenches in tradition cotton/poly trench blend, that slight cotton-y sheen sings out to me. I'll probably include more than just one khaki color, probably lighter and darker for traditional choices. Grey as well. Maybe wine? What do you guys think?

I prefer this to be a cotton-based material, and not a tech fabric. Not finding any tech fabric that I like much.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bright orange or red would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads