• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Found these today, new and unworn:

img2500g.jpg

Those are my go-to Aldens! Nice find Alan, are they my size?
devil.gif
I'm wondering what sole to resole with on these? I like the crepe sole, but I think it is much heavier than the one that boot comes with, so I'm still mulling it over.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Yours, D?

Yup, first full retail Alden I've ever bought

Originally Posted by Trapp
Those look superb. Pics a bit blurry, though...cigar w/out storm welt?

Thanks, cigar w/storm. Sorry for the crappy iphone pics

Wish I could have bought them from Tom but had to jump on these when Leffot offered.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
Wish I could have bought them from Tom but had to jump on these when Leffot offered.

Yeah, all bets are off with the cigar indys...you gotta grab 'em when you see 'em.

Dexter_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Yeah, all bets are off with the cigar indys...you gotta grab 'em when you see 'em.

That's how I feel with #8 boots as well. So hard to find one and the waiting is too long.
musicboohoo[1].gif

I'm sure it will be well worth it though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Whiskey Indys pristine and unworn.
whiskyindy.jpg

After a few wearings.
indy001.jpg

Snuff suede after an equal number of wearings.
indy007.jpg

Dexter_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Whiskey Indys pristine and unworn.
After a few wearings.

Snuff suede after an equal number of wearings.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing that Whiskey after it has been well worn.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of work shoes, rather than boots. Does anyone have the Leather Soul indy shoes? Here's a funky vintage (old logo) pair I picked up off ebay cheap recently. If they had contrast stitching and sole, I think they'd be cool:

quantrell

Reaction score
I have them. More compliments on them than any other shoes I own, including EG, G&G, Alden shells,
etc, comfy too. Mine are the basic Footjoy configuration, but I think Tom said he'd be offering them in other materials in the future.

enigma77

Reaction score
Searched for this, but nothing concrete came up...

I have a pair of brown Chromexcel Indys (J. Crew version) that I believe are defective. The left foot, when I walk in the shoes, is higher than the other by around a quarter of a inch (maybe half an inch?), which, you know, causes a great deal of pain in my foot and knee. Overall the left shoe feels like the footbed is much higher and tighter than the right shoe, even though when you line the shoes up side to side they look identical. When I was first at the store and breaking these in, I attributed this to the fact that the shoes are handmade and that they needed to be broken in before a proper evaluation was given.

Well, they're broken in, and I get pain in my left foot and knee still when I walk in them. The pain is pretty dull, but obviously it shouldn't be happening. Any ideas as to my options?

Aquaphor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Searched for this, but nothing concrete came up...

I have a pair of brown Chromexcel Indys (J. Crew version) that I believe are defective. The left foot, when I walk in the shoes, is higher than the other by around a quarter of a inch (maybe half an inch?), which, you know, causes a great deal of pain in my foot and knee. Overall the left shoe feels like the footbed is much higher and tighter than the right shoe, even though when you line the shoes up side to side they look identical. When I was first at the store and breaking these in, I attributed this to the fact that the shoes are handmade and that they needed to be broken in before a proper evaluation was given.

Well, they're broken in, and I get pain in my left foot and knee still when I walk in them. The pain is pretty dull, but obviously it shouldn't be happening. Any ideas as to my options?

Can you still bring them back to J Crew for repair/exchange? Otherwise maybe send them directly back to Alden?

While I do love Aldens, sometimes their QC can be problematic. My Kudu Hawaiian Stompers on one shoe make a clicking sound from the internal steel shank whenever I tilt my foot up. I don't know if that is normal though...

seany

Reaction score
Cant you put some sort of cushion or support on the foot right foot ?

mikesduc

Reaction score
Send them back to J Crew. Something that dramatic should at least be eligible for exchange.

On another note i just ordered the AF53 from AofC. Very excited. I think my Alden collection is pretty much complete at this point unless the Plaza somehow starts working for me. Would love to have the Captoe in #8 from LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads