• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
It will probably be a rough few years. Starting salaries for the jobs I want are not high. I mean, I already budget, but it's different when you're on your own of course.
It really isn't that bad, paying your own bills. I mean look at me, I pay all my bills on time, and still have enough left over to blow way too much money on a bottle of wine every paycheck.
It's really about choices. Do you want high speed internet or do you want regular internet and an extra twenty bucks to go drinking with? Do you want to shop at Trader Joe's or does Safeway work out better for you?

Besides, there is nothing better than knowing that it's do or die, and that you are relying on yourself now.

Then again, talk to me in May when my student loans kick in.

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Could be worse. I hear Kyle's starting salary was $0.00. Now I'm looking forward to the Big Timer treatment at his first restaurant.
True. But now I make $8.50 an hour. I'm already a big timer!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman

Really sorry to read that. We grew up with birds and had a parakeet for 12 years. He was succeeded by an evil African Grey.

Originally Posted by JayJay
Sorry to hear this. How old was it?

Thanks, guys. He was, like RJs, around 12. A rather long life for a parakeet. I think that, unless you own one, you can not imagine what a good companion they can be.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Thanks, guys. He was, like RJs, around 12. A rather long life for a parakeet. I think that, unless you own one, you can not imagine what a good companion they can be.

Until very close to the end, we didn't realize that as soon as we had left the house, our parakeet would unlock the cage door, leave the cage, come out and play, and then go back in before we came back. Very clever and charming.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Until very close to the end, we didn't realize that as soon as we had left the house, our parakeet would unlock the cage door, leave the cage, come out and play, and then go back in before we came back. Very clever and charming.
Smart bird.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eric, sorry to hear about your bird.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have to spend half my Sunday at work
frown.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's been in the mid-to-high 30s and sunny the last several days. Definitely feels like spring is in the air. Naturally, we're supposed to get up to eight inches of snow by tomorrow night.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't stop thinking about Jamie.
confused.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Can't stop thinking about Jamie.
confused.gif

At some point, you have to admit, Jamie has an outtie and not an innie.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ All I know is that life means nothing to me.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All I have to keep me company is CTV's coverage of the Winter Olympics and Style Forum. :\\

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
All I have to keep me company is CTV's coverage of the Winter Olympics and Style Forum. :\\

so your life consists of men in tight clothes and conne's incessant ramblings......and this guy was trying to tell us he's not gay
eh.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Saturday and Sunday were exercises in getting things done: corporate tax filings, chores, tax law studies, accounting case studies, etc. Sunday in particular was a whirlwind of activity, and I decided to knock out my tax law exam on Sunday evening instead of waiting for Monday night's deadline.

So, I'm at the last minute of a three-hour tax exam, I've checked and re-checked all 50 answers, and I hit Save All. *poof* the test vanishes, and I can't get back into it.

This morning, tech support tells me - sorry, no answers saved. I have to contact my professor, get the clock reset, and do the whole thing over again tonight.

The only consolation I can take is that I feel like I covered every aspect thoroughly - much better than I had previously. I was exhausted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics