• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

todot62

Reaction score
I kind of looked and didn't see this question. Do any of you worry about getting indigo on the leather interior of your car when breaking in a new pair of raw jeans? I've seen how it rubs off on wallets and belts, so my assumption is that it could do the same on leather interior if one is doing a lot of driving.

Thanks,
Tod

dissapointedengineer

Reaction score
hey. newb here. first (and maybe last) post.
1)started off with levis 501 stf as a refrence point. 32x32 seemed alright.
2) next came APC Rescues (based on research). 29". waist now okay. legs painted on at first. ass is terrible. back pockets extend too low for my height.
3)emailed kiya. went with IH 634s. like em but don't love em.
stats: 5'-7"/32"waist/25" quads (yeah really - i squat..eh.. heavy)

anyway, can anyone recommend something that might work a little better?

was thinking warehouse 660 (i like the smaller leg opening) or eternal 811. any advice? thanks. attached some fit pics of the rescues, ih's, and 501's in that order.

(can't help but think just throw in the towel and stick w/ the $35 sears levis..)

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it definitely could. if you've got a light interior your jeans may easily transfer indigo... what jeans are you wearing? some don't transfer much and some do. i've never had any really rub off that i've noticed, but after wearing his Skulls to a club one of my friends turned his girlfriends white pants blue

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dissapointedengineer
hey. newb here. first (and maybe last) post.
1)started off with levis 501 stf as a ference point. 32x32 seemed alright.
2) next came APC Rescues (based on research). 29". waist now okay. legs painted on at first. ass is terrible. back pockets extend too low for my height.
3)emailed kiya. went with IH 634s. like em but don't love em.
stats: 5'-7"/32"waist/25" quads (yeah really - i squat..eh.. heavy)

anyway, can anyone recommend something that might work a little better?

was thinking warehouse 660 (i like the smaller leg opening) or eternal 811. any advice? thanks. attached some fit pics of the rescues, ih's, and 501's in that order.

(can't help but think just throw in the towel and stick w/ the $35 sears levis..)

what dont you like about the 634s? your pics didn't attatch btw

nvm theyre there now. i think if you gave time for the seat on the 634s to settle youd really like them... it looks like a good fit to me. if you like the 501 cut why don't you try some LVC? www.shopfarinellis.com has every cut of the 501 right now

todot62

Reaction score
I haven't bought any yet, but I was looking at getting a pair of EP's deadstock jeans as my first of raw denim.

Originally Posted by connor
it definitely could. if you've got a light interior your jeans may easily transfer indigo... what jeans are you wearing? some don't transfer much and some do. i've never had any really rub off that i've noticed, but after wearing his Skulls to a club one of my friends turned his girlfriends white pants blue

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
right on. typically the most dye transfer will be found with the japanese brands that are doing real dark denim that has been intensely dyed... i think you'd be pretty safe with those jeans but this isn't first hand experience. ask Mike about it in the EP's Denim thread and he'll tell you what he thinks, super helpful guy

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by todot62
I haven't bought any yet, but I was looking at getting a pair of EP's deadstock jeans as my first of raw denim.
In my experience, Cone doesn't bleed that much compared to a few notorious Japanese brands.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I'm a size 31 in APC new standard what size should I be looking at for RRL denim? There seems to be a **** ton of models but I'm mostly looking for the ones that pop up on Buy/Sell for under $100

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
This needed reposting

Christobevii3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
If I'm a size 31 in APC new standard what size should I be looking at for RRL denim? There seems to be a **** ton of models but I'm mostly looking for the ones that pop up on Buy/Sell for under $100

I'm not sure, but the RRLs fit a little bigger. I have a pair marked 33x34 and they fit me fine, the 31 apc rescues were so tight my quads would go numb and though could button them.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While trying to pack stuff, I found one of my older pairs of jeans. The denim is extremely soft, no stiffness at all. Wondering how the fit of it looks since it might mean I don't need to bother looking for any black denim.

x2ucdk.jpg

And I tried a boot tuck with it to see if it'd work:
sq064w.jpg

Thoughts?

Julian84

Reaction score
The fit looks spot on to me. I wouldn't bother buying another pair.

avery

Reaction score
100% best jean fit i've seen from you to date. who makes them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads