• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My remarkably smooth recovery from wisdom tooth surgery has gone completely sideways. I woke up yesterday in agony, though I was able to knock out that pain with one dose of my pain meds. I thought that was the worst of it, but now I feel worse today than I did on Friday, the day after I had them out. Even after taking my pain meds before bed last night I woke up in the middle of the night from the pain. Plus, I get to deal with this while I'm at work trying to catch up after having missed two days during our busiest time of the year.

Awesome.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about these things, T-bone and MrG. Remember, we'll be dead in 100 years (or less) and it won't matter.

I can't seem to budge off 216. Stuck there for two or so weeks now. I'd not be too concerned but I have two conferences to go to in March, then leave for a 2.5 week vacation in April. No chance of weightloss resuming until May.
ffffuuuu.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tired of this bumblefuck city, its bumblefuck citizens, and college. Real case of the Mondays.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
My remarkably smooth recovery from wisdom tooth surgery has gone completely sideways. I woke up yesterday in agony, though I was able to knock out that pain with one dose of my pain meds. I thought that was the worst of it, but now I feel worse today than I did on Friday, the day after I had them out. Even after taking my pain meds before bed last night I woke up in the middle of the night from the pain. Plus, I get to deal with this while I'm at work trying to catch up after having missed two days during our busiest time of the year.

Awesome.

Dry socket? That's a ***** to deal with, check with your dentist and good luck!

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Sorry to hear about these things, T-bone and MrG. Remember, we'll be dead in 100 years (or less) and it won't matter.

I can't seem to budge off 216. Stuck there for two or so weeks now. I'd not be too concerned but I have two conferences to go to in March, then leave for a 2.5 week vacation in April. No chance of weightloss resuming until May.
ffffuuuu.gif

When I traveled a lot, I would run in the early morning, before anyone else was up (well, I still do that now). Works like a charm and keeps me from overeating throughout the day. That and drinking plenty of water tends to help.

Originally Posted by Connemara
Tired of this bumblefuck city, its bumblefuck citizens, and college. Real case of the Mondays.

Sounds like someone's ready to graduate. My last year in college, I knocked doors for an alarm company and shed my no-good boozing friends, and that got me across the stage.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
When I traveled a lot, I would run in the early morning, before anyone else was up (well, I still do that now). Works like a charm and keeps me from overeating throughout the day. That and drinking plenty of water tends to help.

Thanks for the tip...but not this cowboy. Knees are shot from squats and hockey. I'll tell you though, they feel a helluva lot better at the end of a day, 40# lighter.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ffffuuuu.gif

I know this too shall pass, but, man, does it have to hurt so much while I'm waiting? All of the pain I've had so far was killed by the Lortabs they gave me, but this hurts enough that they aren't doing the trick anymore.

Aren't you pretty close to your original goal? I don't remember exactly what you said you were shooting for, but I would think this is close. You should take pride in that!

Dry socket? That's a ***** to deal with, check with your dentist and good luck!

That's my fear, though the pain isn't in the spot where the tooth was. I had the top two out last year, so this time around it was the bottom that was pulled. The weird thing is that most of the pain is in the top, where nothing was done this time. Also, it's not sensitive to temperature, which I hear is a symptom of dry socket. I also followed the directions they gave me pretty faithfully. That all being the case, I'm hoping it's not dry socket.

I'll know what it is in a few hours - the doctor got me in for an appointment later today.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I know this too shall pass, but, man, does it have to hurt so much while I'm waiting? All of the pain I've had so far was killed by the Lortabs they gave me, but this hurts enough that they aren't doing the trick anymore.

Aren't you pretty close to your original goal? I don't remember exactly what you said you were shooting for, but I would think this is close. You should take pride in that!

Original goal was 200#. Thanks, yup, I'm pretty satisfied with 40# off. Even if I didn't lose anymore, it's a huge increase in my health level.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip...but not this cowboy. Knees are shot from squats and hockey. I'll tell you though, they feel a helluva lot better at the end of a day, 40# lighter.

40# lighter is still excellent, and I'm glad you're still motivated to keep going!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
40# lighter is still excellent, and I'm glad you're still motivated to keep going!

cheers.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like someone's ready to graduate. My last year in college, I knocked doors for an alarm company and shed my no-good boozing friends, and that got me across the stage.
Yeah, very ready. It will be over soon enough...only about 3 weeks left in Columbus, then spring break back in NY and off to Washington.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr G, sorry to hear about the tooth

P - I try really hard to run when I travel, too, and it has been working for me. another idea - take a 5 gallon collapsable water jug (you can get them at camping stores or on line) and fill it up and use it like a kettlebell.

another thing that I do is take a protien shake in the morning, and sometimes instead of lunch. it keeps me full and then I eat a hell of a lot less when I am traveling.

good luck

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in South africa. the US commercial service has a service where they set you up with meetings and charge you 700 bucks a day for the help. I use them, every now and again, espectially in markets that I don't know too well. so I contracted with them to do this, 6 weeks ago. we had a few conference calls to make sure that we were all on the same page. now I am here, having spent 20K on travel expenses for myself and my collegue, and the meetings that they set up are a total piss up. totally worthless. and I don't have time to fix them, so I will probrably have to come back in a few months.

I spent the day yelling at a diplomat today. I don't like to be an A-hole, but I told him that he would remember me on his retirment day, as the guy who fucked up his career. I am going to be on the phone next week to every ******* elected official that I can find, as well as the undersecratary of commerce to ***** about this.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
Mr G, sorry to hear about the tooth

P - I try really hard to run when I travel, too, and it has been working for me. another idea - take a 5 gallon collapsable water jug (you can get them at camping stores or on line) and fill it up and use it like a kettlebell.

another thing that I do is take a protien shake in the morning, and sometimes instead of lunch. it keeps me full and then I eat a hell of a lot less when I am traveling.

good luck

Thanks, Globe.

I saw the doctor. He said it sounds like it may be dry socket, but he didn't sound too concerned. They cleaned me up and packed the side that hurt worst with something to dull the pain. That helped a lot. It still hurts, but it's much more manageable. They also gave me some high-test pain meds, so once I'm off the clock I should be feeling pretty good.

The doctor didn't make it sound like he was too worried, and he didn't mention any need to follow up with him until my two week checkup, so hopefully I won't have too much more trouble.

It was a little disturbing when the nurse recognized me and basically said "yeah, I'm not surprised you're back, we had a lot of trouble getting those out." Apparently they took my being sedated as an invitation to spend a couple of hours beating the crap out of me!

Originally Posted by globetrotter
I'm in South africa. the US commercial service has a service where they set you up with meetings and charge you 700 bucks a day for the help. I use them, every now and again, espectially in markets that I don't know too well. so I contracted with them to do this, 6 weeks ago. we had a few conference calls to make sure that we were all on the same page. now I am here, having spent 20K on travel expenses for myself and my collegue, and the meetings that they set up are a total piss up. totally worthless. and I don't have time to fix them, so I will probrably have to come back in a few months.

I spent the day yelling at a diplomat today. I don't like to be an A-hole, but I told him that he would remember me on his retirment day, as the guy who fucked up his career. I am going to be on the phone next week to every ******* elected official that I can find, as well as the undersecratary of commerce to ***** about this.

This is riduculous. Sorry to hear it was such a hassle.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Thanks, Globe.

I saw the doctor. He said it sounds like it may be dry socket, but he didn't sound too concerned. They cleaned me up and packed the side that hurt worst with something to dull the pain. That helped a lot. It still hurts, but it's much more manageable. They also gave me some high-test pain meds, so once I'm off the clock I should be feeling pretty good.

The doctor didn't make it sound like he was too worried, and he didn't mention any need to follow up with him until my two week checkup, so hopefully I won't have too much more trouble.

It was a little disturbing when the nurse recognized me and basically said "yeah, I'm not surprised you're back, we had a lot of trouble getting those out." Apparently they took my being sedated as an invitation to spend a couple of hours beating the crap out of me!

Hope this puts you on the fast track to recovery.

JammieDodger

Reaction score
Mephedrone.

More something that makes me sad.

Taking a lot yesterday, all day, whilst at university, in lectures, etc. Talking to everyone, pupils like discs. Going for a drink with someone I'd never spoken to much before. Asking if others I had little contact with previously wanted to go for a drink and then getting a positive "next week sure" response.

And then, the intense agony inbetween highs. The sheer fear that it's already addictive. The fear of being unable to cope without it. This is before the comedown. Oh jesus, the comedown. I am suprised I am not ******* dead. Sitting here realising one has just arranged to go for drinks with people I don't neccesarily have much to talk about with. Knowing I can't actually be sociable without the drug but at the same time knowing I can't do it again, ever. Questioning whether the drink with the person I'd never drunk with before really went that well.

I am not great at meeting people. I have few friends. Probably only one.

What has the drug made me realise? If you talk to people and ask them for a drink, they'll probably say yes.

Unfortunately, the fear of being sociable is worse than ever.

Perhaps I'm not making myself clear at just how **** this drug made me feel. But put it this way, this morning, without taking anymore, I got a sudden rush and knew that maybe there was still some in my nose or something was giving me another amazing high. Unfortunately, rather than enjoying the high I was just wishing I wasn't feeling it as I knew there would be another comedown.

In summary kids, stay stay stay the **** away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads