• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

jaac

Reaction score
When abouts does S/S usual get a release? Especially after the shorts, its surprisngly hard to find basic decent shorts. If anyone knows any stockists aswell that would be neat.

CuffEm

Reaction score
What sizing should I get on the Petit Standard if I wear a size 34 for Levi 511?

ranker

Reaction score
Wear a 29 NS in indigo. Just picked up a used pair of 30 NS in black. I noticed that the black is not selvaged. Does this affect its stretch at all? The 29 NS is snug at my natural waist (where I usually wear my jeans) after being fully stretched for the past 2 months of use. However, the 30 NS in black is barely hanging onto my hips. How would I know if its been fully stretched or not (since I got it used)? What's the typical measurements for a 30NS unselvaged in black? pre stretch and fully stretched.

I guess I'm wondering if I should just cut my losses and relist or if there's a way to salvage the situation and keep them wearable.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Bought the punk coat at 70% off a week ago and damn, that was a good buy. Great fit for tall and slim guys, with one exception: the body width. Surprisingly baggy for a brand that supposedly sizes their outerwear slim. Quick trip to the tailor fixed that though. Sweet fabric and nice horn buttons. Disappointing that the buttons aren't attached better (no stays and some loose threads) on what's essentially a $650 coat though.

Feeling very tempted to buy the spring 2010 mac. Hmmmm.

slappy

Reaction score
Well after wearing my New Standards for a few days Im pretty sure I completely disagree with sizing down 2 sizes. The waist has stretched out, but they literally pinch my balls as I walk. Im hoping they will loosen up but honestly Im expecting the bottom part of the jeans to rupture at some point. Seems like they would last longer and be more comfortable if I bought the correct size jeans. Frankly I dont even see why they would stretch out as there would be no pressure on them to, since they would fit comfortably from the getgo. Im probably going to shelve these, return to them when Ive lost more weight.

Burr130

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Well after wearing my New Standards for a few days Im pretty sure I completely disagree with sizing down 2 sizes. The waist has stretched out, but they literally pinch my balls as I walk. Im hoping they will loosen up but honestly Im expecting the bottom part of the jeans to rupture at some point. Seems like they would last longer and be more comfortable if I bought the correct size jeans. Frankly I dont even see why they would stretch out as there would be no pressure on them to, since they would fit comfortably from the getgo. Im probably going to shelve these, return to them when Ive lost more weight.

Takes about 2 weeks for them stretch out all the way. I felt the same about my petit standards after a couple days of year. felt pretty skeptical about the sizing down stuff but it all worked out.

if they really are that tight below the knee on you maybe you should of went with rescues instead of new standards.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Bought the punk coat at 70% off a week ago and damn, that was a good buy. Great fit for tall and slim guys, with one exception: the body width. Surprisingly baggy for a brand that supposedly sizes their outerwear slim. Quick trip to the tailor fixed that though. Sweet fabric and nice horn buttons. Disappointing that the buttons aren't attached better (no stays and some loose threads) on what's essentially a $650 coat though.

Feeling very tempted to buy the spring 2010 mac. Hmmmm.

u probably just skinny. i thought the punk coat was very slim

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy

I think that if you got your actual size in APC NS the waist would probably be way too large. Some styles/cuts of jeans just do not fit some or even most body types well. That is just the way NS's fit, that is probably why so many people blow out the crotch. I purchased NS's (sized down two) and they fit well but I just felt that I need a jean that gives me a lttle more room in the crotch, so I returned them. Maybe you would have better luck with the APC Rescues or another brand of raw denim.

givemefive

Reaction score
you have flare on a pair of APCs? weird

and no there's not really anyway - you can wash them once or a couple times and that will make it look a lot better but yea

gasoline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive
you have flare on a pair of APCs? weird

and no there's not really anyway - you can wash them once or a couple times and that will make it look a lot better but yea

Is this sarcasm? I thought hip flares were a pretty well known problem with APCs. I've certainly seen a few examples on the forum and IRL... I think any pant that stretches is going to flare right?

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gasoline
Is this sarcasm? I thought hip flares were a pretty well known problem with APCs. I've certainly seen a few examples on the forum and IRL... I think any pant that stretches is going to flare right?
no i was being serious. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing though. does an example come to mind?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads